Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Shutting down your thread with knowledge and intelligence DJ Leon Smith's Avatar

Default Re: Explaining LeBrons decline.

Quote Originally Posted by pauk
    Not the best 10 game stretch for him, its still great numbers but not so super great by his standards, anything less than a 30-10-10 average with 60% FG is a decline for Lebron i guess...... but because its only 10 (11?) games he can also balance out his FG% & everything with only a great game or two.... hopefully that happens so we dont have to see these threads
    LOL.

https://vine.co/v/O1zlnEZ2pve

Quote Originally Posted by Milbuck
    I'm not gonna get into your second and third points, but your first point is reasonable, and your fourth point pretty much sums up why I think they'll be good enough to make it through the East, but will get murked into the ground by whichever team makes it out of the West.

San Antonio, Dallas, healthy OKC, possibly even Golden State, in-form LAC, Portland..these teams will absolutely massacre that Cleveland defense. Especially seeing what San Antonio did to Miami in the last finals, and how Dallas' offense looks now so early in the season..it would be a slaughter.

People keep likening this Cleveland situation to the early Big 3 Heat...it's not even remotely close. Those early Heat squads were still playing sound defense..it wasn't as refined as it'd get later on when they won the chips, but the roster was there, the system was developing, and the consistent effort was there to defend at a good to high level.

This Cavs team is fundamentally flawed top to bottom defensively. Love is abysmal defensively, it's pretty much a layup line for the opposition if you don't have an elite defensive anchor there..which they don't have. Varejao is solid, but solid doesn't compensate for Love, and it sure as hell isn't enough to develop a championship level defense. Lebron himself has slipped defensively, whether it's declining athleticism, disinterest, fatigue, etc. Thompson, Waiters, Irving, Miller, etc..just a recipe for disaster defensively.
    I agree with most of what you said. With all the pieces Cavs got, what kind of realistic trades do you think could make them better?

NBA rookie of the year

Quote Originally Posted by Overdrive
    Well, he went on a diet to tone down his weight. So I guess he started to feel his body (aching). Instead of keeping his superior body and just slow down the game like Karl Malone did. He decided to lose weight by omitting carbs and proteins from his diet. So he lost weight by losing muscle basically. The same muscle that gave him speed and lift. Not only did he lose strength but speed in the process and that's why he sucks now - relatively speaking.
    He cut carbs, not protein. If you do a low carb diet correctly, you won't lose muscle mass (may have a harder time gaining new muscle, though). No way did he or any professional athlete cut protein below their maintenance level.

Quote Originally Posted by 305Baller
    I cant believe you people overlook the fact that he's played in so many postseason games that he has already played a full career in many players lifespans.

He will be fine come postseason.
    [B]what about all those 4th quarters where he took a break ?......... that

Quote Originally Posted by OldSchoolBBall
    He cut carbs, not protein. If you do a low carb diet correctly, you won't lose muscle mass (may have a harder time gaining new muscle, though). No way did he or any professional athlete cut protein below their maintenance level.
    Looked it up. It was no carbs no dairy products. Still my points stand he lost muscle I'm sure he didn't lose 20 pounds of fat.

I brick nerf balls La Frescobaldi's Avatar

New drug rules announced; body weights plunge; athletes noticeably less athletic; threads about decline appear.

Quote Originally Posted by La Frescobaldi
    New drug rules announced; body weights plunge; athletes noticeably less athletic; threads about decline appear.
    what new rules

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Leon Smith
    He was just admiring the scenery, man. Let's not act like this happens every game...

Wait...

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...ion-vs-wizards

[QUOTE=tomtucker][B]what about all those 4th quarters where he took a break ?......... that

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Fudge's Avatar

Lmfao @ pauk ITT

NBA rookie of the year

He turns 30 in like a few weeks and has a lot of mileage on his legs.

Some reduction in athletic ability is simply to be expected.

Though this year is nothing, you will see a more progressive decline as he turns 31/32.

Quote Originally Posted by HOoopCityJones
    Gimme a break, he hasn't played half the Post Season ball Kobe and Duncan have an both those guys are approaching 40 fast. LBJ is either being lazy enough to Coast the season so his Teammates can carry the Team to the Playoffs, where he'll take over. He's hurt. Or the rumors about Steroid use was true and his body is having a hard time adjusting to his mere mortal abilities.

I refuse to believe Lebron just exited his prime 6 months from a great individual Finals performance.
    Don't forget Kobe had a few years off due to breakdown and Duncan gets a lot of minutes off during the season.

I brick nerf balls La Frescobaldi's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tomtucker
    what new rules
    hgh testing started this year. LOL at the delay

my cycling buddies (some of whom I've known 50 years and were very successful on the peloton in their day) think the nba is a hoot and bush league 30 years behind the times; which may be true but I love hoops.

father time. dude has two athletic boys who probably wear him out at home

[QUOTE=tomtucker][B]what about all those 4th quarters where he took a break ?......... that