Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    its ours nxt year LA09 kobedaman24's Avatar

Default Do majority of Laker fans here say Lakers in 6?

Just wondering. I've been skimming throuh the threads and this is the prediction I hear.. just wanted to see how many people think the Lakers will take it in 6.

btw, I am one of them..

Default Re: Do majority of Laker fans here say Lakers in 6?

Yea, most people in my house think Lakers win in 6 too assuming they keep up the effort.

Local High School Star LakersLaLaLand's Avatar

im on the 6 bandwagon.

I've been saying even before the east representative was determined that the lakers will win in 6. I still think that it's still possible even though they lost game 1

mike239489
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

6. Definitely could go to 7, but hoping we end it at home in 6.

NBA lottery pick

I was thinking they could come in and steal game 1. I think too much time off actually hurts teams, especially on the road. Hence the Lakers couldn't take game 1 which means they would have to win the next 4 straight to reach my original prediction of 5. If they win the next I won't say that goal is out of reach. But I think it almost needs to go 6 at this point.

Just an FYI, yesterday on ESPN radio Farmar predicted the Lakers in 6 on the Doug Gottleib show. He's on the bandwagon too :)

if we steal the next game in boston, we can win the next 3 at home.

NBA lottery pick

I do believe that too, but it is really tough to win 3 in a row in the finals.

Tonight was one of those nights where the stage was completely set for Kobe. I think every Laker fan was waiting for him to take over in the 4th quarter. It could have been his equvilent to Jordan's shot over Ehlo (or close you know what I'm getting at here). The unfortunate thing was it didn't happen. I understand the shots just weren't dropping for anybody, but when the closer of all closers in the league has an off night on one of the nights he should have taken over, it makes me believe the series will more than likely go 6. Although, I will say my original prediction was 5 and I did think that all the Lakers needed to do was to get a split in Boston.

I think the Lakers need to have Ariza gaurd Pierce a bit more and if it doesn't work then hey two of the three got their points. Most of the time they aren't going to win if that happens, especially against the Lakers. Outside shooting didn't do anything tonight. Let the guys who can play D do so. Let the Lakers big three handle the rest.

Quote Originally Posted by dd24
    I do believe that too, but it is really tough to win 3 in a row in the finals.

Tonight was one of those nights where the stage was completely set for Kobe. I think every Laker fan was waiting for him to take over in the 4th quarter. It could have been his equvilent to Jordan's shot over Ehlo (or close you know what I'm getting at here). The unfortunate thing was it didn't happen. I understand the shots just weren't dropping for anybody, but when the closer of all closers in the league has an off night on one of the nights he should have taken over, it makes me believe the series will more than likely go 6. Although, I will say my original prediction was 5 and I did think that all the Lakers needed to do was to get a split in Boston.

I think the Lakers need to have Ariza gaurd Pierce a bit more and if it doesn't work then hey two of the three got their points. Most of the time they aren't going to win if that happens, especially against the Lakers. Outside shooting didn't do anything tonight. Let the guys who can play D do so. Let the Lakers big three handle the rest.
    Was last nights loss because of Boston or beacuse of the Lakers time off and inability to hit open looks? Can Boston play better than they did last night? I have to be honest I have not seen them play much this year but I did not think that was a "great" performance by the Celtics.

I think the Lakers missed a lot of open looks and some poor defensive rotations and those combined did them in.

Give the Celtics credit they won the game but was it the best they can play?

Has anybody watched them enough to offer an opinion?

Quote Originally Posted by mike239489

Quote Originally Posted by mike239489
    Games 6 and 7 are in Boston.

And I say Lakers in 7.
    gms
    1 - BOS
    2 - LAL
    3 - LAL
    4 - BOS
    5 - LAL
    6 - BOS
    7 - LAL

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by Coop-A-Loop
    Was last nights loss because of Boston or beacuse of the Lakers time off and inability to hit open looks? Can Boston play better than they did last night? I have to be honest I have not seen them play much this year but I did not think that was a "great" performance by the Celtics.

I think the Lakers missed a lot of open looks and some poor defensive rotations and those combined did them in.

Give the Celtics credit they won the game but was it the best they can play?

Has anybody watched them enough to offer an opinion?
    I watched quite a few throughout the regular season and I've also watched every playoff game. They are a good team but I don't consider them an elite team. The Lakers did beat themselves. More so, it's like I was saying earlier I put a significant amount of that on Kobe. He had a poor shooting night, and some of this was due to his shot selection. If the star of the team had stepped up then LA would be up in this series. They had plenty of opportunities to capatilize and just didn't.

Boston's reserves did step up to the occasion too. Like I said I've watched quite a few of their games and that is probably the best bench play I've seen from them all season. We all know how great LA's bench has been. If anybody watched Sportscenter last night (or any other prime time sports show) the big question was is Boston's bench actually better than LA's. I don't expect Boston to get bench play like that the entire series, especially on the road.

I think the approach to take with this team is to try to shut down all those role players. KG and Pierce will definately get theirs, Allen who knows. But if they all score 25 points that's only 75 points. Shut down Rondo, Perkins, Cassell, House, Brown, etc, etc.

With the Lakers offense the shots will start falling. I also believe Phil will come up with a scheme to get Kobe some better looks. The Lakers will be putting up 100 points and Boston won't be able to. It's basically the first team to 100 wins, and I see that being LA more than Boston.

NBA lottery pick

And I will say this again too, I am very disappointed I didn't see Ariza gaurd Pierce at all. If the Lakers can make things more difficult on Pierce that team will fall apart. He's the only guy on the team who can create his own shot. KG is not a 4th quarter player and more of a jump shooter than anything. Allen just moves around and waits for the ball to come to him if he has an open shot. Don't get me wrong KG brings a lot to the table, but Pierce is the X factor on that team. If Ariza can't do it for whatever reason, then I think it's time for Kobe to step up and do it.

Serious playground baller lakers_fan4life's Avatar

Yes i would agree that the lakers will take it in 6 if we get this next game in boston and go back home for the next three!!!!!!!! that makes me very excited!!!!!!!

Another Laker Dynasty? bleedinpurpleTwo's Avatar

If Lakers win game 2, then Lakers in 7.
    If Celts win game 2, then Celtics in 7.