Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Decent college freshman MellowYellow's Avatar

Default Re: Best sg in the league

Quote Originally Posted by miggyme1
    yea klay is definitely in the discussion I just think if his jumper is off hes done whereas derozan will put the ball on the floor.....with his improved handles he can get by anybody now and he can spike the ball off your head or your center's head when he goes to the rim effortlessly
    Klay has gotten a lot better at handling the ball, plus he's always in constant motion cutting and getting open providing easy assists for his teammates.

WayOfWade
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

This makes me think, has Harden gotten worse this year? Because last year he was considered by many the MVP, what changed? I didn't get to watch him last year, so just going off of my assumption it's that his team now sucks and therefore people think less of him as a player now compared to then in spite of the fact that he is either just as good or better. Would this be correct?

Back to Business

Quote Originally Posted by WayOfWade
    This makes me think, has Harden gotten worse this year? Because last year he was considered by many the MVP, what changed? I didn't get to watch him last year, so just going off of my assumption it's that his team now sucks and therefore people think less of him as a player now compared to then in spite of the fact that he is either just as good or better. Would this be correct?
    we have seen players in the past have a great season and then the next season show their "TRUE COLORS" I think that's what we are seeing with james harden this year. I think last season will be his greatest season ever when he hangs up the sneakers. Great players make teams better...he doesn't. Rockets weren't suppose to make it to the wcf last year...clippers had them dead in the water...a lot of people gave harden credit for that series defining triumph but it had more to do with the clippers imploding than the rockets winning.

they are a first round exit at best his season with virtually the same roster. why is that?? I like rewarding players who came into the league being underhyped or overhyped to the point where everyone hopes they bust and end up making a name for themselves.

I think derozan fits that narrative perfectly....came into the league so raw he could easily be a d league journeyman right now...EASILY. No jumper,no handles,low IQ, his only gift was he could run up and down the court and jump like a deer.

To watch him his rookie to now its mind blowing.....I understand jimmy butler had a similar path but jimmy butler came into the league equipped to guard most pg-sf in the league as a rookie and we saw that in his limited play his first two seasons. The same with kawhi and paul George. We have seen players make great careers off just defending other great players so THAT could have been their calling card throughout their whole career but I do give them props for becoming household names.

But with derozan he truly has come a long way from usc

Harden, Wade, Klay, and Butler are all better than him, so no.

more like 5th best.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Dresta
    Harden, Wade, Klay, and Butler are all better than him, so no.

more like 5th best.

Oh Dresta, you f****** lunatic

Klay Thompson is better than Harden. I don't care that Thompson isn't that great of a ball handler. His defense and shooting more than makes up for that fault.

WayOfWade

Quote Originally Posted by miggyme1
    we have seen players in the past have a great season and then the next season show their "TRUE COLORS" I think that's what we are seeing with james harden this year. I think last season will be his greatest season ever when he hangs up the sneakers. Great players make teams better...he doesn't. Rockets weren't suppose to make it to the wcf last year...clippers had them dead in the water...a lot of people gave harden credit for that series defining triumph but it had more to do with the clippers imploding than the rockets winning.

they are a first round exit at best his season with virtually the same roster. why is that?? I like rewarding players who came into the league being underhyped or overhyped to the point where everyone hopes they bust and end up making a name for themselves.

I think derozan fits that narrative perfectly....came into the league so raw he could easily be a d league journeyman right now...EASILY. No jumper,no handles,low IQ, his only gift was he could run up and down the court and jump like a deer.

To watch him his rookie to now its mind blowing.....I understand jimmy butler had a similar path but jimmy butler came into the league equipped to guard most pg-sf in the league as a rookie and we saw that in his limited play his first two seasons. The same with kawhi and paul George. We have seen players make great careers off just defending other great players so THAT could have been their calling card throughout their whole career but I do give them props for becoming household names.

But with derozan he truly has come a long way from usc
    Interesting, but it does seem like the most likely answer because Dwight isn't even hurt this year and Harden is putting up (arguably) better numbers this year, yet the team is barely playing above .500 ball. Still though, in spite of this Harden is going to be getting the Max even after his current contract is up, sucks but in a league where Tristan Thompson can get near $90 mil, there's nothing you can do about it

Quote Originally Posted by StephHamann
    Dwayne Wade if healthy
    The story of that roided **** career

I'd probably rank DeRozan 4th overall, after Harden, Klay, and Butler.

Quote Originally Posted by bdreason
    I'd probably rank DeRozan 4th overall, after Harden, Klay, and Butler.
    Why are people sleeping on Wade? Is it because of the reduced minutes? His per-minute production is second only to Harden and he has the 3rd best PER. His defense has been solid, his turnovers are down, and most importantly he's been one of the most clutch players in the league. Wade's clutch play in 4th quarters and down the stretch of games is a big reason the Heat are currently a top 4 team in the east. He's easily been the most clutch SG and the numbers back it up. He may not be the best SG anymore, but he's certainly in the discussion.

WayOfWade

Quote Originally Posted by GrapeApe
    Why are people sleeping on Wade? Is it because of the reduced minutes? His per-minute production is second only to Harden and he has the 3rd best PER. His defense has been solid, his turnovers are down, and most importantly he's been one of the most clutch players in the league. Wade's clutch play in 4th quarters and down the stretch of games is a big reason the Heat are currently a top 4 team in the east. He's easily been the most clutch SG and the numbers back it up. He may not be the best SG anymore, but he's certainly in the discussion.
    I think it probably has to do with consistency, while he does have many great performances, unfortunately we've been treated (if that's the right word) to 4-point and 6-point stinkers multiple times this season. He certainly is in the discussion though, if you're going up against any of the aforementioned SG's and you have Wade on your side, you have to like your chances

Decent college freshman Mass Debator's Avatar

Wade is #5 in the regular season but my #1 pick in the playoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by Mass Debator
    Wade is #5 in the regular season but my #1 pick in the playoffs.
    lmao did you watch the last 3 playoffs?

Quote Originally Posted by WayOfWade
    Harden isn't known as a hard worker. He showed up this season out of shape, and doesn't practice in the offseason. He started off very slow, but has gotten a lot better recently.

Quote Originally Posted by JebronLames
    lmao did you watch the last 3 playoffs?
    Wade was great in the 2012 playoffs.

For all the crap he gets about 2013 and 2014, he had the 2nd highest playoff PER among SG's. People act like he was this god awful player when in fact he had a 19 PER for those playoff runs, which is at solid 2nd option / borderline all-star level. Yes he was bad in the 2014 finals and he struggled with injuries in 2013, but his playoff woes those years are highly exaggerated.

Another to add for this year, he was just named EC player of the week, and over the last 12 games he's averaging 20/6/5 on 50%, 1.2 spg, 1.0 bpg.
    Last edited by GrapeApe; 02-01-2016 at 06:11 PM.