Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Future NBA G.O.A.T inclinerator's Avatar

Default Re: Prime A.I. vs GOATbrook

neither can stop each other whoever decides to settle for jumpers first

Top 1 Bball Mind.

Allen Iverson

I honestly think this would be a match-up I'd love to see more than any other in history.

Ya'll are going full retard. AI is one of the best players of ALL TIME, don't get it twisted. Top 5 shooting guard of ALL TIME. While being smaller than a point guard. 2nd highest playoff scoring average ever. EVER. Fastest player EVER. Best handles EVER. #1 pick of the LEGENDARY 1996 draft(2nd best draft of all time). Could have been an NFL quarterback. League MVP. 2 time All-star game MVP. Dropped 48 on Shaq and Kobe's Lakers in the Finals who were UNDEFEATED in the playoffs. 4 scoring titles. Rookie of the year. Led the league in steals 3 times. Most fearless player of ALL TIME. Changed the culture of the game like FEW have in the HISTORY of the league.

3-time NBA All-Star

A player who hasnt won more than 1 50+ wins or a player who made his team from no. 1 in the league to almost the 3rd seed in the west. Ill choose none unless the question is whos the worse among the 2.

I feel like Westbrook would play good defense because I saw plenty of games where I saw prime AI hounded by Kobe and Spree back in the day. Not saying they stopped him, but he had some horrid games against them.

Westbrook's had some bad games with Kobe covering him as well though.

I see AI getting babied by beastbrook in the post more than I see AI having his way with Russ. That being said, still prime AI because we haven't seen prime Westbrook yet.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by imdaman99
    I see AI getting babied by beastbrook in the post more than I see AI having his way with Russ. That being said, still prime AI because we haven't seen prime Westbrook yet.
    Great athleticism, heart, and will, but Westbrook needs to refine his basketball fundamentals. Also learn how to play on different gears instead of being stuck on 5th gear.

Local High School Star Magic731's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lefthook00
    Ya'll are going full retard. AI is one of the best players of ALL TIME, don't get it twisted. Top 5 shooting guard of ALL TIME. While being smaller than a point guard. 2nd highest playoff scoring average ever. EVER. Fastest player EVER. Best handles EVER. #1 pick of the LEGENDARY 1996 draft(2nd best draft of all time). Could have been an NFL quarterback. League MVP. 2 time All-star game MVP. Dropped 48 on Shaq and Kobe's Lakers in the Finals who were UNDEFEATED in the playoffs. 4 scoring titles. Rookie of the year. Led the league in steals 3 times. Most fearless player of ALL TIME. Changed the culture of the game like FEW have in the HISTORY of the league.
    And Westbrook is probably the most athletic point guard of all time. As I said they wouldn't be able to stop each other.

Quote Originally Posted by Magic731
    And Westbrook is probably the most athletic point guard of all time. As I said they wouldn't be able to stop each other.

Yeah, but Westbrook wouldn't able to stop AI more than AI wouldn't be able to stop westbrook.

5-time NBA All-Star

Westbrook is a good defender but he isn't going to phase AI. He isn't like Kobe was in the AI days. And AI had days where he killed Kobe. Kyrie torches Westbrook and he plays no defense! AI just keeps coming at you. Unlike any other player playing the game now, save a healthy Rose.

The Biggest difference is AI's handle and ability to get where he wants not once but twice in the same play. AI with a superior scorer on his team would be just insane. Its hard judging a guy who commands the whole defense and still attacks every play versus a guy who is the second man in offensive sets.

High School Starter

A.i, westbrook would get more boards but Iverson is the the better offensive player, both are capable of triple dbls with turnovers on any given day

NBA All-star

I think that A.I. is used to the frustration of being guarded by someone and drive away from the basket to then either draw for contact, or regain composure to settle for another shot close to the basket.

I don't know if GOATbrook is used to that frustration yet.

Very good NBA starter

Westbrook cant even Kyrie (a poor mans A.I on offense)

One of the Goodfellas NBAplayoffs2001's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sportjames23
    Well?
    Give A.I. goatbrook's athleticism and size and I would be very fearful if I was a GM facing him in the playoffs with those handles of his and his ability to drop a crapload of points ala 2001 playoffs.