Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Default Re: Why Wilt Chamberlain would dominate in today's game ! Bruce Blitz

I think he'd be like David Robinson, a bit stronger
    Indeed I can't imagine Stockton taking Wilt down.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mcGk-TjlHwc#t=37s

Below we can see little Johnny Egan's flinch in reaction to Wilt's frustration with the foul.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GE-eFAnHP6Y#t=4m

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by PHILA
    Indeed I can't imagine Stockton taking Wilt down.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mcGk-TjlHwc#t=37s

Below we can see little Johnny Egan's flinch in reaction to Wilt's frustration with the foul.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GE-eFAnHP6Y#t=4m
    David Robinson was way too nice for his own good. Even nicer than Wilt and he rarely was aggressive.

Still, Wilt would be like David Robinson but with more finesse, stronger, less athletic, more aggressive and better overall.

And yes, Wilt would be a dominant force these days. His game would translate well in any era.

Amazingly, Wilt was NOT 327 lbs during the filming of that movie, but was at only 255 lbs.

I won't take the time to look up that source, but I am reasonably certain that it was around 255.
    I definitely don't believe he was only 255 during the movie - and that he had ever been that low after his rookie season. I've watched him act there and he appears about as big as he was with the Lakers. If Arnold was 235, there's no way Wilt was only 20 lbs heavier.

BTW, I find the "Wilt has never appeared as heavy as he is" phrase to be a bit unclear. It may mean that he was seemingly at an all-time high or that his weight was misleading, although the tense used leads more to the first explanation.

I brick nerf balls La Frescobaldi's Avatar

is there a way to block a user? I'm real new on this board but i already don't care for anything from deuce bigelow

Quote Originally Posted by La Frescobaldi
    is there a way to block a user? I'm real new on this board but i already don't care for anything from deuce bigelow
    Go to your the Top your screen, then press "User CP".

You will be in your "Control Panel". Go down to "Miscellaneous". They will be a "Buddy/Ignore" List. Then, you can type which ever user you wish on the "Ignore" List and you won't their posts anymore.

Or to make it more simple. Click on the user name. Then there will be an option to "Add _____ to your ignore list" option. There will be a confirmation to ask to "Add _____ to your ignore list" and you click the button submit.

Cuba

Quote Originally Posted by jlauber
    Amazingly, Wilt was NOT 327 lbs during the filming of that movie, but was at only 255 lbs.

I won't take the time to look up that source, but I am reasonably certain that it was around 255.

No, he was 327lbs for the movie, there's a source claiming to have measured and weighed him right there in print. Yet, you're saying he was only 255lbs even though it's obvious to the naked eye that he was bigger for that movie than he was during his playing days.

You exaggerate and spread so much misinformation about Wilt it's crazy, at no point was he "over 300lbs" during his playing career. You have no source, to even back up the ridiculous claim that he was 255lbs for the movie either.

NBA rookie of the year

Quote Originally Posted by abuC

No, he was 327lbs for the movie, there's a source claiming to have measured and weighed him right there in print. Yet, you're saying he was only 255lbs even though it's obvious to the naked eye that he was bigger for that movie than he was during his playing days.

You exaggerate and spread so much misinformation about Wilt it's crazy, at no point was he "over 300lbs" during his playing career. You have no source, to even back up the ridiculous claim that he was 255lbs for the movie either.
    This is what Jlauber has been up to, spreading misinformation like crazy and whenever he can't prove his nonsense he goes, "MY GOD, why can't you prove me wrong then?"....

its pretty obvious wilt would dominate this era.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce Bigalow

JK
    did alpha really draw that?

Quote Originally Posted by Disaprine
    its pretty obvious wilt would dominate this era.

did alpha really draw that?
    yeah

3-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by abuC

First of all, I could not care less what Wilt weighed in that movie, which took place long after he retired.

I only brought that relatively insignificant point because I remember reading somewhere, that Chamberlain was down to 255 for that film. And you are right, I can't find that source...at least right now. Nor will I waste my time finding it either. If that article claims that Wilt weighted 327 lbs, ... great. In any case, it has absolutely no bearing on anything that Chamberlain accomplished in his career.

NOW, as for "no source" claiming that Wilt was over 300 lbs in his playing days...

PHILA posted this...

and bear in mind that this was in the mid-60's, long before Chamberlain bulked up to OVER 300 lbs later in his career...

http://insidehoops.com/forum/showthr...=229933&page=3

Hannum is here, preparing his Warriors, including Wilt, for the 63-64 campaign, following last year's disastous start in San Francisco. He has Chamberlain working like a rookie. Wilt, driving a black-long Bentley ($20,000), in keeping with his $62,000 per year salary, reported into camp weighing 315 lbs.
    Then there was this...

http://www.tumblr.com/tagged/50_grea...in_nba_history

The 7 foot 1 inch Chamberlain weighed 250 pounds as a rookie before bulking up to 275 pounds and eventually over 300 pounds and eventually over 300 pounds with the Lakers

http://books.google.com/books?id=I0r...page&q&f=false

In fact, nobody was "larger" than Wilt in so many ways. He stood 7-1 tall, and at times in his career, his weight exceeded 300 lbs.
    And I found this article particularly interesting, involving a Chamberlain, at age 61, and shortly before he died...

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201...ain/index.html

And the striking thing to me was a small thing. It happened when Chamberlain shook hands with the Kansas players. One of those players was senior center Eric Chenowith. Now, Chenowith was listed at 7-foot-1, the same height as Chamberlain in his playing days. Chenowith probably weighed about 270 pounds, about the same weight as Chamberlain in his playing days. Chenowith was wearing his uniform, his basketball shoes and he was young. Chamberlain wore that red and gold jacket, black pants, a baseball cap and he was 61.

And, as they shook hands it was clear: Chamberlain was a much, much, much larger man.
    I could go on and on...there was no question that Chamberlain played at over 300 lbs at times in his career.

So, please, don't preach to me about what YOU know about Chamberlain. Perhaps you have more knowledge regarding Wilt than myself, but if you do, you certainly haven't shown it on this forum.

This is what Jlauber has been up to, spreading misinformation like crazy and whenever he can't prove his nonsense he goes, "MY GOD, why can't you prove me wrong then?"....
    I find this quote truly laughable. I continually shred virtually every argument you bring into these Wilt "discussions" to shreds. Hell, in this topic alone I caught you in yet another lie regarding Joey Johnson.

And you consider yourself some kind of "expert" on Hakeem's career, and yet you claimed that he did NOT guard an OLD Kareem in the '85 and '86 seasons, when Kareem was routinely carpet-bombing him with 40+ point games. But, after I caught you in yet another lie, we now know that you NEVER watched any of those games.

But, you can take a small victory in my posting that Wilt weighed 255 lbs in that movie if you like. Again, I am not going to waste my time finding my source, because I simply don't care if he weighed 327 or 255 lbs. We do know that the man was MASSIVE in his NBA career, and long afterwards. And many sources claim he was the strongest man to have ever played the game. And even Howard Cosell claimed that he may have been among the strongest athletes in the WORLD in his pre-fight interview with him and Ali in the late 60's.

And you are among the tiny handful of posters here who goes out of his way in a feeble attempt to disparage Wilt's career. And, as I have pointed out,...as more-and-more video footage comes out, the worse it will be for the "Wilt-bashers" like yourself.

You were among those that claimed that Wilt did not block 15 of Kareem's sky hooks in the '72 WCF's. I provided links that proved he blocked 15 of Kareem's shots in just THREE of the six games (and another link which added another six more blocks in another game earlier in their career H2H's.) Then, I provided a YouTube link in which he swatted TWO of them in a matter of SECONDS. Yet, you couldn't provide anything to the contrary.

You challenged my take that Wilt had a good outside game early in his career. I not only provided a link in which a HOF coach confirmed it, I also provided YouTube VIDEO footage in which he was hitting SEVERAL shots, in ONE game alone, from 12-15+ feet (and a JUMP SHOT from about 16 ft.)

You were among those that claimed that Wilt's vertical was over-rated. Then, in the last few weeks, we now have TWO VIDEOS, one in which a 34 year old Wilt, at 300+ lbs (yes abuC), and on a surgically repaired knee, goes straight up, and his fingertips are above the square. And, in the second video, Wilt again, goes straight up, and his fingertips are near the top of the BACKBOARD. Again, without benefit of a running start. Hell, Joey Johnson, with a DOCUMENTED 52" vertical, (and KNOWN to have his CHIN above the rim..,.which YOU challenged and as always, failed), could barely reach 11' 6" with a straight up vertical.

You were among those idiotic posters who challenged the WELL-KNOWN fact that Wilt could dunk the ball with a leap starting just inside the top of the FT circle. Well, we now have the FIRST-HAND account from none other than Tex Winter, who claims that Wilt DID accomplish that feat (which led to the BANNING of dunking FTs.)

You challenged my take that Wilt faced TALL players in his career. I posted a list with MANY 6-11+ players, most all of whom would be 7-0+ with TODAY's measurements.

The list goes on-and-on. BTW, I never personally claimed that Wilt was a "world-class" volleyball player, BUT, I did provide SOURCES which claimed he was. Here again, whether he was, or not, he IS in the Volleyall HOF. And even if he wasn't a "world-class" volleyballer, why would you really care?

YOU also challenged the post in which Wilt broke Johnny Kerr's toe with a dunk. Did it really happen? I don't know...you will have to take it up with Kerr, who made that claim HIMSELF (and it NEVER came from Wilt BTW.)

You made the RIDICULOUS comment that Wilt did not face the double-teams that Shaq and Hakeem (BTW, Hakeem???) did. I provided MULTIPLE sources, including TWO Boston players alone, which claimed that they USED a TEAM concept in an attempt to curtail Wilt's domination. There is even an interview with BOTH Wilt and Russell, in which Chamberlain made the comment that it was seldom just Russell guarding him, but that Russell had help. And Russell was sitting right next to him when he made that comment...and yet, he didn't challenge it. And MULTIPLE sources which claimed that Chamberlain was not only SWARMED, but BRUTALIZED in his career. And yes, even in the LIMITED footage that we have, I have SHOWN that Wilt was indeed doubled, tripled, and even swarmed repeatedly. Once again, MULTIPLE FIRST-HAND accounts that Wilt was constantly doubled throughout his career.

And you have even claimed that Wilt would be no better than Andrew Bynum, forcryingoutloud. MY GOD...Bynum as good as Wilt??? Chamberlain was taller, bigger, longer, stronger, faster, way more athletic, and FAR more skilled. A 40+ year old Wilt would have dominated that clod.

But, here again, why would you even bother? We have MANY EYE-WITNESS accounts of Wilt's staggering physical feats, and yet, we have virtually NO LEGITIMATE sources which have DISPUTED them. How come? Do you honestly believe you know more than those that actually SAW them?
    Last edited by jlauber; 12-06-2011 at 04:29 AM.

Gawd damn why do I always get caught in jlauber's first few sentences then as I scroll down I realize I'm reading a gawd damn book. I won't fall for that again jlauber you sneaky basterd!

NBA rookie of the year

And you consider yourself some kind of "expert" on Hakeem's career, and yet you claimed that he did NOT guard an OLD Kareem in the '85 and '86 seasons, when Kareem was routinely carpet-bombing him with 40+ point games. But, after I caught you in yet another lie, we now know that you NEVER watched any of those games.
    I'm not an expert when it comes to Hakeem's career, I have a life unlike you and your lonely ass. And I couldn't care less about rookie Akeem and we all know Olajuwon took a dump on Kareem and the Lakers in the playoffs of '86..

You were among those that claimed that Wilt did not block 15 of Kareem's sky hooks in the '72 WCF's. I provided links that proved he blocked 15 of Kareem's shots in just THREE of the six games (and another link which added another six more blocks in another game earlier in their career H2H's.) Then, I provided a YouTube link in which he swatted TWO of them in a matter of SECONDS. Yet, you couldn't provide anything to the contrary.
    He didn't, you didn't prove shit. Not even your own source could confirm your nonsense so you got owned by your own source, you clown. Your assumptions ain't equal to the truth, you old fart.

You challenged my take that Wilt had a good outside game early in his career. I not only provided a link in which a HOF coach confirmed it, I also provided YouTube VIDEO footage in which he was hitting SEVERAL shots, in ONE game alone, from 12-15+ feet (and a JUMP SHOT from about 16 ft.)
    He didn't, and quotes doesn't mean shit which we've seen thousand times on this forum. And the footage of Wilt shooting are in highlights, Chris Mihm looks even better than Wilt in highlight videos when it comes to shooting, doesn't mean he was a good shooter, you clown.

You were among those that claimed that Wilt's vertical was over-rated. Then, in the last few weeks, we now have TWO VIDEOS, one in which a 34 year old Wilt, at 300+ lbs (yes abuC), and on a surgically repaired knee, goes straight up, and his fingertips are above the square. And, in the second video, Wilt again, goes straight up, and his fingertips are near the top of the BACKBOARD. Again, without benefit of a running start. Hell, Joey Johnson, with a DOCUMENTED 52" vertical, (and KNOWN to have his CHIN above the rim..,.which YOU challenged and as always, failed), could barely reach 11' 6" with a straight up vertical.
    Still overrated, Wilt himself claimed he had a 50 inch vertical, haha.. And that video is horrible, the angle is pure fail if you want to make a point regarding how high he could jump. And I couldn't care less about Joey Johnson, and I don't trust quotes by bar owners anyway.

You were among those idiotic posters who challenged the WELL-KNOWN fact that Wilt could dunk the ball with a leap starting just inside the top of the FT circle. Well, we now have the FIRST-HAND account from none other than Tex Winter, who claims that Wilt DID accomplish that feat (which led to the BANNING of dunking FTs.)
    He couldn't, I couldn't care less about quotes, that's not physically possible. Just because someone claims he did it doesn't mean it's the truth, you idiot. Just like Wilt claiming that he would score 70 ppg in the 90's or that he slept with 20 000 women or that the he had a 50 inch vertical..

You challenged my take that Wilt faced TALL players in his career. I posted a list with MANY 6-11+ players, most all of whom would be 7-0+ with TODAY's measurements.
    You were so lame, you even posted a bunch of guys he never even faced a la ABA players and players who never even were in the league at the same time as Wilt. Who does that really? So retarded..

The list goes on-and-on. BTW, I never personally claimed that Wilt was a "world-class" volleyball player, BUT, I did provide SOURCES which claimed he was. Here again, whether he was, or not, he IS in the Volleyall HOF. And even if he wasn't a "world-class" volleyballer, why would you really care?
    If I recall correctly he is in the volleyball HOF as a contributor, not a player. And it's not the worldwide HOF, it's the weak american. And even if he would be in the HOF as a player it still would be a joke since the guy only played on a mixed women and male team for one year..

YOU also challenged the post in which Wilt broke Johnny Kerr's toe with a dunk. Did it really happen? I don't know...you will have to take it up with Kerr, who made that claim HIMSELF (and it NEVER came from Wilt BTW.)
    Yeah, I still do. It's the biggest load of crap I've ever read. If you'd know physics you'd also know that bones don't get crushed by a basketball landing on it, you clown. And Wilt couldn't even tear a rim down like Gus Johnson did..

You made the RIDICULOUS comment that Wilt did not face the double-teams that Shaq and Hakeem (BTW, Hakeem???) did. I provided MULTIPLE sources, including TWO Boston players alone, which claimed that they USED a TEAM concept in an attempt to curtail Wilt's domination. There is even an interview with BOTH Wilt and Russell, in which Chamberlain made the comment that it was seldom just Russell guarding him, but that Russell had help. And Russell was sitting right next to him when he made that comment...and yet, he didn't challenge it. And MULTIPLE sources which claimed that Chamberlain was not only SWARMED, but BRUTALIZED in his career. And yes, even in the LIMITED footage that we have, I have SHOWN that Wilt was indeed doubled, tripled, and even swarmed repeatedly. Once again, MULTIPLE FIRST-HAND accounts that Wilt was constantly doubled throughout his career.
    He faced way less double-teams than Shaq and Hakeem, you clown. And defensive schemes were a joke back then.

But, here again, why would you even bother? We have MANY EYE-WITNESS accounts of Wilt's staggering physical feats, and yet, we have virtually NO LEGITIMATE sources which have DISPUTED them. How come? Do you honestly believe you know more than those that actually SAW them?
    Because many of them are a load of crap..
    And it doesn't help that you exaggerate and misnform people constantly a la the list you tried to put up of bigs Wilt faced, you even mentioned players who never played in the NBA and players who wasn't in the league at the same time as Wilt and players who only played in the ABA.

How can a self-proclaimed Wilt historian do something as lame as that?

50" vertical
    beat up a mountain lion
    20,000 women
    can lift 1,000 pounds
    dunked from the freethrow line when awarded freethrows

50" vertical
    beat up a mountain lion
    20,000 women
    can lift 1,000 pounds
    ^
    Are you getting wet?

50" vertical
    beat up a mountain lion
    20,000 women
    can lift 1,000 pounds

They say love is blind, jlauber.