Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Chicago Bulls Forum

Chicago Bulls Forum Chicago Bulls message board - chicago bulls fan forum

Old 02-15-2009, 05:10 PM   #1
CaNt Be ToUcHeD
I rule the local playground

Default Say we get Amare...

... What comes next?

It seems like we'll be giving up three players AND a draft pick, and our team depth might be a little weak. Will free agency be our only answer or does anyone have any realistic ideas of moves Paxson will make before the deadline?

Personally, I don't know how it would work, but trading back into the draft to pick up another young big or 2 guard would work for me even though it's not the deepest of drafts. I guess it all depends on the trade, but it'd be nice to stay in the draft. You never know what could happen.

Besides that, I've read numerous ideas of trading for the Heat's Daequan Cook. A decent sized 2 guard who shoots the lights out from 3, but struggles anywhere inside the 3 point line. His defense isn't bad at all either, and he seems to fit our need for the spot.

Maybe I'm going a little bit overboard, but at this point I think the biggest mistake we could make would be trading for Amare, losing Gordon to free agency, not having a draft pick and therefore losing all of our depth at the same time, keeping us from being successful.

Ideas?

Last edited by CaNt Be ToUcHeD : 02-15-2009 at 05:12 PM.
CaNt Be ToUcHeD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2009, 06:28 PM   #2
ConanRulesNBC
Very good NBA starter

Default Re: Say we get Amare...

If we give up Thomas, Sefolosha and Good or Hughes I think we'll still be in good shape. Don't forget we can try and make some trades during the offseason and we either have Gooden or Hughes to let go or re-sign.

If the Bulls do get Amare then during the offseason the top priorities should be...

1.) Re-sign Ben Gordon
2.) Keep or trade Kirk Hinrich
3.) Try and look for a solid 2 guard
ConanRulesNBC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2009, 06:30 PM   #3
IN-PAX-WE-TRUST
ROSE > THAN YOU

We will have the mid level exception.... I think we let Gordon walk, sign a SG who is more of a defense first player.... 2010 Bulls

Rose
SG ( who plays solid D)
Noah
Amare
Deng

Hinrich
Nocioni
trade for backup PF

honestly, that team could do some damage in the East... I'll have to check free agents for next year, but I'm sure there's somebdy who could sign for mid level exception....
IN-PAX-WE-TRUST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2009, 06:58 PM   #4
drwax26
High School Varsity 6th Man

There is a short list of SG for the 2009 free agency.
Gerald Green- Long Athletic, ok from 3 land but can hit 2's and drive, D is suspect
Marquis Daniels- Exact replica of Gerald green and doesnt shoot 3's well at all
Rashad mcCants- only 6'4, ok from 3 land, ok defender
Jamal Crawford- Prolific Scorer, not a great defender, cost too much
Carlos Delfino- Cant shoot 3's but thats about it not a great defender.

This list is actually sad there is nothing available through free agency regarding SG's unless we wait for 2010. We can always stretch BG to 6'6 then problem solved lol.
drwax26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2009, 07:05 PM   #5
CaNt Be ToUcHeD

I'm looking at the unrestricted free agent list for 2009 and these are the names that jump out at me...

BIG MEN

Zaza Pachulia - Solid center, a little bit Noah-like.

Brandon Bass - I like him a lot. Very explosive, almost like a less athletic but sturdier Tyrus Thomas. (Both PF, both young, limited offense, above average D)

Chris Andersen - The "birdman" is uglier than hell, but no denying his ability to play above the rim.

Chris Wilcox - Solid player.

2 Guards

Jamal Crawford - Not sure about his defense, but he's reasonably tall and can shoot lights out.

Trevor Ariza - Probably get back with the Lakers and can't shoot very well, but he would be another great option for defense.

Keith Bogans - Shaky defense. Solid shooter.

I know those aren't the best options, but small deals with them couldn't hurt to add depth.

EDIT: The more I look at this list, the more I appreciate Hinrich. He's a pretty solid defender and he can shoot well. I just wish he was a little bit taller...

Last edited by CaNt Be ToUcHeD : 02-15-2009 at 07:07 PM.
Old 02-16-2009, 12:44 AM   #6
kshutts1
College superstar

Wow, I'm not worried about our depth at all. I guess I don't know what I'm talking..

Anyway, this is my understanding of the possible deal: TT, Gooden, Cedric and a pick for Amare, right?

That leaves us:
Rose/Hinrich
Gordon (shooter)/Thabo (defender) - got exactly what everyone wants, just not in one package. Best way to get it in one package is to gamble on T-Mac with Hughes' expiring contract, Noah, and another pick
Deng/Noc
Amare/Ruffin
Noah/Gray

Honestly, that depth isn't that bad because I look at it like this: Right now, we have "depth" but it's bad depth. Our starter is a 5/10, our backup is a 4.5/10. With Amare, our starter is a 9/10, our backup is a 2/10. I'm not worried about depth just because of how much better Amare is than either TT or Gooden.

I would honestly rather do the trade and play 4 on 5 when Amare isn't in there, which would only be a TOTAL of 8-10 mins a game, and that's not even consecutive mins (and wait another year or so until we can pick up someone else), than to keep our current roster.
kshutts1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 12:49 AM   #7
CaNt Be ToUcHeD

Quote:
Originally Posted by kshutts1
Wow, I'm not worried about our depth at all. I guess I don't know what I'm talking..

Anyway, this is my understanding of the possible deal: TT, Gooden, Cedric and a pick for Amare, right?

That leaves us:
Rose/Hinrich
Gordon (shooter)/Thabo (defender) - got exactly what everyone wants, just not in one package. Best way to get it in one package is to gamble on T-Mac with Hughes' expiring contract, Noah, and another pick
Deng/Noc
Amare/Ruffin
Noah/Gray

Honestly, that depth isn't that bad because I look at it like this: Right now, we have "depth" but it's bad depth. Our starter is a 5/10, our backup is a 4.5/10. With Amare, our starter is a 9/10, our backup is a 2/10. I'm not worried about depth just because of how much better Amare is than either TT or Gooden.

I would honestly rather do the trade and play 4 on 5 when Amare isn't in there, which would only be a TOTAL of 8-10 mins a game, and that's not even consecutive mins (and wait another year or so until we can pick up someone else), than to keep our current roster.

No, substitute simmons for thabo... and i really dont count ruffin, simmons, or gray as bench players, more like worst comes to worst get some minutes players... they r fine if we want to throw them in there but then we lose the lead we might have... we need bench players who can hold it down while starters are out and we wont have that
Old 02-16-2009, 01:56 AM   #8
Crystallas
Smile, you're on ISH

What exactly makes people so sure that Amare will stay with the Bulls after next year?
Crystallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 02:38 AM   #9
trig
Decent college freshman

Assuming the gooden+TT+thabo+ picks for amare becomes a reality

See if they can trade Kirk, Noce for a center or sg
look for cheap sg like anthony parker, mo evans
look for hardworking athletic pf-c in the 2nd round. Deandre, millsap, bass type of players
get a shot blocker birdman? camby?
get a veteran big man. Joe smith type of a player
keep Lindsay. he seems to have a good effect on the locker room
hopefully BG can accept a 8-9mil /yr salary and take a manu ginobili role. come of the bench and finish games
trig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 08:56 PM   #10
Bulls_Fan20
Local High School Star

Post Re: Say we get Amare...

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaNt Be ToUcHeD
I'm looking at the unrestricted free agent list for 2009 and these are the names that jump out at me...

BIG MEN

Chris Andersen - The "birdman" is uglier than hell, but no denying his ability to play above the rim.

2 Guards

Jamal Crawford - Not sure about his defense, but he's reasonably tall and can shoot lights out.

I know those aren't the best options, but small deals with them couldn't hurt to add depth.

If you think Andersen can play above the rim, then you should check out some "highlights" of the dunk contests he was in. I almost felt bad for him, but I was laughing too hard...

Crawford = Gordon, and I would rather have Gordon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystallas
What exactly makes people so sure that Amare will stay with the Bulls after next year?

It's basically what's happening in baseball right now. He will see that guys that opt out of their contracts don't get paid as much as they hope for, and will stay on for another year at $15 million. At least this is what I will tell myself every day if we do trade for him.
Bulls_Fan20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 09:34 PM   #11
Rondo

if we get Amare what number do you think he would wear? I mean his current number is taken by Rose and his old number of 32 is taken by Hughes. Just a random thought that crossed my mind
Old 02-16-2009, 09:58 PM   #12
GreatGreg
College star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rondo
if we get Amare what number do you think he would wear? I mean his current number is taken by Rose and his old number of 32 is taken by Hughes. Just a random thought that crossed my mind
Most likely 2, since Sefolosha is in the trade
GreatGreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 10:03 PM   #13
kshutts1
College superstar

Ruffin is a solid player that could provide spot defense and rebounding, and as for Gray I read somewhere that he was top 10 in the NBA in rebounds per minute. Gray's main issues are conditioning and staying out of foul trouble, not lack of talent. Plus he actually has a back-to-the-basket game, so I would love to get him some PT and see what he can turn into.

If our roster was:
Rose/Kirk
Thabo/Gordon
Deng/Noc
Amare/Ruffin
Noah/Gray

Then we would run probably an 8 man line: we WOULDN'T use Ruffin, and if Thabo is sent over in the trade instead, we wouldn't use Ced. But Deng can fill in at the 2 if need be, Noc the 3 or 4, etc... we have a few interchangeable parts is all I'm trying to get across
kshutts1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 10:03 PM   #14
Undisputed
Do. Your. Job.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rondo

Larry Hughes WILL be gone by the deadline. That's without a doubt.
Undisputed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 10:23 PM   #15
GreatGreg
College star

Imma put my computer on standby and in the morning I vision these excited and happy threads cuz we got Amar'e.
GreatGreg is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: