Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456
    Local High School Star fragokota's Avatar

Default Re: Is Basketball is to Europeans what Cricket is to Americans?

Quote Originally Posted by Euroleague
    Basketball is doing well in Turkey and Cyprus, and it does OK in the Baltic states also, and growing in Poland and Germany.

Then there are places like Israel where it also does well, but it's not a European country. But, they compete in European sports competitions, so that's debatable.

I don't know if basketball is the second sport in Europe or not, but I sure the hell know it's nothing as low in popularity as some of these clowns are claiming.

It might be behind sports like hockey, rugby, formula 1, motocross, handball, tennis, golf and things like that in certain regions, but I don't think you can say that it is across the continent like some fools are claiming.

For example, I am sure hockey is bigger in northern Europe, but I guarantee basketball is bigger through the whole continent.

I think for instance that rugby is bigger in France, UK - places like that, but no way in hell through the whole continent.

Basketball is definitely the #2 sport in enough European countries that it is in no way in hell a niche sport like cricket in America, or whatever.
    i couldn't agree more.the difference in popularity of various sports(besides football) across different countries and regions in the european continent is pretty amazing though.and we are talking neighbour countries having huge diversities in sports preference.take portugal and spain for example and the sport of basketball.no connection whatsoever

Some really surprising posts in here. I didn't think there would be this many posters here that enjoy cricket, much less test cricket. Test cricket is the god of all sports IMO (unless it's played on flat tracks).

Quote Originally Posted by backbutblack
    False.

Like another poster said, where in Europe does anyone give a shit about basketball? Lithuania and maybe Spain.

Where in Europe does anyone give a shit about hockey? Scandinavian countries (Finland, Sweden, Norway), Czech Republic, Denmark, Slovakia, Switzerland, Belarus, Poland, ect.

Most European countries have either soccer or hockey as #1/#2, followed by handball.
    You are a complete ****ing dumb ass.

Troll who tries to provoke you

Where Cricket is considered RELIGION:

1. India 1.25 Billion population.
    2. Pakistan 180 Million population.
    3. Bangladesh 150 Million population.
    4. Sri Lanka 20 Million population.

Thats 1.6 Billion people who consider it national craze, a religion.

Baseball even in USA with 315 Million is not a RELIGION, a national craze.

In USA, NFL Football has that luxury of being RELIGION, a national craze.

Cricket realistically is beaten only by Soccer which is RELIGION in many countries of the world heavily populated too.