Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: Active Triple-double leaders: 1. Jason Kidd w/ 105... 2. Grant Hill w/ 29

Quote Originally Posted by no pun intended
    Hill with 29 and most of those coming from his Detroit years...
    most? thats an understatement. i dont remember him ever playing a game for the magic ok so yeah maybe he had a couple for them, but he was a wash of himself by than. and with the suns, he never has the ball enough to get them/and was old by than

odds are that almost ALL of them he had for detroit

More like Matt Boner HB40TheNextStar's Avatar

Default Re: Active Triple-double leaders: 1. Jason Kidd w/ 105... 2. Grant Hill w/ 29

Grant Hill's last t-d was in 1999... So yeah. Pretty sick to have 29 in his first 5 seasons though.

o()xxx[{::::::::::::> SourPatchKids's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HB40TheNextStar
    Grant Hill's last t-d was in 1999... So yeah. Pretty sick to have 29 in his first 5 seasons though.

Kidd is the greatest player ever:) haha...
    But its not just the triple dubs,, its the genius he displays on the court. such a high iq,, which could still serve him to get a few more triple doubles before he retires... gotta hit them three's tho to get the points.

Saw a basketball once

Grant Hill would be right there with Kidd if not for the injury. I remember Grant being a few ahead of Kidd back then. He was called Mr. Triple Double by newspapers and Espn back in the 90s.

It's the same story that followed Ken Griffey Jr., the baseball player. He would be right there in Homeruns with Hank and Bonds if not for the injury. Interesting thing is both also changed teams with those career changing injuries.

They were destined for great things, but instead are known as the what ifs....
    Potential and Talent for greatness cut short.

I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease

Kidd has come somewhat close to averaging a triple double for a season multiple times.

PHO 98-99: 17/11/7 with 2 steals lol

The next season put up 14/10/7

07-08 he put up 10/10/7

And he actually averaged a triple double over 12 games in the 06-07 playoffs put up 15/11/11, over 12 games not to mention he has always played tough d, Jason Kidd was a beast

Triple doubles are really arbitrary. A game like 20 10 9 will be forgotten but 10 10 10 won't. It's become overrated in that context but still indicative of a great overall game.

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by L.Kizzle
    McGrady might have the most almost triple double. He had many games with 10+ pts, 10+ boards/assist but only 9 boards/assist. I think he has 6 triple doubles in total.
    Against the heat he had 16-7-6 the other night. last season a few times he came 1 assists or a rebound short of a triple double.

NBA lottery pick

Ski sloped nose traitor snottie Pippen must have had a fair few along the journey.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Myth's Avatar

Kidd's prime seems to be undervalued frequently. I think he was better than Steve Nash, but Nash usually gets the nod from people because of his 2 MVPs even though he battled old Shaq for his MVPs while Kidd had to battle prime Shaq and prime Duncan, so of course he has no MVPs.

I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease MochaUdoka's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Simple Jack
    Triple doubles are really arbitrary. A game like 20 10 9 will be forgotten but 10 10 10 won't. It's become overrated in that context but still indicative of a great overall game.
    That's a very good point.

Someone mentioned earlier the fact that McGrady has come close to a triple double many times, but has actually achieved it only a handful of times. It would be interesting to see which players have the most "near triple doubles".

Kidd's averages in his triple-double games;
    17.5 ppg / 11.4 rpg / 12.2 apg / 2.1 spg / .433 fg / .803 ft / .386 3pt.

He has 107 career triple-doubles.
    Also missed a triple double coz of 1 assist or 1 point or 1 rebound 56 times.

He could have more than 150 triple-doubles.

Lebron has a total of 40 triple doubles:

32 in the Regular season
    7 in the Playoffs
    1 in the All-Star Game

.....not 29.............
    Last edited by pauk; 01-09-2012 at 11:14 AM.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Quote Originally Posted by pauk
    Lebron has a total of 40 triple doubles:

32 in the Regular season
    7 in the Playoffs
    1 in the All-Star Game

.....not 29.............
    HAHA Did you really just list the All Star game?

you can't stop me get these NETS's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Myth
    Kidd's prime seems to be undervalued frequently. I think he was better than Steve Nash, but Nash usually gets the nod from people because of his 2 MVPs even though he battled old Shaq for his MVPs while Kidd had to battle prime Shaq and prime Duncan, so of course he has no MVPs.

Kidd was clear MVP one year but....still had the stink on him from the domestic abuse case which led to him being traded to the Nets in the first place.

Even Duncan will tell you that the mvp belonged to Kidd that year.