Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast
    NBA Superstar

Thumbs up Coach Nick breaks down LeBrons lack of Finals effectiveness, calls him a "statpadder"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y02r-Dz5cMw

Interesting video showing that LeBron was nowhere near as effective as the final stats indicated for the series. Coach Nick breaks down the situations where the Heat were within a 10 point defect and shows that LeBron did almost nothing in those situations compared to when they were being blown out by 15+.
    Last edited by russwest0; 06-18-2014 at 08:48 AM.

Default Re: Coach Nick breaks down LeBrons lack of Finals effectiveness, calls him a "statpadder"

Quote Originally Posted by russwest0

Interesting video showing that LeBron was nowhere near as effective as the final stats indicated for the series. Coach Nick breaks down the situations where the Heat were within a 10 point defect and shows that LeBron did almost nothing in those situations compared to when they were being blown out by 15+.
    Did you watch the entire video? I know the answer but whatever.

NBA Superstar

Default Re: Coach Nick breaks down LeBrons lack of Finals effectiveness, calls him a "statpadder"

Quote Originally Posted by navy
    Did you watch the entire video? I know the answer but whatever.
    I stopped at the part where he was talking about LeBron choking and then rubbed one out

Ah crap, no sound on my PC at work. Will watch this when I get home tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by Warfan
    This dude knows his shit He brought up a good point about Miamis offense aswell, I thought Spo did a bad job of playcalling in this series and went away from what was successful.
    Spo did what he usually does. The difference is Wade and the shooters just didnt have it.

This was the most efficient offense in the nba and Coach Nick has been complaining about it all year for 4 years now. I watch his videos. You cant control players missing open shots (like he acknowledged in the video) and layups (Wade )

NBA sixth man of the year Indian guy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by russwest0

Interesting video showing that LeBron was nowhere near as effective as the final stats indicated for the series.
    Nowhere in the video does Nick say that, nor do any of the numbers imply that.

Coach Nick breaks down the situations where the Heat were within a 10 point defect and shows that LeBron did almost nothing in those situations
    Miami had 42 possessions in the series when they trailed by 6-10 points. They scored 29 points in that situation, with LeBron directly contributing for 21 of those points. Of course, we don't know for how many of those 42 possessions was LeBron on the court for.

compared to when they were being blown out by 15+.
    36% of his points in the series came with Miami down 15+ points. What does that stat mean, anyway? Given how quick and often Miami was down big in this series, I'd say it means nothing. 64% of LeBron's points in the series did come when the game could be considered 'competitive'. That's pretty good.

Fair enough I guess. I just watched his vid from after game 4 and he broke down what was wrong with their offense.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JnU-HfgaKKk
    He has been complaining about it all year and despite being wrong for like 3 years now and all of this year including most of the playoffs , when they finally lose all he tried to say was "I told you so" like he has been right or something. Like I said this has been the most efficient offence in the nba. Even above the Spurs this year. Wade and the three point shooters just didnt have it this series. So the offense tanked. The defense on the other hand? Not good this year.

I like Coach Nick but watching his video his biases and his own coaching preferences are apparent. He is part of the reason I started analyzing basketball for the X and O's and not the emotion/ESPN narratives that gets regurgitated on here so there is that I guess.

I haven't watched his vids before so ill take your word for it. I think there have been some legitimate criticisms of Miami's offense the past few years, but it's hard to argue with the results. But when u play the elite teams and defenses the teams flaws are highlighted or exposed more. However the defense was more of an issue this series anyway...
    The only time the offense was bad was 2011. But Wade was in his prime so it really didnt matter.

In 2012, they got better. In 2013 and 2014 they were elite and the stats back me up.

Lebron is the driving force of the team and offensively even when he sucks he's good. But in the playoffs Wade, Bosh, or the supporting cast need to perform.

Problem was this year, they were too old and Wade picked the wrong time to tank completely. But it happens. Like Ginobli and Tony Parker shitting the bed last year in the finals. Only Superstars are reliable.

The defense was bad though. Especially Lebron except for a few stretches on Parker. The Heat dont have real rim protection so Lebron and Wade are not allowed to play bad defensively. They did.

Quote Originally Posted by navy
    The only time the offense was bad was 2011. But Wade was in his prime so it really didnt matter.

In 2012, they got better. In 2013 and 2014 they were elite and the stats back me up.

Lebron is the driving force of the team and offensively even when he sucks he's good. But in the playoffs Wade, Bosh, or the supporting cast need to perform.

Problem was this year, they were too old and Wade picked the wrong time to tank completely. But it happens. Like Ginobli and Tony Parker shitting the bed last year in the finals. Only Superstars are reliable.

The defense was bad though. Especially Lebron except for a few stretches on Parker. The Heat dont have real rim protection so Lebron and Wade are not allowed to play bad defensively. They did.
    Largely agree with this. Though i think the one good point the vid made was about Lebron post-ups. The Spurs were not doubling and were focused on stopping Miami's team offense (frequently staying at home on other guys - there were few open shots for Miami, most were well contested), so Miami should've been going to Lebron in the post again and again until it forced the Spurs to double. But this is more down to Spo than Lebron really.

edit: watched the video to the end and looks like he is blaming Spo as well. Yes Wade and other guys missed shots they were making in the previous series, but i thought Miami's offensive playcalling was woeful.
    Last edited by Dresta; 06-18-2014 at 10:01 AM.

Serious playground baller

he clearly must not be factoring in 1st quarters...because I can count 31 lol just off my head...14 in the first quarter of game 3 and 17 in the first quarter of game 5....not to mention that outburst in game 2 and the 4th quarter he had. They just got blown out a lot

Quote Originally Posted by Dresta
    Largely agree with this. Though i think the one good point the vid made was about Lebron post-ups. The Spurs were not doubling and were focused on stopping Miami's team offense (frequently staying at home on other guys - there were few open shots for Miami, most were well contested), so Miami should've been going to Lebron in the post again and again until it forced the Spurs to double. But this is more down to Spo than Lebron really.
    14% to 11% is not really a significant drop considering how this series went. At least in my opinion. The problem with Lebron post ups is that it truly is the only time Lebron intentionally isolates if the other team is not going to double. If they did double the other players have to make shots. Which they werent this series.

But I dont see how you can argue with 28 points on high efficiency. Would he have really gotten to 30+ on 60% shooting or something? No, I dont think so.

National High School Star funnystuff's Avatar

Wade missed multiple baby layups in each game, this guy.

Quote Originally Posted by funnystuff
    Wade missed multiple baby layups in each game, this guy.
    I think Wade shot a higher percentage outside the paint than inside.

Saw a basketball once

Statpadder? Look I'm no fan of Lebron, but even I can admit that he's a great player. The criticism he receives at times is just ridiculous. Granted he's deserved his share of judgment over the years, but that's because of the attention he draws to himself at times. But there was not much he could do to stop the Spurs. Give credit, the Spurs were the better team.

The Heat, as good as they've been the past 2, 3 seasons, they just weren't as good this seasons. They were older and slower coming into the 2014 regular season. As great as Lebron is, he can't carry an entire team it's not possible.

NBA All-star

so I should now proudly march into my guy's office who's suppose to score when the points differentiation is within 10 points and complain about his efficiency right?

The End of Hero Ball!!!! Hurray!!!!