Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Banned

Default Re: Top 5 underrated and overrated player from 1990-present

Quote Originally Posted by KOBE143
    Top 5 underrated
    1. Pippen - always overshadowed by Mike
    2. Rodman - greatest rebounder and top 5 defender of all time
    3. Toni Kukoc - best 6th man of all time.. Easily a franchise player for any team
    4. Ron Harper - one of the best perimeter defender and arguably top 10-15 player of the 90's
    5. Horace Grant - top 5 pf of the 90's..

Top 5 overrated
    1. MJ - his fans always thinks he's the best in everything..
    2. Shaq - the most dominant ever but only has 4 rings in 18 years and been swept 7 times..
    3. LeBron James - stat padder choker and ranked 11 by his stans.. Lose 2 times in the finals.. Been swept in his first finals series.. Regular season champs to playoff choker..
    4. Pau Gasol - I like pau but I hate people that says his the FMVP of 2010 finals and the reason why the Lakers won back2back.. His a great complimentary player for our Lord Mamba tho..
    5. Dwayne Wade - he's no better than our Lord Mamba and its not even close but his stans act like he's better and the best sg in the league..

ALL our just my opinion.. Any violent reaction is prohibited..
    HOLY SHIT I NEVER ACTUALLY PAID ATTENTION TO WHAT YOUR AVATAR ACTUALLY WAS

Dunking on everybody in the park

obviously he has an agenda...
    but he is not that off... Superstars are overrated and that includes Jordan and others... remember overrated doesn't mean being a bad player... for the underrated part... he is right... cmon media made us believe Jordan was carrying bad teams to titles...

Maybe he is a little off with Gasol... Gasol is rated right... sometimes a little bit overrated sometimes an slight underrated... but most of the time he is right... we all know he can play like one of the best on a good night, but most people know Kobe is the man on the Lakers, it is not like he is considered the best in the league.
    Last edited by TheFan; 09-19-2012 at 06:59 PM.

College star

Quote Originally Posted by MavsSuperFan
    Is this a parody of Kobe fans?
    Not a parody.
    Just idiocy.
    Let's move on.

Quote Originally Posted by AlonzoGOAT
    HOLY SHIT I NEVER ACTUALLY PAID ATTENTION TO WHAT YOUR AVATAR ACTUALLY WAS
    Name: "KOBE143"

with that profile picture...you're looking at one of the most interesting profiles on ish to say the least.

Quote Originally Posted by DatAsh

with that profile picture...you're looking at one of the most interesting profiles on ish to say the least.
    he built his house on Kobe's ball[COLOR="Black"]s[/COLOR]ack

College star

Top 5 most underrated:
    1. Dirk Nowitzki
    2. Steve Nash
    3. Yao Ming
    4. Manu Ginobili
    5. Paul Pierce

Top 5 most overrated
    1. Kobe Bryant
    2. Kobe Bryant
    3. Kobe Bryant
    4. Kobe Bryant
    5. Kobe Bryant

That Kobe is so dominant.

Overrated
    1)Allen Iverson- a great player, but also one who got too much credit. Outside of 2001, never made it past the first round. Very capable of scoring 40-50, but often bounced back with horrible shooting nights and shooting his team out of games. The definition of volume scorer who shot sub 40% multiple times. A great player, but overrated at the same time.

2)Chris Webber- arguably the most skilled big man ever. But as skilled as he was, he was incredibly soft and not a good defender despite what the boxscore says. Would have been possibly the best second option after Kobe and Pippen, but he was not capable of winning anything as the first option.

3)Reggie Miller- he was known for one thing and did it very well, shooting. He was also one of the clutchest players ever. But as a player, was not anything close to complete. Couldn't create for himself, couldn't post up, and wasn't a good defender. The things he could do, he did very well; shooting, initiating contact, and getting a shot off a screen. Anything else, not so much.

4)Steve Nash- obviously a great shooter and playmaker. Plays no defense, benefitted from a specific system, and is the only MVP winner outside of Derrick Rose to never make the Finals. His offensive skills and longevity are his greatest strengths, but he's completely invisible at one end of the court.

5)Antoine Walker- filled up a boxscore. Could shoot, but many people overlooked his love for the three pointer(or four pointer if you asked Antoine). He could rebound too, but wasn't much of a defender. But he filled up a boxscore and people liked him for it. He wasn't that good overall.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Underrated
    1)Scottie Pippen- he's getting his credit here and a bit too much by some, but he's very rarely mentioned outside of ISH. Many remember him as MJ's sidekick, but people almost never mention how good Scottie was. Perhaps the first official point forward. A guy who could score, defend, make plays, and lead. He's the GOAT perimeter defender, something that I've never seen mentioned outside of ISH.

2)Mitch Richmond- very complete player. Basically the anti-Reggie Miller. Could do everything Miller could do, plus he could defend, post up, had a nearly automatic mid-range J, and was one of the few people to give Michael Jordan a hard time. Also had the unfortunate luck of playing on sh*tty teams.

3)Paul Pierce- often overlooked in favor of guys like Carter, T-Mac, Kobe, and Iverson because he wasn't flashy. But he regularly put up numbers and quietly. Could play and defend multiple positions, decent defender, decent shooter, could post up, and provided good leadership. Outside of Boston, he was almost ignored.

4)Alonzo Mourning- he had to compete with guys like Shaq, Robinson, Olajuwon, and Ewing. He wasn't the scorer the others were, but he was an amazing defender. Elite shot blocker, decent rebounder, excellent post D, and still provided a respectable amount of points.

5)Shawn Marion- a guy who could play and defender multiple positions. Was a great rebounder for a guy his size, very versatile defender, extremely athletic, ran the floor well, and could shoot. No doubt Steve Nash made his life easier, but Marion was an Al-Star before Nash arrived in Phoenix.

College star

D.J., Webber isn't arguably the most skilled big man ever. That title belongs to Hakeem and Hakeem alone, followed by Kareem.

Now, if you want to say he was arguably the most offensively versatile, then we can have a discussion.

Top 5 underrated
    1. Pippen - always overshadowed by Mike
    2. Rodman - greatest rebounder and top 5 defender of all time
    3. Toni Kukoc - best 6th man of all time.. Easily a franchise player for any team
    4. Ron Harper - one of the best perimeter defender and arguably top 10-15 player of the 90's
    5. Horace Grant - top 5 pf of the 90's..

Top 5 overrated
    1. MJ - his fans always thinks he's the best in everything..
    2. Shaq - the most dominant ever but only has 4 rings in 18 years and been swept 7 times..
    3. LeBron James - stat padder choker and ranked 11 by his stans.. Lose 2 times in the finals.. Been swept in his first finals series.. Regular season champs to playoff choker..
    4. Pau Gasol - I like pau but I hate people that says his the FMVP of 2010 finals and the reason why the Lakers won back2back.. His a great complimentary player for our Lord Mamba tho..
    5. Dwayne Wade - he's no better than our Lord Mamba and its not even close but his stans act like he's better and the best sg in the league..

ALL our just my opinion.. Any violent reaction is prohibited..
    Get Kobe's dick out your mouth kid, can't understand a word you're saying.
    Last edited by BlackVVaves; 09-19-2012 at 08:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Clutch
    this

Quote Originally Posted by BlackVVaves
    D.J., Webber isn't arguably the most skilled big man ever. That title belongs to Hakeem and Hakeem alone, followed by Kareem.

Yes it is arguable. And Kareem, no.

NBA rookie of the year

Quote Originally Posted by DatAsh

If the OP is trying for satire, i will give him credit for planning ahead.

just came back and saw a lot of butt hurt people here.. Honestly, I dont have any agenda or whatsoever when I created this thread.. I dont even think of it in the first place.. I just want people here to know who are the overrated and underrated player of the 90's-present.. Maybe my ranking was a little bit not right but all the players that I listed are correctly underrated and overrated.. If you dont want to agree maybe you can put your own list and I can compare mine to yours..

Only on ISH where stating your own opinion will get you so many negs.. I created this thread to give you all some interesting info and hoping to get some good feedback from you guys but instead I got a tons of negs..

just came back and saw a lot of butt hurt people here.. Honestly, I dont have any agenda or whatsoever when I created this thread.. I dont even think of it in the first place.. I just want people here to know who are the overrated and underrated player of the 90's-present.. Maybe my ranking was a little bit not right but all the players that I listed are correctly underrated and overrated.. If you dont want to agree maybe you can put your own list and I can compare mine to yours..

Only on ISH where stating your own opinion will get you so many negs.. I created this thread to give you all some interesting info and hoping to get some good feedback from you guys but instead I got a tons of negs..
    Cool story bro. Be honest, do you dress up your "li'l mamba doll" in really kinky outfits or just imagine it all in your head?

Born again Cavs fan bballnoob1192's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by swi7ch
    Underrated:

Jordan

Overrated:

Kobe

how can u be underrated if you are consider the GOAT. lol is there a higher rank than GOAT?

under-rated =/= GREATEST of all time

Born again Cavs fan bballnoob1192's Avatar

the five you listed could be argue as underrated, but, and this is a big butt, they all happen to be jordan's teammate

one would wonder what the agenda here is huh