Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Good college starter Relinquish's Avatar

Default Re: Official anti-collusion thread

Quote Originally Posted by kennethgriffin
    Are you really that dumb Kenneth? He chose them over 4 other teams and a trade was made in order to follow through with him choosing the Lakers. He wanted to go to Brooklyn (a 6th team) but no team wanted to take back Lopez.

Quote Originally Posted by ThePhantomCreep
    The Lakers gave up an all-star center to get Howard.

Nash was the only player who willingly signed with LA, and he was clearly past his peak when did. The Collusion buddies were all at the peak of their powers in 2010.
    An all-star that the Lakers medical staff knew would barely ever play again.

Top 1 Bball Mind.

Isn't the Lakers' FO current plan to sign a bunch of big-name free agents and pair them with Kobe? How is that any different.

Ish ROY 2014

Quote Originally Posted by Relinquish
    Are you really that dumb Kenneth? He chose them over 4 other teams and a trade was made in order to follow through with him choosing the Lakers. He wanted to go to Brooklyn (a 6th team) but no team wanted to take back Lopez.
    I just provided you quotes from the horse's mouth himself and you're sitll spewing this bullshit

He never chose to go to the Lakers. He was traded there after talks broke down. Go watch his introductory press conference again. He kept regurgitating PR bullshit like he couldn't wait to get out of there first chance he got.

Quote Originally Posted by TheMagicMan

From ESPN:

"Howard, who was ultimately dealt to the Los Angeles Lakers, said, "I did want to go to Brooklyn. That's a place where I told the Magic that I really wanted to go," to Stephen A. Smith and Ryan Ruocco on ESPN NewYork 98.7 FM. "[But]I was traded to the Lakers, and I think it was a blessing in disguise."
    What don't you understand? He said he wanted to go to Brooklyn, but he couldn't because it was not possible since the Magic did not want Lopez. He chose the Lakers and they worked out a trade. This was common knowledge and you are trying to deny it by picking and choosing sentences from a quote. Lakers fans

First Kobe fan on ISH JohnFreeman's Avatar

Laker "fans": "We don't collude"
    "Melo or Love come save us"
    Still crying over the CP3 vetoed trade

Ish ROY 2014

What don't you understand? He said he wanted to go to Brooklyn, but he couldn't because it was not possible since the Magic did not want Lopez. He chose the Lakers and they worked out a trade. This was common knowledge and you are trying to deny it by picking and choosing sentences from a quote. Lakers fans

Banned

only a heat fan would think 3 guys in their prime all during free agency, all taking pay cuts to play with each other at the exact same time

is the same as

a guy getting drafted, traded to a team in the 90's

a guy getting traded on deadline day 12 years later

a guy signing to replace a guy who left 2 years after that

a guy getting unwillingly traded for a guy of near equal value 2 years after that and leaving soon after cause he never wanted to be there

and a guy more than past his prime tagging along in hopes of getting a career ending ring

yeah.. colluding eh... lmao you f*ckin nitwits

I just provided you quotes from the horse's mouth himself and you're sitll spewing this bullshit

He never chose to go to the Lakers. He was traded there after talks broke down. Go watch his introductory press conference again. He kept regurgitating PR bullshit like he couldn't wait to get out of there first chance he got.
    That quote says nothing. It doesn't say any of these anywhere:
    "I never chose the Lakers."
    "If Brooklyn wasn't an option, I wanted to be somewhere else other than L. A."
    or
    "I wish I got traded somewhere else because I do not want to be here."

Good try though.

You are essentially trying to prove that I inferred something (that Howard wanted to go to L. A. if not the Nets, which IS TRUE) by taking a quote that does not prove your point and hoping that I infer what you want me to believe (that he did not choose L. A.).

Laker fans/Kobetards

Ish ROY 2014

Quote Originally Posted by JohnFreeman
    Laker "fans": "We don't collude"
    "Melo or Love come save us"
    Still crying over the CP3 vetoed trade

First Kobe fan on ISH JohnFreeman's Avatar

No facts or arguments? Typical Laker "fan"

Damn you are ugly af

Ish ROY 2014

That quote says nothing. It doesn't say any of these anywhere:
    "I never chose the Lakers."
    "If Brooklyn wasn't an option, I wanted to be somewhere else other than L. A."
    or
    "I wish I got traded somewhere else because I do not want to be here."

Good try though.

You are essentially trying to prove that I inferred something (that Howard wanted to go to L. A. if not the Nets, which IS TRUE) by taking a quote that does not prove your point and hoping that I infer what you want me to believe (that he did not choose L. A.).

Laker fans/Kobetards
    And he never said "I chose the Lakers" either fakkit. But he did say, "I did want to go to Brooklyn. That's a place where I told the Magic that I really wanted to go."

Ish ROY 2014

Quote Originally Posted by kennethgriffin
    only a heat fan would think 3 guys in their prime all during free agency, all taking pay cuts to play with each other at the exact same time

is the same as

a guy getting drafted, traded to a team in the 90's

a guy getting traded on deadline day 12 years later

a guy signing to replace a guy who left 2 years after that

a guy getting unwillingly traded for a guy of near equal value 2 years after that and leaving soon after cause he never wanted to be there

and a guy more than past his prime tagging along in hopes of getting a career ending ring

yeah.. colluding eh... lmao you f*ckin nitwits
    I'm trying to get it through to this idiot that Dwight never chose to go to the Lakers. He never wanted to be here. He wanted to be in Brooklyn. That was always his #1 choice.

And he never said "I chose the Lakers" either fakkit. But he did say, "I did want to go to Brooklyn. That's a place where I told the Magic that I really wanted to go."
    Why did it take so long for Magic to trade Howard?