Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Default Re: Kareem Abdul-Jabbar: Michael Jordan chose shoes over human rights

Quote Originally Posted by dunksby
    You brought up marketability like Kareem wasn't known globally, the thread is not about how much they are worth marketable anyway. The point is that Kareem is a decent human being who has always been aware of social issues and taken stance while Jordan doesn't give a shit about anybody other than himself. Him being a billionaire as a result only cements the point, but your servant mentality doesn't realize that, you serve and idolize the rich by nature.
    PS: I didn't even include a few movies either, not my fault Jordan can't act for shit dont hate
    You are absolutely right, the GOAT is an indecent human being for choosing to be neutral on a social issue. He must have killed millions by doing so. He also contributes to some charities, what an "indecent" fellow.

Banned

He also chose gambling over his fathers well being.

As you can see, he didn't always make great decisions.

Quote Originally Posted by gcvbcat
    abdul chose jihad, isis, hezbolla, al queda, taliban, al shabab, boko haram...over peace. he can shut the **** up.

If you hold Christians to all the ****ed up stuff they've done, this can get really messy.
    Last edited by ralph_i_el; 11-05-2015 at 08:50 AM.

Banned

Kareem and Jim Brown always say stuff like this to Jordan, Kobe and Tiger Woods. http://www.dailynews.com/sports/2013...nt-is-off-base

Kareem and Brown came from a civil rights era.

Jordan, Kobe, Tiger come from a corporate era. I'm sure we can look up the various charity work each men have done through out their careers. Why do they have to do it for the "black cause"? What is the black cause?

Kareem just a grumpy old man who knows he couldn't lead a team to two 3-peats like MJ did. Only one 1 championship during a decade where he won 5 MVPs. Needed the GOAT PG to get the rest of his rings.

Quote Originally Posted by DMV2
    Kareem and Jim Brown always say stuff like this to Jordan, Kobe and Tiger Woods. http://www.dailynews.com/sports/2013...nt-is-off-base

Kareem and Brown came from a civil rights era.

Jordan, Kobe, Tiger come from a corporate era. I'm sure we can look up the various charity work each men have done through out their careers. Why do they have to do it for the "black cause"? What is the black cause?

Kareem just a grumpy old man who knows he couldn't lead a team to two 3-peats like MJ did. Only one 1 championship during a decade where he won 5 MVPs. Needed the GOAT PG to get the rest of his rings.
    Apparently there was slavery or something in the 90s and MJ and Tiger were cool with it.

Championship or bust Cali Syndicate's Avatar

Default Re: Kareem Abdul-Jabbar: Michael Jordan chose shoes over human right

Didn't jab at get most of his earnings robbed from him by his cpa? Usually shit like that alters your perspectives on life. Mj was provided an opportunity to make millions of dollars....most people would do the same. Blame corps for the inhumanity...they're the group making hundreds of billions off marketing to the lower socio economic group and providing a shit work environment for the 3rd world placed factories that produce their goods.

Quote Originally Posted by NumberSix
    Apparently there was slavery or something in the 90s and MJ and Tiger were cool with it.
    If we were in MJ's shoes we'd be neutral with these issues too. It's not his ball game and he definitely didn't feel the need to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by dubeta
    He also chose gambling over his fathers well being.

As you can see, he didn't always make great decisions.

Nor did your mother

Quote Originally Posted by bigkingsfan
    Anytime you lend out your money, you need to keep tabs on it. Lets not sit here and act like Kareem didn't want more money. He just wasn't very good at it.
    Nothing with making and trying to make money, but that's not the point, keep dodging it although I have already exhausted various ways to make it clear to you.

I don't think Jordan loses any sleep over it, Kareem.

By all means though, keep riding that high horse you love so much if it makes you feel better.

Cali Love

Kareem tellin it like how it is...mj that fake ***** don't give 2 shits about the black community or racial issues he probably sees himself as a fullblood Caucasian. He's probably bi sexual too

KAJ the real GOAT

Quote Originally Posted by brownmamba00
    Kareem tellin it like how it is...mj that fake ***** don't give 2 shits about the black community or racial issues he probably sees himself as a fullblood Caucasian. He's probably bi sexual too

KAJ the real GOAT
    What the hell?

Quote Originally Posted by dunksby
    Nothing with making and trying to make money, but that's not the point, keep dodging it although I have already exhausted various ways to make it clear to you.
    Not everyone opinions needs to be heard when it comes to social issues. You seem to prioritize that above maximizing ones pocket, I don't.

Very good NBA starter

Being "responsible" for the "advancement" of your own race must be a terrible thing around your neck.

I feel bad for the black athletes and entertainers who just want to do their own damn thing.

Forced tribalism. Yuck.

Top 1 Bball Mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Magic 32
    Being "responsible" for the "advancement" of your own race must be a terrible thing around your neck.

I feel bad for the black athletes and entertainers who just want to do their own damn thing.

Forced tribalism. Yuck.
    This.

Also, what exactly do Republicans have to do with being against human rights?