Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Default Re: [BREAKING]Chris Paul : A boycott is a real possibility

Quote Originally Posted by qrich
    So after Chris Paul WILLINGLY signed an extension being fully aware of Tokowitz 1930 mindset AND allegedly demanded a black coach or else he would sign elsewhere, he is complaining?

Dude has talent on the court. But is bitch made off the court.
    He's also fat.

NBA sixth man of the year NugzFan's Avatar

100% chance this doesnt happen. its all talk trying to make themselves look good to the public.

Not airballing my layups anymore Baby Arm Johnso's Avatar

Y'all are crazy!! This is America and not some fascist state. Sterling can say anything he wants under the constitution. I bet CP3 has said racist stuff against white people when nobody is around.

I know, lets try to legislate morality . . . whose ideals of what is right and what is wrong should we use

NBA All-star

Quote Originally Posted by mattvNJ
    duly noted lol... youll see when hes the owner do to legal actions and maybe they skip a game or do absolutely like i said.

lets see these guys stop cashing these checks. Not gonna happen, they're paid millions to play a game not be activists(albeit i do believe all things sterling has done it wrong but hey, everyone has prejudices.)
    I think we have to also consider how the players feel when they are surrounded by the Clippers staff and etc.

If it really becomes miserable enough, I wouldn't nessecarily say they are trying to be activist, but their ability to even cashing in those checks is at question here.

Are the Clippers players potentially the victim here as well?

If everyone treats it as if some old man shouting and not knowing what he is talking about anymore. Then we may as well say the society has ruled him to be mentally ill, since his employees are directly violating his orders.

cp3 is an attention and money addicted loser. he wont boycott if he would lose money. simple as that

paul is a bitch !

Quote Originally Posted by Foster5k
    Glad for him. Throughout history people have stood up against hatred and bigotry. People will call him names and say whatever they want. Fact is, the guy is standing up for his rights as a human being. The right not to want to play for a racist, bigoted owner who views you as nothing more than a slave.

Sterling should have been out of the league. We can look at the past and say, "Well, they should have known this or that." Doesn't matter. What matters is, now, they are taking a stand and will not tolerate Sterling any longer.

It's over for Sterling in the NBA and a message is sent to any other racist, bigot owner, etc. League will not tolerate it any longer.
    It has been a well known fact for about 30 years that Sterling is a bigoted racist. CP3 knew it in New Orleans and he knew it when he signed his fat extension in LA. For him to just now try to 'make a stand' is just an attempt to make himself look good. He isn't going to boycott a game and miss a paycheck, just like how in the playoffs how his 'boycott' was to turn his shirt inside out

This is all a marketing ploy.