Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-13-2013, 11:15 PM   #16
Crystallas
Smile, you're on ISH
 
Crystallas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Land of sunshine
Posts: 3,696
Default Re: How Many Championships would Jordan have won if...

He would still average the most topics on the frontpage of the ISH NBA section of any retired player.

Can't ignore the GOAT, only try to chop him down with envy.
Crystallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 11:20 PM   #17
Cali Syndicate
Championship or bust
 
Cali Syndicate's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: The Lone Star State
Posts: 3,948
Default Re: How Many Championships would Jordan have won if...

Outside of Portland, those teams were built around big men. I see Portland winning one or two prior to MJ's first retirement.
Cali Syndicate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 11:32 PM   #18
MAC system
Serious playground baller
 
MAC system's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 433
Default Re: How Many Championships would Jordan have won if...

how many rings would jordan win with dwight/pau/artest/nash?

my guess is a lot
MAC system is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 11:40 PM   #19
kuniva_dAMiGhTy
NBA Superstar
 
kuniva_dAMiGhTy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 14,312
Default Re: How Many Championships would Jordan have won if...

Probably more. A lot of the teams Jordan's went against had MORE talent.
kuniva_dAMiGhTy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 11:53 PM   #20
97 bulls
NBA Superstar
 
97 bulls's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 13,985
Default Re: How Many Championships would Jordan have won if...

What are we replacing Jordan with? And what are we replacing Ewing, Wilkins, Drexler, with?
97 bulls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 11:55 PM   #21
97 bulls
NBA Superstar
 
97 bulls's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 13,985
Default Re: How Many Championships would Jordan have won if...

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuniva_dAMiGhTy
Probably more. A lot of the teams Jordan's went against had MORE talent.
Even if that were true, which it isnt, were they better?
97 bulls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 11:57 PM   #22
eliteballer
NBA All-star
 
eliteballer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 9,311
Default Re: How Many Championships would Jordan have won if...

We're switching Jordan with the counterpart superstar...
eliteballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 12:12 AM   #23
kuniva_dAMiGhTy
NBA Superstar
 
kuniva_dAMiGhTy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 14,312
Default Re: How Many Championships would Jordan have won if...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 97 bulls
Even if that were true, which it isnt, were they better?

Portland, NY in '93, and LA (when they weren't injured) were definitely better.
kuniva_dAMiGhTy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 12:31 AM   #24
97 bulls
NBA Superstar
 
97 bulls's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 13,985
Default Re: How Many Championships would Jordan have won if...

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuniva_dAMiGhTy
Portland, NY in '93, and LA (when they weren't injured) were definitely better.
Its funny when people say this because we know how good the Bulls were without Jordan.
97 bulls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 12:32 AM   #25
red1
GOAT franchise
 
red1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: raptors
Posts: 16,660
Default Re: How Many Championships would Jordan have won if...

12
red1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 12:32 AM   #26
kuniva_dAMiGhTy
NBA Superstar
 
kuniva_dAMiGhTy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 14,312
Default Re: How Many Championships would Jordan have won if...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 97 bulls
Its funny when people say this because we know how good the Bulls were without Jordan.

They were good. Just not as good as the '92 Blazers, '91 Lakers or '94 Knicks, whom they beat a year earlier w/ Jordan. Reality.
kuniva_dAMiGhTy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 12:46 AM   #27
TheMarkMadsen
15x all nba legend
 
TheMarkMadsen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 12,730
Default Re: How Many Championships would Jordan have won if...

Only way to discredit Jordan is to make up hypotheticals and then answer the question delusional.

Reality> what a bunch of haters think might have happened in some hypothetical alternate universe.

Jordan's da goat deal with it.
TheMarkMadsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 01:08 AM   #28
97 bulls
NBA Superstar
 
97 bulls's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 13,985
Default Re: How Many Championships would Jordan have won if...

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuniva_dAMiGhTy
They were good. Just not as good as the '92 Blazers, '91 Lakers or '94 Knicks, whom they beat a year earlier w/ Jordan. Reality.
Lol reality? The LA Lakers were scrubs when Johnson retired. And thats with them getting a solid PG in Sedale Threat to replace him.You dont remember that?

You want more 'reality'? Check and see how other players in question teams faired when they were injured and missed a significant amount of a season.
Ewings Knicks won 57 games in 97. He misses half the season the following year and the Knicks drop to 43. How many games do they win without Ewing for the whole season? The Blazers won 57 games in 92. The following year they drop to 51 when Drexler misses half the season. The year before Wilkins goes down for half the season, the Hawks win 43 games. They won 38 the following year. Again I ask, how many games do these players teams win without them for a whole year?

Why people go out of their way to undermine the Bulls outside of Jordan is crazy. WE SAW WHAT THEY COULD DO WITHOUT HIM. And make no mistake. Jordan is the greatest ever, but theres a reason why the Bulls were able to do what they did during the 90s. And it wasnt solely based on Jordan. Did the Bulls habe nights when they didnt have it and needed Jordan to off? Sure. But thats not out of the norm.
97 bulls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 01:23 AM   #29
kuniva_dAMiGhTy
NBA Superstar
 
kuniva_dAMiGhTy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 14,312
Default Re: How Many Championships would Jordan have won if...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 97 bulls
Lol reality? The LA Lakers were scrubs when Johnson retired. And thats with them getting a solid PG in Sedale Threat to replace him.You dont remember that?

I wasn't talking about those Lakers teams without Magic (who were plagued w/ injuries). I said the '91 Lakers had more talent than the 90's Bulls.

Quote:
You want more 'reality'? Check and see how other players in question teams faired when they were injured and missed a significant amount of a season.
Ewings Knicks won 57 games in 97. He misses half the season the following year and the Knicks drop to 43. How many games do they win without Ewing for the whole season? The Blazers won 57 games in 92. The following year they drop to 51 when Drexler misses half the season. The year before Wilkins goes down for half the season, the Hawks win 43 games. They won 38 the following year. Again I ask, how many games do these players teams win without them for a whole year?

What does any of this have to do w/ what I posted? Again: Top to bottom, the '93 Knicks, '92 Blazers and '91 Lakers had more TALENT than the Bulls. That's just the truth.

Quote:
Why people go out of their way to undermine the Bulls outside of Jordan is crazy. WE SAW WHAT THEY COULD DO WITHOUT HIM.

What? Saying there were better teams, as far as talent is concerned, is undermining them? Relax and try reading what I post dude. If you honestly cant admit that it's debatable we should just stop here and agree to disagree. I dont want to go back and forth with a crazy Bulls homer.
kuniva_dAMiGhTy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 01:27 AM   #30
tpols
we already won
 
tpols's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 22,626
Default Re: How Many Championships would Jordan have won if...

If you take Ewing off the 93 bulls what talent do they have?
tpols is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:


Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:23 AM.






NBA BASKETBALL FORUM KEY LINKS:

NBA Basketball

NBA Rumors

Basketball Blog

NBA Videos

Search Site

FOLLOW US
Twitter
Facebook
Instagram
YouTube
















Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy