Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    National High School Star

Default Which one is worse, getting your ankles broke and falling down or getting dunked on?

It's tough for me.

Utryin2getthepipe? SevereUpInHere's Avatar

Default Re: Which one is worse, getting your ankles broke and falling down or getting dunked on?

I've never been dunked on and I imagine it would stick with me much longer than being crossed. Getting crossed is going to happen eventually playing the point like I used to. No biggie.

Boozer and Lebron Fam CarlosBoozer's Avatar

Default Re: Which one is worse, getting your ankles broke and falling down or getting dunked on?

Ankles for me, especially if the guy swishes the shot.

Banned

Both---getting dunked on and then falling down 'cos your ankles broke.

Top 1 Bball Mind.

Getting ankles broken easily. Getting dunked on is not even that bad. better than not contesting the dunk at all.

#HEATNATION

none of y'all probably haven't even been dunked on yet.

I've never been dunked on, but I imagine if I did, my friends/people I ball with will talk about it forever. Getting crossed is embarrassing, but they'll get over it eventually because it's pretty common for someone to get crossed.

Getting my ankles broken. Getting dunked on should not be embarrassing, it's a brave action to try and stop the dunker.

Banned

Getting dropped is easily worse. Both will happen if you try but getting dropped has more to do with your balance while getting dunked on has more to do with effort and position.

National High School Star Nevaeh's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ganja0710
    none of y'all probably haven't even been dunked on yet.
    Yeah, it really depends on the dunk too. If it's a transition dunk , where you're a bit late sliding over defensively, you can live with that. If it's a "Tea-Bag" dunk where your face is full of the other dude's manhood, well that just sucks.

Crossing can happen if you're a taller dude caught on a defensive switch, so it's not like it'll happen all that often. I usually play off a guy with a sick handle just to avoid overworking myself.

NBA Superstar

I think getting the ol' ankles broken up would be worse. I get excited for monster poster dunks, but there's always a small part of me that often respects the defender who contested in the first place. It's harder for me to find that sympathy after watching someone getting their ankles snapped. Though, often those most likely to get broken down in that manner are folks who are defending very tightly with great effort, so I tend to respect that as well.

It's a tough choice because a lot of times I've seen both happen and people tend to get a little excited but then they move on. I think the horrid embarrassment supposedly attached to being on the business end of each maneuver is a little overplayed. That said, I think I tend to remember the people I dunked on more than the people whose ankles I broke.

I'm tempted to say getting your ankles broken because getting posterized just means you tried......but ultimately, playing aggressive and tight defense leaves you a little more susceptible to getting your ankles broken, anyway. Certainly more admirable and unfortunately much more telegenic than just letting a dude blow by you.

National High School Star

Getting dunked on in a recreational game is the worst.They literally stop the game and people that aren't apart of the game run out on the floor laughing and dancing as if they did it. Getting your ankles broken people just laugh for the most part...but it doesn't stop a game

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

ankles broken way worse. Ive had both happen and you at least get a little respect going up to challenge a dunker. Getting crossed will draw laughs tho

70p game: DBook-1 MJ-0 livingby3's's Avatar

Let's ask this guy