Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 02-20-2013, 02:17 PM   #31
Rameek
Krust Kingz

Rameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this board
Default Re: Jets open to trading Revis

So now the Jets are just under the cap woo hoo. Now its time to do the right thing for the team. Trade Revis to SF for Smith plus.

LB Calvin Pace, LB Bart Scott, T Jason Smith, S Eric Smith and TE Josh Baker

Now the Jets have to find some players to trade for picks because there are a lot of holes to fill. FA isnt really an option.

Niko I think a lot of the Jets team is overrated no news there.
Rameek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 02:36 PM   #32
Heavincent
7-time NBA All-Star

Heavincent is popular on this boardHeavincent is popular on this boardHeavincent is popular on this boardHeavincent is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rameek
So now the Jets are just under the cap woo hoo. Now its time to do the right thing for the team. Trade Revis to SF for Smith plus.

I'll be pissed if they trade Revis anywhere, but trading him to SF for Alex fucking Smith would be the dumbest thing ever. I'm not trading one of the best CB's ever for a mediocre QB. And their first round picks won't mean much to me, as they'll likely be picking in the late 20's.
Heavincent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 02:42 PM   #33
knickballer
Very good NBA starter

knickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavincent
I'll be pissed if they trade Revis anywhere, but trading him to SF for Alex fucking Smith would be the dumbest thing ever. I'm not trading one of the best CB's ever for a mediocre QB. And their first round picks won't mean much to me, as they'll likely be picking in the late 20's.

Alex Smith is a solid QB, i'll leave it that. Most underrated QB in the league by far.

As for the trade I don't like it either for the Jets. If they were to do that trade they would have to take Smith's salary which would be around $8mil next year and to have Sanchez on the club as well would be a waste. $20 something for QB's is waste considering neither of them are top 5 QB's. Not to mention the fact they can get Smith once SF cuts him to save some cap.
knickballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 02:53 PM   #34
Heavincent
7-time NBA All-Star

Heavincent is popular on this boardHeavincent is popular on this boardHeavincent is popular on this boardHeavincent is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickballer
Alex Smith is a solid QB, i'll leave it that. Most underrated QB in the league by far.

As for the trade I don't like it either for the Jets. If they were to do that trade they would have to take Smith's salary which would be around $8mil next year and to have Sanchez on the club as well would be a waste. $20 something for QB's is waste considering neither of them are top 5 QB's. Not to mention the fact they can get Smith once SF cuts him to save some cap.

Alex Smith isn't a top 15 QB. I guarantee you he would struggle immensely on the Jets because he wouldn't have one of the best offensive lines in the league along with a really good RB and decent receivers (Davis and Crabtree). He's just not that great of a QB. He's a game manager.

The Jets aren't gonna find their franchise QB this year. They could get Alex Smith if they really wanted to, but he's not the answer. Whoever is behind center this year will just be a stop-gap.
Old 02-20-2013, 02:55 PM   #35
Heavincent
7-time NBA All-Star

On a related note, it's funny how much the Jets salary cap situation improved just by cutting a few scrubs
Old 02-20-2013, 03:18 PM   #36
Rameek
Krust Kingz

Rameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavincent
On a related note, it's funny how much the Jets salary cap situation improved just by cutting a few scrubs
Well look at who are the highest paid players on the jets too many are paid like the top 10 in the position but arent.

To be honest Smith isnt the answer. Even if they are late round picks in addition to Smith you are never going to get equal value for him. This wont be Champ Bailey for Clinton Portis plus type of deal and sure enough not a Hershal Walker deal in the making. Considering that any team that takes him will have to pay him some serious money. The Jets dont have a QB right now. We all know the talent level on the offensive side of the ball is sorely lacking but at least Smith can minimize the costly TO's which hurt the Jets more than anything else last year. Personally I like Greg McElroy to start more than Sanchez.

Keeping Revis doesnt help the Jets in the future if he wants top NFL money. I think he should get it but the Jets shouldnt be the one that pays it.
Rameek is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: