Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jordan Clarkson

Default Jordan Clarkson

What's his ceiling? IYO?

AND...

What's his NBA comparison?

Me?
    Best Case- possibly a Poor Mans Kyrie??(Havent Seen Enough)

Worse Case- taller Nate Rob

What do you think?

I post-up midgets magic chiongson's Avatar

Default Re: Jordan Clarkson..

leandro barbosa
    &
    darius morris

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by magic chiongson
    leandro barbosa
    &
    darius morris
    Peak Barbosa would actually be pretty awesome..

He has the potential, it's all about how well handles failure and set backs.

I post-up midgets magic chiongson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ZeN
    Peak Barbosa would actually be pretty awesome..

He has the potential, it's all about how well handles failure and set backs.
    the way he accelerates reminds me of peak barbosa. but yeah that's wishful thinking right now,

the kid isn't afraid to keep on shooting even when missing shots..i blame swaggy p & kobe's influence..mostly swaggy p

Home of the 16

Quote Originally Posted by magic chiongson
    the way he accelerates reminds me of peak barbosa. but yeah that's wishful thinking right now,

the kid isn't afraid to keep on shooting even when missing shots..i blame swaggy p & kobe's influence..mostly swaggy p
    lmao

NBA lottery pick

He's shown some signs of developing into a decent PG. At least there's some upside to this bad season. I'm glad they're giving the young guys a chance to develop now.

Default Re: Jordan Clarkson

Bump.
    (Not considering his play lately)

When we drafted him, I felt we got a steal. Kid had first round talent. He's already played better than Austin Rivers lol

NBA lottery pick

Putting a hypothetical out there. If the Lakers draft somewhere around the #3 spot, do you take Mudiay? Clarkson has been good but it would be tough to pass him up. Anyway around it, the Lakers actually have a few nice young players now in Clarkson and Randle. Add one more hopefully this year and at least we can take a few positives from this season.

Quote Originally Posted by dd24
    Putting a hypothetical out there. If the Lakers draft somewhere around the #3 spot, do you take Mudiay? Clarkson has been good but it would be tough to pass him up. Anyway around it, the Lakers actually have a few nice young players now in Clarkson and Randle. Add one more hopefully this year and at least we can take a few positives from this season.

man. I think you take him or D'Angelo Russel.

Remember, we STILL have Houston's First rounder. We can go ahead and take a SF for the future.

Now, with Randle Coming back, hopefully we can grab Marc Gasol in FA.

C- Gasol
    PF- Randle
    SF- 1st rounder OR FA
    SG- KB
    PG- 1st rounder OR FA

---
    Bench
    PG-Clarkson
    SG- Wayne
    SF- Nick
    PF- Second Rounder OR FA
    C- Ed Davis

Tarik Black

This team, if healthy can compete, seriously IF Clarkson and Randle show major development and can be impact players and IF we can have a rookie of the year impact from the top 5 pick and if we can have the houston pick be an impact player, and we pick up Marc gasol, healthy kobe and pick up another FA, man. This team WILL surprise people.

Quote Originally Posted by MJ(Mean John)
    What's his ceiling? IYO?

AND...

What's his NBA comparison?

Me?
    Best Case- possibly a Poor Mans Kyrie??(Havent Seen Enough)

Worse Case- taller Nate Rob

What do you think?
    Bump??

Where's DK???

NBA lottery pick

As good as Clarkson has been he still looks like just a starter in the NBA. I'm not sure he's a perennial all-star. He wouldn't be putting up those numbers on a better team. There's still room that he can grow though. Great value for a 2nd round pick anyway around it. We'll see what happens.

Clarksons best asset is his mentality. He isn't afraid of the moment. He appears to be a player very receptive to tutelage. He has confidence in himself and plays the same way. He is a 4 year college player, it is expected that he should be a bit more prepared. Overall, very happy with his play. Not sure of his ceiling, but any rookie putting up the numbers he is as a starter even on a poor team is proof enough he is a legit player in this league.

There are rumors swirling they will go for Rondo is they do indeed end up with a bigman in the draft. How do you guys feel about this? I am not in favor of spending a lot on Rondo. He is older and he will command maybe max. I kind of want them to give Clarkson a chance to be the starter. I hope they don't just sign Rondo to make Kobe happy in his last year.

Jordan Clarkson Lakers 2015 Season Highlights Part1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zPMmaUQH2CA

shhhhhhh

I love Clarkson.. honestly I think his ceiling is as high as he wants to go.

Think Kobe lite, I really think we're going to be shocked at how good that kid will be.

Chip on his shoulder, unafraid of the moment seems to have no fear, athletic, a growing court awareness, solid skills for a rookie (probably because he spent 3 years in college) seems to read defenses well, all we've been told he's a hard worker...

he keeps pushing himself, dedicates his time to learning the game he's going to be in an all star game sooner than later

btw Despite spending so much time in the d league and riding the pine early in the season he finished 7th in the ROY voting

NBA lottery pick

He honestly could have finished in the top 5 too. He wasn't better than Payton, Noel, Mirotic, or Wiggins but he was right there in the mix. I think he had a better season than Smart (although Smart will end up being better) and Nurkic.