Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Default Re: Lebron says he could averge 35-40 ppg if he really wanted too

Quote Originally Posted by kuniva_dAMiGhTy
    Maybe. 35-40 and maintaining good efficiency is another ballgame.
    Yep, you go into that mode and you become the only focus of the defense. One of his great attributes and the thing that allows him to shoot at his current rate is his willingness to give up the ball. Take that option away and the defense circles the wagons

Banned

But he won't because he knows basketball is a team sport.

Meanwhile, Kobe chucks and goes for a 100 against the lowly raptors and only gets 81pts. Destroys all the team building. Losers in the first round every year.

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by kuniva_dAMiGhTy
    Maybe. 35-40 and maintaining good efficiency is another ballgame.
    I don't think he could do it know. He lost some athleticism, but in 09 with a greenlight to shoot all the time might be able to do it. LJ was jumping from the ft line in game. I think it's easier for players to do it when they are young and full of energy. Like 24-27 age range.

Quote Originally Posted by secund2nun
    Btw Lebron has dropped 10 pounds recently.
    Source, or link?

If he has, that would help his first step and legs. Going to 4 straight Finals, and then attempting to to go to 5 finals, winning 4 would be so stressful on your legs.

LeBron has played in the most games the past 3 seasons out of the entire league.

But to the point, in essence it's not in LeBron's nature, mentality, or even really the dimensions of his game or skill set to even have the ability to do this. It's out of the question.

I think on a really bad team, selfishly focusing on scoring and nothing else, the following players could do it:

MJ in his prime on a bad team, think 1990, 1991, 1992, or 1993 model could do it. He'd put up 40 ppg on 45% FG.

Durant in this soft era, with a bad team and no Westbrook, while completely gunning could possibly do it.

Kobe= 1st round loser secund2nun's Avatar

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nba-ba...4640--nba.html

Ray Allen has the right diet idea, but if I could meet Miami I would tell them to go on a raw paleo diet instead of cooked paleo.

Quote Originally Posted by SamuraiSWISH
    Not with his current first step, and not as impressive explosion or finishing ability. He gets a ton of points in transition now. Super cherry picks FG attempts.
    Watch the games before you post.

He'd have to chuck, his FG% and efficiency would decrease dramatically. 40 is absolutely out of the question.
    He's averaging 27 on 56/40. I'm pretty sure that he can score 35 on 50/35. He actually scored 31.4 on 48% at 21.

Chris Boussard, arguably as big of a LeBron nut gobbler as ISH's own: pauk, NumberSix, RG, secundtonone, KingwillBall, plowking, aj1987, madmax, Hoopenumber1fan ... egged him on to say 40 ppg.
    I'm a Lebron stan?

Quote Originally Posted by aj1987
    Umm, I do are you watching them?

LeBron is transition bucket KING now. Same with semi transition baskets with HIGH pick and rolls where he gets a head of steam and barrels into the lane. He is always using picks to score. It's rare that he doesn't. It's unusual to see him score on a true ISO play.

This dude isn't jab stepping, triple threating, abusing players in the post with footwork / fades and step back jumpers. What are you watching, man?

He's averaging 27 on 56/40. I'm pretty sure that he can score 35 on 50/35. He actually scored 31.4 on 48% at 21.
    He averaged 31 in 2006 because of the soft ass rule changes. Everyone saw a major spike in PPG output. Iverson suddenly had a HUGE resurgence and actually put up better numbers than when he was at his peak in his MVP season 5 years previous. It's not rocket science.

The very next season he dropped 4 ppg.

I think he can score 35 ppg, I said that. His efficiency would drop no doubt. Are you fully reading what I type? I said 40 ppg is absolutely out of the question. It's not in his game, DNA, makeup, mentality or skills.

I'm a Lebron stan?
    I like you, but yea I think you're a LeBron stan.

Local High School Star TheReturn's Avatar

You read that entire interview and that's all you got from it?

Thanks for posting it anyways, I found it very interesting. And if you really want to discuss that tiny detail.. I believe he could average 35 if he wanted to on decent efficiency, 40 would be very hard.

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by TheReturn
    You read that entire interview and that's all you got from it?

Thanks for posting it anyways, I found it very interesting. And if you really want to discuss that tiny detail.. I believe he could average 35 if he wanted to on decent efficiency, 40 would be very hard.
    Yes it is and you don't have to click on the thread if you don't want to discuss it.

Don't see why not. As he said though, might not be the best for his team.

NBA Superstar

I'm a Lebron stan?
    LeBron dickslobberer detected

Magic Johnson

Come to LA, LeBron. You can play in our system and put up 35 easily. You probably won't win any more championships, though. Oh, and you'll have to compete with Kobe for shots (good luck with that).

He averages up to 8.6 APG (while still putting in up to 30 PPG), thats up to 41.8% AST%, that is up to some seasons of Chris Paul AST% territory.... thats alot of offensive possessions "wasted" on passing instead of being agressive trying to score.... not sure how much PPG he would average but its perfectly logical to believe he would definitely average more if he traded those offensive possessions with shots of his own.... Its not like his assists are forced due to bad situations which means it would have been bad shots if he shot instead of passed instead... no.... its just the passing/vision he has & unselfishness, he can hand out assists with one bad defender guarding him all the time by lazer beaming/threading the needle assists allover the place, its all natural as it is his role aswell as a point-forward..... all he needs is to trade that with a score-first mindset instead and preferably not care about the outcome of the game / alienate his teammates....

But it is this current Lebron his current game that made him and his teams this successful.... him chucking shots dropping crazy PTS would be kewl for the kids, but not for the outcome of the game.... definitely not the game i want him to play either lol, hell i want the complete opposite, i want Lebron to play PG and go for highest APG, be the next Magic... **** MJ
    Last edited by pauk; 10-15-2013 at 07:09 PM.

Umm, I do are you watching them?

LeBron is transition bucket KING now. Same with semi transition baskets with HIGH pick and rolls where he gets a head of steam and barrels into the lane. He is always using picks to score. It's rare that he doesn't. It's unusual to see him score on a true ISO play.

This dude isn't jab stepping, triple threating, abusing players in the post with footwork / fades and step back jumpers. What are you watching, man?
    He doesn't get the majority of his points from fast break opportunities though. He scored over 40% of points from 10 feet and beyond. This does not include the points that he scored in the post from floaters, turn around jumpers, etc. If I'm not mistaken, he scored over 50% points off of jumpers alone. You should read this.

He averaged 31 in 2006 because of the soft ass rule changes. Everyone saw a major spike in PPG output. Iverson suddenly had a HUGE resurgence and actually put up better numbers than when he was at his peak in his MVP season 5 years previous. It's not rocket science.
    How about 30 on 50% in '10? While taking 3 less shots than he did in '06.

The very next season he dropped 4 ppg.
    Along with a drop in FGA.

I think he can score 35 ppg, I said that. His efficiency would drop no doubt. Are you fully reading what I type? I said 40 ppg is absolutely out of the question. It's not in his game, DNA, makeup, mentality or skills.
    This is a hypothetical though. If he actually wanted to score over 35 PPG, can he? If he didn't care about involving his teammates and winning, etc.

I like you, but yea I think you're a LeBron stan.
    Far from it. Unlike those guys, I don't have Lebron in top 10 nor do I consider him to be better than Kobe. There's not much else going on ISH except Lebron vs Jordan/Kobe/Bird/Magic/Durant/etc. so I'm posting in a lot of his topics. I do however believe that he's a better scorer than Kobe, a great (not one of the best) defender, and not a "coward" for joining his "Pippen".

I'm a Wade stan, btw.

Quote Originally Posted by russwest0
    LeBron dickslobberer detected
    It is true that you Westbrick fans have a combined IQ that is less than his FG%.
    Last edited by aj1987; 10-15-2013 at 07:03 PM.

Of course he could. Lebron averaged 31.4 ppg @48% in his 3rd year in the league. Now he's averaging 27 ppg on 56% and is so much better player. If he went to chuck mode and made about 45% of his field goals he could easily average around 37 or 38 ppg.

Also obviously no assists and wasting energy on defence.
    Last edited by Nash; 10-15-2013 at 07:41 PM.