Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Chicago Bulls Forum

Chicago Bulls Forum Chicago Bulls message board - chicago bulls fan forum

Old 05-20-2009, 08:37 PM   #16
Rose
good scorer

Default Re: PFs that could be acquired by %.

Personally if we go the draft way I'd like to see us trade up to around 5-7 and snag Jordan Hill. He's compared to Chris Bosh which I can see but he's still got a ways to go before he earns that comparison. He already plays some nice quality defense. and he has some offense too him already but he's still developing that. He can shoot out to 17 feet. Has a faceup game, and is working on the back to the basket, and Im pretty sure he'll be available then too. maybe we could offer up both of our picks and perhaps tim thomas to someone to get it done. I really don't care how it gets done, and I don't think it will I just like the guy and think he could be great.
Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 02:49 PM   #17
idizzle
Good college starter

I would actually like to see the Bulls try to get either Chris Bosh or Paul Milsap.

I know its a wishful thinking the Bulls could get Bosh or Milsap but I think the Bulls should try to get either Jordan Hill, Earl Clark, James Johnson, or Gani Lawal in the draft with the 16 pick if they either one of them are still their.
idizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 06:45 PM   #18
Rose
good scorer

Earl Clark could be star one day so I would not mind him either and I think there's a good change he's there at 16.
Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 07:53 PM   #19
Evan Conover
Saw a basketball once

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kjeldar
Big baby? I dont want to see any C near the UC. Did you watch the series? The fans would eat him alive.

I can't see Big Baby wanting to even come to Chicago. We can do better.
Evan Conover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 08:39 PM   #20
baller42590
Chi Bulls 2010-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evan Conover
I can't see Big Baby wanting to even come to Chicago. We can do better.

you never know he might want to seeing that him and tyrus are best friends! im not saying i want him here cuz i dont, im just saying i dont think he would have a problem coming here......
baller42590 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 08:51 PM   #21
Evan Conover
Saw a basketball once

Quote:
Originally Posted by baller42590
you never know he might want to seeing that him and tyrus are best friends! im not saying i want him here cuz i dont, im just saying i dont think he would have a problem coming here......

That is a good point, and being friends with teammates is always good for team chemistry, which of course, helps them play better as a result.

However, based on what's been said already, I can't see Boston to want to let him go as he is a huge fan favorite.

Plus I still think we have a good chance to do better, as my hopes are high for somebody like Bosh, Amare, or even David West.
Evan Conover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 09:08 PM   #22
Kjeldar
Decent playground baller

Big baby is just like Noah. Fans love him, other team's fans hate him deeply.

Im no big fan of him game, though he did step it up this postseason.

we really can do better.
Kjeldar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 01:09 AM   #23
Undisputed
Do. Your. Job.

With the 16th pick we have in this draft, I say the Bulls take an SG or a combo guard. Even if Gordon is re-signed, chances are Kirk will be gone in that case. We could use more depth at the 2 spot any way it goes. The draft is really weak on PF's and centers. I say we draft some size with the 26th pick and try to pull a trade for a power forward or center..
Undisputed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 11:59 AM   #24
tamaraw08
College star

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConanRulesNBC
If all else fails I'd LOVE to see Shaq retire on the Chicago Bulls. It would be so fun to have him here.

Shaq + this Bulls team would have beaten the Celtics, easily. We'd probably be getting ready for the Bulls/Cavs ECF right now.

This idea is very intriguing indeed. If you said this a year ago, I would have said NO WAY !
But watching him last season, playing in shape and being healthy and prolific, so why not. But His got an enormous contract that would probably require the Bulls to give up 2-3 expensive players like Kirk, Miller + draft picks etc.
The problem to me too is the uncertainty, what if he is out of shape or gets injured like ALWAYS?
tamaraw08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2009, 01:58 PM   #25
shortlunatic
Knowledge Is Power

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamaraw08
This idea is very intriguing indeed. If you said this a year ago, I would have said NO WAY !
But watching him last season, playing in shape and being healthy and prolific, so why not. But His got an enormous contract that would probably require the Bulls to give up 2-3 expensive players like Kirk, Miller + draft picks etc.
The problem to me too is the uncertainty, what if he is out of shape or gets injured like ALWAYS?

no...Shaq is an old player that probaby has about a year left. The only team Shaq would fit on is a team that is just a Shaq away from contending. I dont think the Bulls is that team, so I would pass. We are a young team thats need to keep building for the future, not for just one season. Even with that aside, Shaq already said he doesnt like the cold, he wouldnt even want to be here.
shortlunatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2009, 02:06 PM   #26
dak121
College star

Quote:
Originally Posted by shortlunatic
no...Shaq is an old player that probaby has about a year left. The only team Shaq would fit on is a team that is just a Shaq away from contending. I dont think the Bulls is that team, so I would pass. We are a young team thats need to keep building for the future, not for just one season. Even with that aside, Shaq already said he doesnt like the cold, he wouldnt even want to be here.

The Bulls have been a "young team that needs to keep building for the future" for ten years now. The result?

4 playoff appearances, 2 winning seasons, tons of lottery picks and one rebuilding scheme after another. All in a (mostly) crappy eastern conference.

This franchise hasn't done building for the future too well. I'd rather get someone that can put this squad in the mix to win something. If getting a productive year or 2 out of Shaq for nothing but expirers is the route to making that happen, so be it. I'll just be damned if I have to watch another season of guys like Tyrus Thomas trying to play basketball.
dak121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2009, 03:46 AM   #27
shortlunatic
Knowledge Is Power

Quote:
Originally Posted by dak121
The Bulls have been a "young team that needs to keep building for the future" for ten years now. The result?

4 playoff appearances, 2 winning seasons, tons of lottery picks and one rebuilding scheme after another. All in a (mostly) crappy eastern conference.

This franchise hasn't done building for the future too well. I'd rather get someone that can put this squad in the mix to win something. If getting a productive year or 2 out of Shaq for nothing but expirers is the route to making that happen, so be it. I'll just be damned if I have to watch another season of guys like Tyrus Thomas trying to play basketball.

Just because the GM doesnt know how to get that done doesnt mean its not a good philosiphy. Can i ask what Shaq will do for this team after this season?? Or the season after that?? When you're putting a team together, you dont just want to put together a team that can win a championship, but a team that can win multiple championships. Had Shaq been a few years younger, maybe we would have had something. But having Shaq for a year isnt gonna help this team get far in my opinion. It certainly wont help two years from now. I like the idea of changing personal, but not for players that are on the verge of retiring. If we can get our hands on a legit low post scorer, this team will be set and be ready to compete for years to come. I dont wanna make things more complicated by accquiring Shaq. And i already said he doesnt like the cold and wont play here. So theres really no point in discussing this.
Old 05-24-2009, 10:34 AM   #28
dak121
College star

So having Shaq for even a season is a bad thing? Even if the package to get him involves just Miller/Tim Thomas/Jerome James?

The guy brings leadership, veteran know-how, and a post-game that Thomas/Noah could only dream about. And from a Reinsdorf perspective more asses-in-seats.
dak121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 02:20 AM   #29
shortlunatic
Knowledge Is Power

Quote:
Originally Posted by dak121
So having Shaq for even a season is a bad thing? Even if the package to get him involves just Miller/Tim Thomas/Jerome James?

The guy brings leadership, veteran know-how, and a post-game that Thomas/Noah could only dream about. And from a Reinsdorf perspective more asses-in-seats.

why go after a player that doesnt want to play here?? you think his output and effort will be anywhere near the same as it was in Phoenix if he is playing in a city he doesnt want to play for?? and it would cut into Noah's playing time (not that he is all that great, but i think he has potential, and since he is our future, i wanna try our best to develop him). Shaq isnt the kind of player who looks out to mentor the young guys, or share his minutes, so his effect would probably be little to none on Tyrus/Noah, unlike Miller.
Old 05-28-2009, 10:01 AM   #30
ChiTownBulls
Saw a basketball once

I like Tyrus Thomas he brings a lot of energy to the bulls and his shot blocking certainly helps there defense out a lot, despite his fouls. Edit... I wouldn't be mad though if they brought in a veteran player to mentor his game along.
ChiTownBulls is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: