Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    I usually hit open layups

Default Re: Jason Kidd in Last 13 Games.....Yikes

Are we really questioning what Kidd brought to that Mavs team? Dirk said it, Cuban said it, Carlisle said it, the fans KNEW - that they would not have won it all in 2011 had Kidd not been there and/or Devin Harris was their starting PG. He would've not got the ball in Dirk's hand the way Kidd did during that series. Not going to argue, I know what I saw with my eyes.

To the OP itself, part of me believes that Kidd was mis-managed in terms of playing time but another part also says he is nearly done. I want to see what he does in the playoffs before making a judgement but if he continues to struggle throughout the season and playoff games, he should really consider retirement. He is capable SG/SF defender, gets couple of steals and rebounds here and there but otherwise, he brings nothing to the table (he need to knock down those open 3s).

Quote Originally Posted by JoshCoward
    Are we really questioning what Kidd brought to that Mavs team? Dirk said it, Cuban said it, Carlisle said it, the fans KNEW - that they would not have won it all in 2011 had Kidd not been there and/or Devin Harris was their starting PG. He would've not got the ball in Dirk's hand the way Kidd did during that series. Not going to argue, I know what I saw with my eyes.

To the OP itself, part of me believes that Kidd was mis-managed in terms of playing time but another part also says he is nearly done. I want to see what he does in the playoffs before making a judgement but if he continues to struggle throughout the season and playoff games, he should really consider retirement. He is capable SG/SF defender, gets couple of steals and rebounds here and there but otherwise, he brings nothing to the table (he need to knock down those open 3s).
    I'm talking about right now.

Utryin2getthepipe? SevereUpInHere's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by All Net
    Big reason why Knicks have fallen off abit..

This is definitely a bit true. Once Felton went down (with no Shump) he was carrying too much of a load and hasn't seemed to recover.

Now Shump is back and we've all seen Prig is more than capable of running the offence I've got no problem with bringing his minutes right down.

He needs to be able to knock down the open 3s like he was doing earlier this season. He doesn't take contested shots, he's just missing the ones he's taking now. Wonder if he's getting slightly different looks now or something.

Serious playground baller shortsoptional's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SevereUpInHere
    This is definitely a bit true. Once Felton went down (with no Shump) he was carrying too much of a load and hasn't seemed to recover.

Now Shump is back and we've all seen Prig is more than capable of running the offence I've got no problem with bringing his minutes right down.

He needs to be able to knock down the open 3s like he was doing earlier this season. He doesn't take contested shots, he's just missing the ones he's taking now. Wonder if he's getting slightly different looks now or something.

It's all in the legs.

Carlisle rested him for a few games before the playoffs in 2011 and it did wonders for him. Came out and hit 6 threes in first round game 1. They seriously need to just give him some time off. Duncan, Parker and Ginobili get it all the time... a game here a game there. But NY can't be asking him to play 30 minutes....ever. At damn near 40, he should be playing 20 minutes with a game off every 5 or 6 games. Or pick spots to give him an extra long lay off.

Good college starter Rubio2Gasol's Avatar

Reduce his minutes. That way you save him for the playoffs and Shumpert is given time to get into things just in case.

Hopefully they don't end up like last year because that was painful to watch. No point guards - every player on the team except JR Smith tired or injured.

Utryin2getthepipe? SevereUpInHere's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by shortsoptional
    It's all in the legs.

Carlisle rested him for a few games before the playoffs in 2011 and it did wonders for him. Came out and hit 6 threes in first round game 1. They seriously need to just give him some time off. Duncan, Parker and Ginobili get it all the time... a game here a game there. But NY can't be asking him to play 30 minutes....ever. At damn near 40, he should be playing 20 minutes with a game off every 5 or 6 games. Or pick spots to give him an extra long lay off.

He barely even jumps on his 3s
    100% agreed though, love to get him a bit of a break, we've got all our guards back now, no reason this can't happen.

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by SCdac
    Huh? Kidd knocked down 20 more three's than Dirk in those playoffs (lead the team with 43 threes), dished out twice as many assists as the next highest Mav (153 assists to Barea's 71), and lead the team in steals (40 in 21 games). Not to mention the intangible impact he had and defensive edge he provides at his position. No need to denigrate him and his performance. Fact that he won a championship with the team that drafted him is even more badass.

Kidd was awesome in the play-offs. He also sat a week before the play-offs, had some extra days rest, because the Mavs killed the Lakers and Thunder. That is besides the regular day/s off between games. He just can

Quote Originally Posted by HorryIsMyMVP
    So because he rarely clanked in a 3 that makes it veteran leadership? I mean I give him props because he could dribble it up the court and pass it to dirk who was shooting 90%.
    I see why you have those red bars. You literally don't know nothing about the game besides stats.

NBA rookie of the year It's A VC3!!!'s Avatar

Now I really feel bad knowing that he scored 18 points and the game winning three against the Nets. Damn you Kidd.

Good college starter HorryIsMyMVP's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bandito
    I see why you have those red bars. You literally don't know nothing about the game besides stats.
    I'm just calling bullshit that's all.

Harris, Barea, Roddy
    Terry, Stevenson, Brewer
    Marion
    Dirk, Mahinmi
    Chandler,Haywood

Plus other filler. I'm here to call bs. The team was stacked, Harris would strengthen perimeter defense.

Local High School Star No_Look604's Avatar

This Horry guys a dummy. I clearly remember Jason Kidd playing great defense against Wade etc in the finals. Actually amazing D considering Wade would just pass it up every time. And at his age?!

No one is talking about his man to man D on opposing point guards.

Correct me if I'm wrong but Wade started strong and simply dissapeared after like game 2.

Serious playground baller Flamboyant's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HorryIsMyMVP
    Are you kidding? Harris use to shut down star point guards. He shut down prime Steve Nash.
    There is only one game where I've seen prime Nash completely shut down

http://www.basketball-reference.com/...603270NJN.html

0 FGs, 0 pts, and his team got blown out.

I really liked Harris when he was here, but he shouldn't be put in the same sentence with Kidd, especially when it comes to defense. Kidd gave fits to both Wade and LeBron when he was guarding them 1on1.

Quote Originally Posted by SCdac
    Huh? Kidd knocked down 20 more three's than Dirk in those playoffs (lead the team with 43 threes), dished out twice as many assists as the next highest Mav (153 assists to Barea's 71), and lead the team in steals (40 in 21 games). Not to mention the intangible impact he had and defensive edge he provides at his position. No need to denigrate him and his performance. Fact that he won a championship with the team that drafted him is even more badass.

great post