Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Default Re: do u get scared to play new good players in a pickup game?

Quote Originally Posted by GOBB
    You can get Mamba'd, I'm good. I'll guard Derek Fisher instead.
    true. But I'd have no prob telling kids that. Much better than dudes on here who are scared of former hs bench players at the park

Quote Originally Posted by IGOTGAME
    true. But I'd have no prob telling kids that. Much better than dudes on here who are scared of former hs bench players at the park
    Hell its much better than the OP admitting he gets scared to play new good players. Give me you who is doing squats like the white guy in the Michael Jordan hanes commercials saying "I can take Kobe, I got him" over the guy who left a wet spot on the court.

If you're good, you shouldn't be scared. You must not think you're that good? A brothers ego wouldn't let him be scared. Somebody "supposedly" good come to the court, you should say to yourself "these nighas ain't got nothin"

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by L.Kizzle
    If you're good, you shouldn't be scared. You must not think you're that good? A brothers ego wouldn't let him be scared. Somebody "supposedly" good come to the court, you should say to yourself "these nighas ain't got nothin"
    I'm wondering if the original poster truly meant fear. I can't recall if he clarified. The nerves and uncertainty portion seems to be more common and maybe he couldn't think of a better way to describe it.

I'm not the type of guy who assumes or pretends my opponents "ain't got nothin'" though. In my experience, that thought process has gotten me in trouble. I respect their abilities, but I don't over-respect them (which was a problem I had as a youth). I can see where your thought process can work though. I say I don't over-respect, but I do have to check myself sometimes. In those rare moments, sometimes I do need to get a little cocky with myself, in a "Shoot. These fools should be scared of me" type of way (even if I'm lying to myself).

Regardless of any thoughts running through my head pre-game though, they all fly out the window once the game begins. Having time before a game to over-think something is one of my worst enemies.

Future NBA G.O.A.T inclinerator's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by IGOTGAME
    honestly, I don't I would ever be scared on a ball court. If Kobe showed up I'd be the first one calling to guard him. I'd also
    ud also wat?????????