Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Gooner | Heat Nation EnoughSaid's Avatar

Default Let's be honest, the Cavaliers are just not good enough

This isn't an overreaction thread. I'm not saying this team won't make the Playoffs, or that it won't win a series. But at this point, they're just not good enough. Let's look at the roster.

Irving
    Marion
    James
    Love
    Varejao

Harris
    Waiters
    Miller
    Thompson
    Amundson
    Cherry
    Dellavedova
    Haywood
    Jones

LeBron is going to have to play 40+ seemingly perfect minutes a night to get this work. And that's just on the offensive end.

People were talking about how great this Big 3 was and that LeBron wont have to carry anyone like he had to in the final season in Miami. Welllll shit. I think they forgot that defense is still a part of the game? Love and Irving are horrid defenders, and you don't have a coach that will set up a defensive system to allow the players to mesh together and defend as a unit.

I'm sorry, but the rash conclusions and predictions people were making about this team being a lock for the ECF are just stupid. Don't even attempt to compare this team to the 2011 Heat.

But hey, maybe they go on a 10 game winning streak and shut me up. Anything could happen. But as of now? This team isn't even a top 3 team in the East.

Local High School Star KingPush's Avatar

Default Re: Let's be honest, the Cavaliers are just not good enough

agreed.

Yes Excuses

HomieWeMajor
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

What you think of yesterday's Arsenal game

Gooner | Heat Nation EnoughSaid's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HomieWeMajor
    What you think of yesterday's Arsenal game
    Same shit, different day. The board and Wenger have no ambition. To me it seems as if they're striving for a top 4 finish and don't care about trying to win anything else. Think it's time for a change. Let Arsene finish this season and then have him resign and bring in a fresh face.

I've said it before...they're just flawed defensively from a personnel standpoint. I have no doubt their offense will figure itself out, it's still way too early to make definitive judgements on that end. But there's only so much defensive schemes, coaching, and effort can do for your defense..at some point the guys you put on the floor will just be outmatched.

They will get torn to shreds by the elite offenses of the West like San Antonio, Dallas, healthy OKC, GS, blah blah blah. They can get past a healthy Chicago team or Toronto if they're legit, but their defense will kill them against the West imo.

Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Lebron, Kyrie and Varejao look fine. Lebron obviously isn't playing up this his usual "clearly best player in the league" standards but still very good overall.

The bench is trash. Other than Thompson, is there anyone on there that even looks like a competent rotation player?

Love is playing poorly. He's the one that really needs to step it up.

Not airballing my layups anymore

ahhh i love it...lebrittany cant win shit without the best team thinkable....

and meanwhile...kevin love's overrated ass finally getting exposed...been calling it for years

Decent college freshman game3524's Avatar

They will still be a very good offensive team, but they can't play defense at all and I don't see how that gets better given their personnel.

Already an EXCUSE thread? having 2 superstars, ultimate role player centre, role player marion, role player TT, role player waiters, role player miller but not enough yet. all those players would be starters or pivotal reserves on another team. so how is it not enough lol? what about the cavs just do what they got and people stop complaining they need him, they need him. if he really is a star than he doesnt need any more than he has to win

Quote Originally Posted by L.A.Hawks
    ahhh i love it...lebrittany cant win shit without the best team thinkable....

and meanwhile...kevin love's overrated ass finally getting exposed...been calling it for years

kyrie
    TONY ALLEN
    LBlowJob
    Love
    BILL LAIMBEER

BENCH
    jamal crawford
    dennis rodman
    varejao
    dellaldova
    miller

if the cavs had this team and lost people would still be complaining that they need more depth and its not lbj fault, i really think that....lol,... u n00bz

They don't have any rim protectors or perimeter defenders. Teams are pretty much getting anything they want on offense.

I mean, the best defender on their team is probably 40 year old Shawn Marion.

Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Quote Originally Posted by WTFdidNBAbigsGO
    Already an EXCUSE thread? having 2 superstars, ultimate role player centre, role player marion, role player TT, role player waiters, role player miller but not enough yet. all those players would be starters or pivotal reserves on another team. so how is it not enough lol? what about the cavs just do what they got and people stop complaining they need him, they need him. if he really is a star than he doesnt need any more than he has to win
    Now I know that you're not very smart so I'll use very few words: Basketball is a team sport.

Quote Originally Posted by bdreason
    They don't have any rim protectors or perimeter defenders. Teams are pretty much getting anything they want on offense.

not LeBron?

Quote Originally Posted by bdreason

people would say lebron is dpoy, he even said it himself lol but he sure as hell is achoring or even containing his own man. the man is a myth. his legacy is a fake, social media has over hyped him and made him look like a goddess.