Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Biased Troll

Default Active Triple-double leaders: 1. Jason Kidd w/ 105... 2. Grant Hill w/ 29

Kidd - 105
    Hill - 29
    James - 29
    Bryant - 17
    Garnett - 16

Only seven players in all of basketball history have more than 29 triple doubles, and Jason Kidd has 105.

Really puts his career in perspective. There's a reason triple doubles are vaunted. Getting 10+ assists and 10+ rebounds in the same game? Most guards don't average 10 assists alone and most forwards don't average 10 rebounds alone. Getting both in one night over a hundred times? And in his prime being able to guard just about any perimeter player? Mind blowing.

It's unfortunate so many players end up being judged by the circumstances out of their control. Jason Kidd could have easily been the point guard for a dynasty team that won multiple titles. It's not his fault he was repeatedly going into battle flanked by Wince Harder and Richard 'heeyyyyy' Jefferson.

Mike Wilbon and Tony Kornheiser sum up their 30 seconds of debate by saying "rings!" in order to get to commercial break, so of course most of you do the same because you saw it on TV. One could easily make the argument for Kidd as the #2 PG of all time, but of course if you did ISH would be in an uproar bleeting their cliches about "rings" as "the man!" and all the other foolish nonsense talking points you've been trained to repeat instead of thinking.

Anyway, show the Kidd some respect!

Welcome to LA S. Nash! rhythmic 's Avatar

Default Re: Active Triple-double leaders: 1. Jason Kidd w/ 105... 2. Grant Hill w/ 29

Really surprised Kobe is ahead of Garnett considering he played under the triangle offense most of his career and is a mass scorer.

But yeah Kidd is a legend.

Banned

Default Re: Active Triple-double leaders: 1. Jason Kidd w/ 105... 2. Grant Hill w/ 29

Definitely one guy I was genuinely happy to see win a championship before he retired. One of the highest basketball IQs ever

So it's official, Kidd > Kobe.

NBA rookie of the year Kingwillball's Avatar

I remember One season on the Nets he had like 20 Trip Dubs and a stretch of 4 or 5 games straight with one.

McGrady might have the most almost triple double. He had many games with 10+ pts, 10+ boards/assist but only 9 boards/assist. I think he has 6 triple doubles in total.

Rondo has 14 right now. He'll overtake Kobe and KG easily by next season for sure

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by JGXEN
    Rondo has 14 right now. He'll overtake Kobe and KG easily by next season for sure

Why u have a sad celtics frog there my man?

Gooner | Heat Nation EnoughSaid's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman
    Why u have a sad celtics frog there my man?
    Cuz Celtics are done.

Banned

its an overrated stat.. especially for oscar robertson since back in his day 10 rebounds wasnt even that many.. a guy who was the same height ( elgin baylor ) that same year averaged nearly 20 rebounds a game

but yea... triple doubles are not something a player averaging allot of points should get because then the ball has to almost always be in their hands for every single play. and that stagnants the offense

i'm actually surprised lebron doesnt have allot more considering hes what? practically a big man that handles the ball for 20 seconds of the shot clock

kidd grabbed 10 rebounds? kidd > rose

Local High School Star Bernie Nips's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kennethgriffin
    its an overrated stat.. especially for oscar robertson since back in his day 10 rebounds wasnt even that many.. a guy who was the same height ( elgin baylor ) that same year averaged nearly 20 rebounds a game
    Exactly. That's why EVERYONE was averaging a triple double, just like Oscar.

Oh wait...

Biased Troll

Quote Originally Posted by kennethgriffin

but yea... triple doubles are not something a player averaging allot of points should get because then the ball has to almost always be in their hands for every single play. and that stagnants the offense

i'm actually surprised lebron doesnt have allot more considering hes what? practically a big man that handles the ball for 20 seconds of the shot clock
    The list of career triple doubles is Oscar, Magic, Kidd, Wilt, Bird, Lever, Havliceck, Hill, James, Jordan, and Drexler. Not really a list comprised of players considered overrated.

You act like its a list headlined by VC and Marbury
    Last edited by FourthTenor; 01-09-2012 at 01:23 AM.

Mozart Basketball no pun intended's Avatar

Hill with 29 and most of those coming from his Detroit years...

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by DonDadda59
    Definitely one guy I was genuinely happy to see win a championship before he retired. One of the highest basketball IQs ever
    Me too I was ecstatic to see all the old farts on Dallas win a ring, and was even more so because LeBron didn't. I'm a turrible person.