Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Consensus Top 20-30 AT Roundball_Rock's Avatar

Default Re: Pau Gasol vs. Scottie Pippen - who is the better second fiddle?

Quote Originally Posted by T-bomb 25
    Actually Penny was he owned Pippen,and Amare cant be mentioned in the same breath as Dirk,KG,or Duncan and he's not better than Gasol, Boozer and deffinetlly not Bosh,you have Amare way to overrated.
    Duncan21formvp, you forgot when I showed you the Pippen vs. Penny game logs. Pippen almost had a quadruple double on Penny once! Penny's peak came in 1996, Pippen's came in 94' or 95'. It was 94' in terms of recognition. Pippen was still considered better than penny in 96', though. Penny's numbers plummeted without Shaq--Pippen thrived without Jordan.

Amare is a far superior scorer than Gasol/Boozer/Bosh and since none are great defenders that puts Amare above them.

Pippen's right testicle >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Pau Gaysol.

No seriously Gasol tosses salad and sucks ****. Have you seen that Juan Carlos /Pau sex tape. Faggits.

Rodman >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Gasol

so

Rodman/Longley >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Gasol

T-bomb and Hall of Fame are homosexuals.

7-time NBA All-Star

I usually go with the center or big man, but I have to pick Pippen. he was a triple double threat every single night, he was his team's point guard pretty much at 6'8" and he was a good enough scorer to be a first option and 22 ppg scorer on a damn good team. Not to mention he's arguably the best perimeter defender of all time.

This is not a hard choice.

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by Dengness9
    Pippen's right testicle >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Pau Gaysol.

No seriously Gasol tosses salad and sucks ****. Have you seen that Juan Carlos /Pau sex tape. Faggits.

Rodman >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Gasol

so

Rodman/Longley >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Gasol

T-bomb and Hall of Fame are homosexuals.
    I would ***** smack your punk ass.

Some of you really need to sign off and relax. Its just a question.

Some of you can disagree, and some of you can agree, and have a healthy debate.

Acting like a disrespectful little mouthy b*tch over a computer isnt cool.

Some of you really need to check your little funky attitudes at the door here. I realize some of you are YOUNG, but really, what is the problem here?

Relax.

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by Roundball_Rock
    Duncan21formvp, you forgot when I showed you the Pippen vs. Penny game logs. Pippen almost had a quadruple double on Penny once! Penny's peak came in 1996, Pippen's came in 94' or 95'. It was 94' in terms of recognition. Pippen was still considered better than penny in 96', though. Penny's numbers plummeted without Shaq--Pippen thrived without Jordan.

Amare is a far superior scorer than Gasol/Boozer/Bosh and since none are great defenders that puts Amare above them.
    With no postgame no way is he even a top PF,he's stats are just inflated because he plays for Phoenix,Penny abused Pippen in those days,your picking out 1 game against Penny.

I am your soldier!

Quote Originally Posted by hall of fame
    Hahahahahahahahaha at someone calling Horace Grant and Dennis Rodman "great" big men when they were nowhere near great.
    I said great bigs to play with Jordan dipsh*t.

In '91-'92 Horace Grant had 14.2 ppg, 10 rpg, 2.7 ast, 1.2 bpg, and 1.6 stls per game. He shot 57.8% from the field and 74.1% FT in 81 games on only took 9.8 shots per game.

He really was better than people give him credit for. Plus Jordan/Pippen were obviously the #1 and #2.

3-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by hall of fame
    Pau Gasol vs. Scottie Pippen

Who is better and more dominant out of these two second fiddles?

Which one would lead a team to more wins as the "main man" assuming both had equally talented rosters?

Pau is very good and has shown he is a top player in the current league... Easily the best second best player on any team in the league... Pau has a chance to be on that Pippen level...

I would say Pippen is the better second fiddle.. He won 6 titles.. Pau has won 1...

Pip without question. Productive on both ends, and has proven to be a semi decent first option too

With no postgame no way is he even a top PF,he's stats are just inflated because he plays for Phoenix,Penny abused Pippen in those days,your picking out 1 game against Penny.
    The exact phrasing used by Duncan21formvp. Again, reread the game logs.

What exactly is Gasol's case for being a top 5 PF? How are we comparing someone who is arguably not even a top 5 player at his position to someone who was a top 5 player in the NBA for several seasons?

In '91-'92 Horace Grant had 14.2 ppg, 10 rpg, 2.7 ast, 1.2 bpg, and 1.6 stls per game. He shot 57.8% from the field and 74.1% FT in 81 games on only took 9.8 shots per game.
    That is "great"?

Pau is very good and has shown he is a top player in the current league... Easily the best second best player on any team in the league... Pau has a chance to be on that Pippen level...
    So in your opinion Pau will someday become a MVP candidate and a top 5 player in the NBA?

has proven to be a semi decent first option too
    Ranking 8th in scoring as the de facto PG of your team is only "semi decent"?

Pippen proved he could make his teammates better. Very few players have this ability; Gasol is not one of them.
    Last edited by Roundball_Rock; 07-14-2009 at 03:39 PM.

3-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by ProfessorMurder
    I said great bigs to play with Jordan dipsh*t.

He really was better than people give him credit for. Plus Jordan/Pippen were obviously the #1 and #2.

Lamar had those type of numbers last year after Pau goined the team.... I think playing with KOBE AND GASOL or in grants case mj and pip helps guys like lamar and grant.. Grant was nothing after he left the bulls..
    Last edited by NBASTATMAN; 07-14-2009 at 03:43 PM.

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by Roundball_Rock
    The exact phrasing used by Duncan21formvp. Again, reread the game logs.

What exactly is Gasol's case for being a top 5 PF? How are we comparing someone who is arguably not even a top 5 player at his position to someone who was a top 5 player in the NBA for several seasons?

That is "great"?

So in your opinion Pau will someday become a MVP candidate and a top 5 player in the NBA?

Ranking 8th in scoring as the de facto PG of your team is only "semi decent"?

Pippen proved he could make his teammates better. Very few players have this ability; Gasol is not one of them.
    Sorry Amare was never top5 at no time in the league,you must mean when he was in high school.lol

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by Dengness9
    Apparently you would tap Penny's ass the way your riding him in this thread.
    No but i would tap you in your jaw,with a straight righthand sucka.

Sorry Amare was never top5 at no time in the league,you must mean when he was in high school.lol
    I meant Pippen. NBAStatman believes Gasol may reach Pippen's level.

Grant was nothing after he left the bulls..
    That isn't true. He was as good in Orlando as he was in Chicago, aside from him raising his game in 94'. Grant was a very good player but, as you said, he was a Lamar Odom caliber player. He was not a "great" player, though.

3-time NBA All-Star

[

Pippen was a top 5 player for maybe 1 or two years...Second you have stated in the past that Chuck Daly stated that Pippen alongside MJ was the best player in the Dream team.. I do not remember that.. I remember Chuck stating that MJ was two times as good as any other player on that team...

Kg is getting old, so is duncan.. Pau had a great season this year and won just as many player of the month awards as Kobe... The guy is playing great... With the vets getting old and Pau still in his prime he has a chance to win a MVP and maybe becoming a top 5 Player in the league... Pau has already outplayed the best center in the league in the FINALS... Pau showed he is a good defender and very good offensive player.... It is hard for Pau to put up the stats because he is playing with alot of offensive talent around him.. Once Bynum was injured Pau played the best ball on the LAKER team... He won player of the month in feb and was also great in MARCH...