Default Has Westbrook peaked?

I don't think this guy has the tools to take his game to another level. He's got an incredible combo of quickness, strength, motor, handle, aggressiveness, work ethic, the pull-up J, and finishing ability. But he's dumb as fucc and its preventing him from going further.

Default Re: Has Westbrook peaked?

I don't think he will get better numbers that the 28/7/8 he posted last year, I think he could be more within a few years making less TOs.
    I think he already improved a lot on the shooting selection.

NBA lottery pick

Unfortunately, I think he has peaked. Unless he can develop the accuracy of a Curry, he's not going to get any better than he currently is.

Once his athleticism starts declining, he'll be looking like another point guard that plays in the East that once looked like a world beater.

Quote Originally Posted by Foster5k
    Unfortunately, I think he has peaked. Unless he can develop the accuracy of a Curry, he's not going to get any better than he currently is.

Once his athleticism starts declining, he'll be looking like another point guard that plays in the East that once looked like a world beater.
    Kinda sad that the dude's only 26 and he might have peaked.

Basketball Genius

needs to severely cut down on turnovers

Good High School Starter Crimsonrain777's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FKAri
    Kinda sad that the dude's only 26 and he might have peaked.
    i don't think it's sad. he was MVP-worthy last year while playing at this level and he's still phenomenal now. Maybe all he really needs to do to reach a level beyond this is to take more efficient shots

The only area he could really improve upon (other than efficiency and decision making) is defense.

with God-given ass JimmyMcAdocious's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HoopologyPhD
    The only area he could really improve upon (other than efficiency and decision making) is defense.
    If he improves on those mental areas, though, he's arguably the best player in the game.

So... And the guy has improved every season in his career thus far. Now I don't think he will ever be JKidd in that respect, but he has obvious areas to grow.

Decent college freshman

My guess is that by time he gets the mental side figured out (decision-making) that he'll be at an age where he declines physically.

Also, the guy play like a one-man wrecking crew last year but I don't think he was exactly challenging for the MVP.