Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Default Re: Can a case be made that Lebron has never been the best player for any season his...

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoBe
    how was bron better than rose in 2011 when rose lead a team of scrubs to the ecf?

give rose wade and bosh he would had been in the finals and possibly winning a championship.
    Kobetards are an elite kind of retarded.

Default Re: Can a case be made that Lebron has never been the best player for any season his...

Quote Originally Posted by nathanjizzle
    clutch game record for both players that year.

rose- 30-10 75%

lebron - 23-16 59%
    4-1, jizzboy.

EDIT: Not to mention the 43% TS.

EDIT 2:

'04 - KG
    '05 - Wade
    '06 - Kobe
    '07 - Kobe
    '08 - LeBron
    '09 - LeBron
    '10 - LeBron
    '11 - LeBron/Dwight/Wade
    '12 - LeBron
    '13 - LeBron
    '14 - KD
    '15 - Curry
    Last edited by aj1987; 02-03-2016 at 05:22 AM.

Free the banned users. stalkerforlife's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by aj1987
    4-1, jizzboy.

EDIT: Not to mention the 43% TS.

EDIT 2:

'04 - KG
    '05 - Wade
    '06 - Kobe
    '07 - Kobe
    '08 - LeBron
    '09 - LeBron
    '10 - LeBron
    '11 - LeBron/Dwight/Wade
    '12 - LeBron
    '13 - LeBron
    '14 - KD
    '15 - Curry
    Pretending to be a Heat fan to seem objective regarding Bran.

Not a good look.

I think 2012 is the only year where he's been the best player on the planet and only because Durant fell off after the first two games in the finals.
    06-10 it's quite clearly Kobe
    11 is Dirk, also clear as a day, second would be Wade. Even Howard has a case
    12 - bron
    13 - probably bron, but KD was on the same level.
    14- KD
    15- Curry
    16- Curry

Banned

his entire career? Doesnt have to necessarily be the best player per season, just a player that was better than him that season. this is what i got.

04-
    05-
    06-Wade
    07-
    08-kobe
    09-
    10-
    11-Rose, Dirk, Howard, Wade
    12-
    13-
    14-KD
    15-Curry
    16-Curry

Quote Originally Posted by stalkerforlife
    Pretending to be a Heat fan to seem objective regarding Bran.

Not a good look.
    Why would I care what complete and utter morons on this board, who I'll never meet IRL (thank god!) think about me?

NBA lottery pick

updated list.

04-Melo, Garnett
    05-Duncan, Wade
    06-Wade, Kobe
    07-Kobe
    08-Kobe
    09-Lebron?
    10-
    11-Rose, Dirk, Howard, Wade
    12-Lebron?
    13-Lebron*
    14-KD
    15-Curry
    16-Curry
    This makes very little sense to me. We can start with 06. Lebron had better regular season box score stats than Kobe and went further in the playoffs. If you value the playoffs more, then yes Wade gets it there. If you're not a huge playoffs matter more guy, Lebron likely wins.

07 I have again zero idea what you're going on to rank Kobe over Lebron. Lebron made the finals and had better stats. He was a monster in the playoffs and beat some pretty good competition in doing so. Now if you want you could possibly rank Duncan over Lebron that year, Duncan had a sneaky great season and better playoffs. Still that was an all time great run by Lebron.

If we're going by regular season stats 08 there is a case for Chris Paul over Lebron. And paul's playoff stats are absurdly great two all be it in two rounds. But again if you have Kobe here it's because of the title, not his regular season alone (unless you buy into his MVP wasn't a life time achievement award), and thus you can't tell me Kobe was better than Duncan or Lebron in 07.

09 Lebron was insane, maybe the best playoff run ever by a guy who didn't make the finals. Regular season only maybe you make another case for Chris Paul.

10 I don't really think of anyone being a signature player that year. Wade was great but not enough. Laker's were deep and balanced. Same with the celtics. Unless I'm missing someone?

11 This was a strong year. Dirk was great. Howard was a defensive monster. But Lebron was still the best regular season guy and had that crap finals. I'm fine with Dirk here. Howard...I saw all the hype but I must admit I never bought into it.

From just a raw box score stats perspective and regular season only lebron was unquestionably the best from 09-13 and 08 he only missed on ws/48, but still lead the league in WS, VORP, and PER (and likely a lot of other methods for calculating the stats). He still makes a strong case as best stats guy in 06 and 07 (all be it his stats did dip in 07 regular season, but again he made the finals). The only guys who have stat dominance like this was Karee, Wilt, and Jordan. There's nobody else in that conversation.

he was the best flopper for 10 straight years. thats about it

A case can be made for him from 2008 till now but the players I would take over him are

2009 Wade
    2014 Durant
    2015 Curry

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Prime_Shaq
    A case can be made for him from 2008 till now but the players I would take over him are

2009 Wade
    2014 Durant
    2015 Curry

Curry wasn't better than LeBron last year

LeBron was the best player in

2008 (kobe and bron are 1a, 1b imo)
    2009 (bron and wade are 1a, 1b imo)
    2011 (howard and dirk has a case)
    2015 (westbrook and curry has a case)

Durant was the best in 2014 imo
    2016 is Currys no doubt

He's been playing at an all time great level since 06, 10 years of dominance is amazing. I dont think he's gonna slow down anytime soon too

College superstar

No, but you can certainly argue Kobe never was.

Quote Originally Posted by raprap
    LeBron was the best player in

2008 (kobe and bron are 1a, 1b imo)
    2009 (bron and wade are 1a, 1b imo)
    2011 (howard and dirk has a case)
    2015 (westbrook and curry has a case)

Durant was the best in 2014 imo
    2016 is Currys no doubt

He's been playing at an all time great level since 06, 10 years of dominance is amazing. I dont think he's gonna slow down anytime soon too
    2011 he was definitely not the best player in the league. He had an underwhelming regular season and a very disappointing playoff run (Wade had better way better Finals and arguably better numbers for the whole Playoff run)

2015 There's no way he had a better overall year than Curry. His jump shooting was TERRIBLE in the Playoffs, which would not be a big deal if about half of his scoring output didn't come from terrible shot selection from mid-range.

Quote Originally Posted by ImKobe
    2011 he was definitely not the best player in the league. He had an underwhelming regular season and a very disappointing playoff run (Wade had better way better Finals and arguably better numbers for the whole Playoff run)

2015 There's no way he had a better overall year than Curry. His jump shooting was TERRIBLE in the Playoffs, which would not be a big deal if about half of his scoring output didn't come from terrible shot selection from mid-range.

Except the Finals, dude was balling in '11 and was really good defensively as well.

RS - 27/8/7/2/1 on 59% TS
    1st Round - 24/11/6/1/1 on 59% TS
    ECSF - 28/8/4/2/2 on 55% TS
    ECF - 26/8/7/2/2 on 58% TS

'15 is a pointless and endless argument.

Quote Originally Posted by ImKobe

I felt he's 2011 run was really over shadowed by his terrible Finals performance. To each there own I guess.

Looking back at last year, he had a terrible start and really picked it up late in the year and in the playoffs. I got to give him props for carrying the cavs deep in the playoffs and winning two games in the finals. You may have a case here because he's J really sucked last year. Still a great year nonetheless.