Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Default Re: Why do people believe Carmelo Anthony is as good as Lebron on offense(if not better)?

@ this whole notion of LeBron stat-padding. If it were easy to average (or stat-pad) 27/7/7 for your entire career then why aren't there more players with that average? Durant is the one cleary stat-padding for his triple-doubles. He averages 28 points per game, but when he stat-pads for a triple-double he doesn't even break the 20 point mark. Last game was clear evidence of it too, pass to Westbrook for a 3 (defender on him) yelled at WB to shoot it . Once he made the basket he was all smiling and shit and told Scott Brooks to bench him.

Default Re: Why do people believe Carmelo Anthony is as good as Lebron on offense(if not better)?

Quote Originally Posted by LikeABosh
    27 per game on 57% shooting. I think he's doing ok
    Once again, not a better offensive player, but a better scorer.

LeBron will beast on everyone, I never questioned that. smh.

The only thing Melo is better than at LeBron is shooting/his jumper. That's it. (for now)

Kobe= 1st round loser secund2nun's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ZMonkey11

Lebron is a much better scorer. He scores more, much more efficiently. It is not that hard to understand. It's simple.

Basically this is what you are arguing:

If player A scores in 5 methods, all of which have 60 out of 100 ratings then he is a better scorer than player B who scores in 3 methods all of which have a 90/100 rating.

Why is Melo a better scorer? Who gives a **** if Melo has more "moves". Lebron puts the ball in the goddamn hoop more effectively. Besides, percentage wise Lebron is shooting better from the three and midrange this season.

3-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by tazb
    @ this whole notion of LeBron stat-padding. If it were easy to average (or stat-pad) 27/7/7 for your entire career then why aren't there more players with that average? Durant is the one cleary stat-padding for his triple-doubles. He averages 28 points per game, but when he stat-pads for a triple-double he doesn't even break the 20 point mark. Last game was clear evidence of it too, pass to Westbrook for a 3 (defender on him) yelled at WB to shoot it . Once he made the basket he was all smiling and shit and told Scott Brooks to bench him.
    Statpadding is one who wants to assists and score at the same time. just like jordans 32 8 8 or oscar robertson. Whereas durant is forced to be the runner of their offense because westbrooks IQ isnt enough. Lebron had wade who is capable of averaging 8 apg yet is relegated coz lebron doesnt want him to compete for stats.

Actually its easy to play like that, we have seen AI, jordan, arenas averaged those kind of numbers but their teams sucked just like oscar. Its not a winning formula thats why players dont play like that. Its the reason why lebron joined miami coz he knows hes not winning with his style. Theres a reason why the 2 GOATS in jordan and magic are either pure pg or pure scorer. iN fact among the top 5 GOATs(JOrdan, magic, shaq, duncan, russell) you dont see any of them playing like lebron. LOL

Made that high school varsity squad pmj's Avatar

Melo is much better at shooting and iso'ing 1v1 (even driving). I would say Melo is top 2 putting the ball in the basket against a set, half court D.

Lebron is much better in transition and also getting easy buckets down low, and he's more consistent bc of athleticism and bball IQ.

Who do I want for a game? Lebron.

Who do I want for one possession? Melo.

Proves idiots wrong Human Error's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by knicksman
    well kobe had 5 rings with his skill. What has lebron done? got a ring with the most stacked team in nba history?
    The Heat is talented however far from being stacked. They're a flawed team. The Knicks, the Bulls, the Thunder, the Clippers and the Lakers are more stacked, they're 2 deep in every position and have players who could start on other teams on the bench.

I'll put this way. 1on1, I'm taking Melo.

DON'T FEED THE TROLL arifgokcen's Avatar

I'll put this way. 1on1, I'm taking Melo.
    Lebron is by far the best isolation player right now among top scorers.If you dont believe me look up the stats.

He is 2nd among players with more than 200 isolation attempts with 1.03ppp

Melo is at 0.87 ppp(point per possession) worst isolation player among top scorers.

Kobe at 0.94ppp and durant at 0.97ppp Harden at 0.95ppp

You wanna know the best isolation player in the league.He is the guy with the best handle.

Kyrie Irving.Best isolation player in the league.1.08ppp

Quote Originally Posted by arifgokcen
    Lebron is by far the best isolation player right now among top scorers.If you dont believe me look up the stats.

He is 2nd among players with more than 200 isolation attempts with 1.03ppp

Melo is at 0.87 ppp(point per possession) worst isolation player among top scorers.

Kobe at 0.94ppp and durant at 0.97ppp Harden at 0.95ppp

You wanna know the best isolation player in the league.He is the guy with the best handle.

Kyrie Irving.Best isolation player in the league.1.08ppp
    And Kyrie can take Kobe 1on1. kthx.