Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: Nets fans, why the **** is Alan Anderson on your team?

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckOakley
    Not sure a selfish player would take the minimum to what originally looked like a 3rd string wing.
    Euroleague is on point. Anderson was selfish in his time with the Raptors. He can definitely give you a little of everything, but he will jack shots and will not pass. And when his shots aren't falling, it will hinder the rest of his game.

He should just focus on defense.

Quote Originally Posted by The JKidd Kid
    I should've emphasized off the bench. And Barnes, Crawford and Lin aren't role players by any means they're 6th men scorers that would be starting on many teams. By role players I mean your shooters, defenders, rebounders off the bench not your starting caliber players that just happen to be coming off the bench. And Anderson is much more versatile than every other player on that list.

Fair enough, like I said you know way more than I do about this. I just have an extremely strong dislike for low IQ ballhog players which Anderson came off as in the few games I saw. I don't like JJ but can't hate because he is clutch. I like Kobe because even though he can ballhog, if someone makes a nice cut Kobe will find them. Kobe's also good enough to be a ballhog, much like Carmelo. But when you're a role player who ballhogs...

I'll just put it this way: I'd take the Hinrich type on my team any day over the Anderson type.

Local High School Star The JKidd Kid's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by oarabbus

Fair enough, like I said you know way more than I do about this. I just have an extremely strong dislike for low IQ ballhog players which Anderson came off as in the few games I saw. I don't like JJ but can't hate because he is clutch. I like Kobe because even though he can ballhog, if someone makes a nice cut Kobe will find them. Kobe's also good enough to be a ballhog, much like Carmelo. But when you're a role player who ballhogs...

I'll just put it this way: I'd take the Hinrich type on my team any day over the Anderson type.
    I would've said the same thing last season, but watching Anderson this season really makes me question how he got the chucking label in the first place.

Damn, thinking about it... we have 2 Alan Anderson's.

Terrence Ross and John Salmons, with Ross having more upside. They can also set their teammates up better.

NBA rookie of the year It's A VC3!!!'s Avatar

You have to take the good and the bad with Alan. He does occasionally take a bad shot or two but his defense, enthusiasm and energy more than make up for that. He does seem to hit clutch shots for us a well, another bonus. I'd like for him to slash to the basket more often but the reason why we have went 8-1 is because every starting lineup needs a player that you don't need to run plays for but he will still get you 7 to 10 points per game. ( He's averaging 9 PPG with us).

Before the Brook injury we had five players that although sacrificed their egos, still wanted the ball in their hands. In our starting unit it's a known fact that Joe and Pierce are going to do most of the scoring and the other three players will chip in what they can, mostly off open shots.

I really like Anderson and hope that the Nets can re-sign him for one more season at the vet. min. At that price, he's worth keeping.

I would've said the same thing last season, but watching Anderson this season really makes me question how he got the chucking label in the first place.
    He doesn't chuck per se but he is not shy about shooting.
    I'm guessing he has a rather high FGA per 48.

IMO we could do better...but maybe not for the minimum.

By chucking which he is really not doing this season. Last season he shot basically every time he got the ball.

Quote Originally Posted by niko
    By chucking which he is really not doing this season. Last season he shot basically every time he got the ball.
    That's due to being on a bad Raptors team and he was trying to increase his stock. Now that he's on a good team he stays within the confines of his game and only shoots when presented with an open look. Occasionally he will still heave a bad shot but he shoots that bad shot with confidence, which is what I can appreciate. He's a player that every team needs. Almost like a Tony Allen 2.0 when he was on the Celtics championship run.

Quote Originally Posted by It's A VC3!!!
    That's due to being on a bad Raptors team and he was trying to increase his stock. Now that he's on a good team he stays within the confines of his game and only shoots when presented with an open look. Occasionally he will still heave a bad shot but he shoots that bad shot with confidence, which is what I can appreciate. He's a player that every team needs. Almost like a Tony Allen 2.0 when he was on the Celtics championship run.
    He's absolutely nothing like Tony Allen. He's been a solid role player but Tony Allen was a defensive beast who has enough of an offensive game and huge balls that he can play big minutes. That doesn't sound like Anderson even a tiny little bit.

He's absolutely nothing like Tony Allen. He's been a solid role player but Tony Allen was a defensive beast who has enough of an offensive game and huge balls that he can play big minutes. That doesn't sound like Anderson even a tiny little bit.
    He's not Tony Allen at all.
    This is homerism at its finest here.

Anderson is probably the weakest link in our rotation...as Terry should not be in it for long.

Anderson is probably the weakest link in our rotation...as Terry should not be in it for long.
    Anderson is not our weakest link. Because we don't run plays for him is why he's a great fit. He scores 10 PPG despite not running a single play for him. Other than AK and Deron, no other Net is a better fit than Anderson. Every team needs a glue guy and Anderson and Livingston do a great job of that.

Tony Allen had no offensive game. His offense was grabbing rebounds and putting it back in and hitting an occasional mid-range jumper.

Quote Originally Posted by It's A VC3!!!
    Anderson is not our weakest link. Because we don't run plays for him is why he's a great fit. He scores 10 PPG despite not running a single play for him. Other than AK and Deron, no other Net is a better fit than Anderson. Every team needs a glue guy and Anderson and Livingston do a great job of that.

Tony Allen had no offensive game. His offense was grabbing rebounds and putting it back in and hitting an occasional mid-range jumper.
    And yet you compare Anderson a player who is all offense with him. What are you talking about?

NJ Net Fan For Life. wang4three's Avatar

Wow.. why would anyone care so much about a minimum level player?
    He was signed as SF insurance.
    He plays good defense and hits respectable % from 3.

Not my favorite Net, but we've done a lot worse..Outlaw, Petro, S.Graham, ervery Euro we've ever signed besides Petrovic and Teletovic.
    (Illic, Shengelia, Paninic, etc)
    Oh yes.. Zoran Planinic, the Croatian Penny Hardaway.

I still maintain Terry died at some point and Pierce just carries him around the court, weekend at Bernies style.

And yet you compare Anderson a player who is all offense with him. What are you talking about?
    I meant his comparative 10 PPG and hounding defense. They score in different ways but both put up similar stats and are of a similar age and point in their careers.