Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Curry: 0x Finals MVP SilkkTheShocker's Avatar

Default Re: Houston Had 2 Point Guards Already Better than Lin

Quote Originally Posted by Lateralus

They should have coughed up the money to Dragic, he would at least give you what he is worth, smh.
    Houston is still in good shape. I'm not saying Lin ruined everything. But with Dragic, all they really had to worry about was getting their long term 4. But that player maybe on the roster already

The funny thing is that Houston had all three at one point. Lin was on the Rockets briefly last year before getting waived and getting picked up by the Knicks..

I don't get picked last at the park anymore

So 13.4 ppg 6.1 ast and 3 reb 44/34/77 is a bad line for a first year starting PG?

Strong idiots ITT

Serious playground baller

Quote Originally Posted by HoopDreams247
    So 13.4 ppg 6.1 ast and 3 reb 44/34/77 is a bad line for a first year starting PG?

Strong idiots ITT
    Maybe not, but the fact is that Lin is not the best fit, or even the better player than the guys he is playing ahead of. And its just because of his race.

Learning to shoot layups

Geez a bunch of overreaction to his first playoff game. Lin was very solid after first 2 months. Numbers would have been better if not for the first 2 months but he was still getting comfortable with his new team and the after-effects of Linsanity.

Dragic got 3 yrs of experience over Lin and Lin's number were somewhat comparable even with the first 2 months. Lin is going to develop into a better scorer than Dragic.

College superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Heavincent
    Lin is a crappy PG for the most part. The whole Linsanity thing was cool but he's fallen off a cliff since then.

I was completely shocked when the Knicks didn't vastly overpay for him. Smartest thing the Knicks have done in years. Usually the Knicks are the ones overpaying players who had a few good games.

Yep and the Rockets are usually the ones saving money getting rid of players looking for a max deal.

College superstar

Quote Originally Posted by SilkkTheShocker
    Agreed. I just never got the signing. Unless Houston's owner wanted Lin for marketing purposes.
    Bingo. Houston has a large asian/ foreign community. Morey is all about putting fans in seats at any cost.

College superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Lateralus

They should have coughed up the money to Dragic, he would at least give you what he is worth, smh.
    Yep Dragic basically would have made the same amount lin is making now. I think Dragic is making the same amout right now, playing for a garbage ass team. (suns)

Lin wasn't signed because he's great. He was signed to replace the gap in Asian viewership left behind after Yao Ming retired.

[color=white]I kid.[/color]

Do Lowry or Dragic bring millions of fans from Asia?

Only one of these pgs can be featured on 60 Minutes. I think we all know why Morey signed Lin. Cash cow...

Lowry's had a disappointing season.

Quote Originally Posted by Xsatyr
    I think we all know why Morey signed Lin. Cash cow...
    People keep posting that Lin has been some kind of financial windfall for Houston. Does anyone have any actual proof of this?

Can any jump in ticket sales can be attributed to Lin himself? Have the Rockets' tv ratings in Asian countries enormously increased? Jersey sales? Anything?

Quote Originally Posted by Shepseskaf
    People keep posting that Lin has been some kind of financial windfall for Houston. Does anyone have any actual proof of this?

Can any jump in ticket sales can be attributed to Lin himself? Have the Rockets' tv ratings in Asian countries enormously increased? Jersey sales? Anything?
    No one is saying the strategy has paid off but that it was Morey's motivation. Lowry and Dragic are better than Lin atm but he went after Lin.

Quote Originally Posted by Xsatyr
    No one is saying the strategy has paid off but that it was Morey's motivation. Lowry and Dragic are better than Lin atm but he went after Lin.
    No, actually people have posted as though the Lin cash machine is already in effect. I'm not saying you did, but others have.

Its obvious why Morey signed Lin, but I'd really like to know if the strategy really has paid off.