Banned

Default Can my PSN get banned for downloading a game from the US PSN Store?

NBA 2K15 is coming out on Tuesday in the US and Friday over here. I usually prefer buying the physical copy as it's nice to have it as a part of your collection and I'd usually wait, but if I make a new American account and buy it digitally from the US PSN Store, I get it 3 days earlier, it's around €10 cheaper once you convert $ to €, and my brother's birthday is on Friday, so I'd rather not get a new game for myself on his birthday.

Can my main Irish PSN get banned for this? Will it being NTSC rather than PAL living in Europe affect me for DLC or any add-ons? Would appreciate some answers

Default Re: Can my PSN get banned for downloading a game from the US PSN Store?

No.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Heavincent
    No.
    So there's no disadvantages or hassles?

HomieWeMajor
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

You will be committing fraud b doing this. Do not be surprised to have a visit from the Old Bill if you do this.

Although it is technically against the EULA I've never heard anyone get banned for this. It's a fairly common exploit people use. Doesn't sound very consumer friendly to ban someone for buying your products.

The hassle is this:

1. Your credit card has to match your store region. So you need access to a US credit card or you need someone to buy PSN cards for you. You can use the US Amazon site. There are other online stores that will sell you PSN codes across regions, but they ask extra money for that service.

2. You have to buy/redeem all DLC with the account that owns the game.

Also in regards to what LJJ said, Sony actually advises you to create another account in a different region, particularly if you want to play JRPGs in another region outside of Japan's.