Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Not airballing my layups anymore phazed out's Avatar

Default Re: If Lebron wins 1 ring...top 10 GOAT?

Quote Originally Posted by Roundball_Rock
    He already is top 20 all=time. If he wins a ring, has 2 MVP's he would be somewhere in the top 15 but reaching the top 10 will take a greater body of work. The real question is not the top 10 but where he will wind up in the top 5. 1st or 5th?

Lebron23, there are not fixed benchmarks for rankings. Jordan became the majority GOAT with 3 rings and 3 MVP's even though:

*Kareem had 6 rings and 6 MVP's
    *Russell had 11 rings and 5 MVP's
    *Wilt had 2 rings and 5 MVP's
    *Magic had 5 rings and 3 MVP's
    *Bird also had 3 rings and 3 MVP's

If Lebron can get to 3 he will enter the GOAT conversation.
    http://i47.tinypic.com/abnpkn.jpg

If he wins this year regular seaon MVP, Finals MVP and a Ring

I would rank him between 14-20 all time...

Just 1 Rational Fan lbj23clutch's Avatar

If he keeps it up and continues to play at a high level and finishes with a ring and finals MVP this year, then I would rank him around top 15 alltime greats.

Learning to shoot layups

Not just defending Lebron, but the whole rings argument is retarded. If Lebron was playing with Chauncy Billups, Pau Gasol, and Amare Stoudemire and they all kept playing well and won the title the next three seasons, that would be 3 rings Lebron won as "the best player" or "first option". So despite his stats not getting any better, he would jump into the top 10 or top 5 based on those 3 rings + stats? While his stats barely have him in top 25?

So GOAT status depends on your management getting you a stacked ass team. Gotcha. Why didn't i think of that.... You guys are too good for me

Quote Originally Posted by AirJordan&Magic
    And you were also the dumbass that said Kobe isn't top 10 because he doesn't have 30,000 points and he has "1 and three half rings". Who uses logic like this?....You were also the idiot that said "Kobe being named the player of the decade is like LeBron being named player of the decade" which is failure at its finest.

And what is that level you idiot? Elgin Baylor had a season averaging 38/17/4...Oscar averaged 30 ppg/ 12 rpg/ 11 apg.....Kobe averaged 35.4 apg, the highest ppg averaged since 1987 and then put up scoring numbers and records only comparable to Wilt, Jordan, and Baylor.

Anyway, in general, you write the most biased comments regarding LeBron and Kobe.
    In general you have no clue what you are talking about. I said that for Kobe to make my top 10 as in exclusively to me (even though half of the board shares the view that Kobe is not top 10 and it is only Kobe fans that think he is) Kobe needs either one more championship or to get that next milestone points wise. And Elgin, Oscar, Wilt numbers are all great and they should not be penalized for putting up the best numbers they could in a weak and fast paced era, but they are not that mid blowing when you do consider the pace. LeBrons adjusted numbers for the same season Oscar put up the TD is 40/11/10. Even MJs numbers while great his best season statistically his team was last in the league in pace, great feat all things considered, but in todays league his teams pace would be the 4th fastest in the league. Not trying to take away from them, but everyone says the Suns system inflates stats because of their pace, well everyone of those players played at very fast paces compared to todays league.

The only two players to have multiple seasons of 30/7/7 are Oscar and LeBron (If LeBrons points hold up), the only two players to have 6 seasons of 27/7/7 are Oscar and LeBron, the only two players to have 7 straight years to start their careers of 20/5/5 are Oscar and LeBron. There are many other stats that point to LeBrons season being a great one, actually just the raw statline says that, but stats like PER that takes pace into consideration is the best one to compare players from different eras other than just raw stats and watching the games.

Back to the original question LeBron will not be a top 10 GOAT if he wins a ring, but with a 2nd MVP and a ring and a finals MVP he moves up to 15-20, simplay astounding the movement that he could have in one seasons work.

LeBron is not top 25 yet to anyone I hope. That really under rates a ton of players. LeBron should be around 40 on everyones AT list not 20.

1 ring.....I say he has to win two tops...

He will be the best of all time with 5 rings
    Book it

I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease MakeHistory78's Avatar

No.....
    Top-15 Yes.
    LeBron is the best player in the world today and he is the best I've ever seen since 1998!

But with 1 ring he isn't a Top-10 player!After his 2nd Ring yes!
    Oscar Robertson(1 ring) is Top-10 because his stats was amazing!

Depends on how he wins those rings...

Quote Originally Posted by TheLogo
    Given that Lebron is a very dominant player....if he only wins one ring or two rings would he jump pass everyone to the top 5 GOAT?

It's been 7 years of dominance, his individual stats says it all....now he can win a max of 2 rings and would surpass the Shaqs, Duncans and Kobes.

Where Kobe isn't as dominant but he has won 4 rings to crack the top 10 when Lebron is so great, he can just win 2?

Thoughts?

so another kobe-hating thread, breaking news...

Quote Originally Posted by rfm767
    Kobe fans are the most insecure fans in the world along with Jordan fans...

Quote Originally Posted by Lebron23
    4x NBA Regular Season MVP
    3x NBA Finals MVP
    3 or more NBA Scoring title

= top 5 player of all time.
    Won't argue with that, but can he really accomplish this?

Quote Originally Posted by rfm767
    There's nothing in the post you quoted that can possibly be misconstrued as Kobe hate...

I don't get picked last at the park anymore

man...Lebron is the most physically gifted player I have YET to see. Skill wise he's just above average. If if wasn't for his physical gifts we wouldn't be discussing this at all. He's gotta do more than win 1 ring to be consider top 10. A lot of players have come and go that were freaks of nature but they aren't considered that high. I think Lebron has to do something no one has done before to be considered top 10.