Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: Wolves shopping Wiggins

Get him on a quality organization with a stable head coach and I bet they could make him into a decent player.

Wiggins might be the worst player in the league. So yeah whoever compares him to one of the best scorers in the history of the game is retarded.

I don't know what would anyone give up for Wiggins that can also match his salary.

Yeah that Melo comparison is complete shit. I hate the dogging melo has taken on the back end of his career. He was legit one of the top 5 players in the league a few years. Will wiggins even have a single year at that level?

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PeroAntic
    Wiggins might be the worst player in the league. So yeah whoever compares him to one of the best scorers in the history of the game is retarded.

I don't know what would anyone give up for Wiggins that can also match his salary.

Andrew Wiggins salary isnt hard to match in this league.

Chandler Parsons for Wiggins works...straight up. Wiggins for Batum works...straight up. Otto Porter made MORE money than Wiggins this year. They work in a straight swap. Im not suggesting any of those deals...im just letting you know that in todays league 25-27 million isnt shit.

Its a good role player contract for a stupid team. Lot of those "WTF?" salaries out there to easily match anyones 25 million. Guys you barely heard of make 15.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer DMAVS41's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855
    Andrew Wiggins salary isnt hard to match in this league.

Chandler Parsons for Wiggins works...straight up. Wiggins for Batum works...straight up. Otto Porter made MORE money than Wiggins this year. They work in a straight swap. Im not suggesting any of those deals...im just letting you know that in todays league 25-27 million isnt shit.

Its a good role player contract for a stupid team. Lot of those "WTF?" salaries out there to easily match anyones 25 million. Guys you barely heard of make 15.

Remember all those people saying the Wolves won the Wiggins/Love trade.

Quote Originally Posted by Meticode
    Remember all those people saying the Wolves won the Wiggins/Love trade.
    That's actually the 1st thing that came to mind when i read the topic......

People nba fans have to google made 18 million last year.

Nobody getting 25-27 a year is hard to match money for. You just trade one bad deal for another. Evan Fornier made 17-18. Ryan Anderson 21. Bazemore 17. Timbug jr 17. Alan Crabbe 19. Barnes 24.

This is just another case of being stuck with old standards.

25 million is high end role player money going forward. From shitty organizations at least. 20 million looks like the going rate for anyone who isnt falling over his own feet. And most of those deals were signed with a 94 million cap. The cap is projected at 119 in 2020.....

Get ready for 9/8 off the bench to get you 90 million dollars.

Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855
    People nba fans have to google made 18 million last year.

Nobody getting 25-27 a year is hard to match money for. You just trade one bad deal for another. Evan Fornier made 17-18. Ryan Anderson 21. Bazemore 17. Timbug jr 17. Alan Crabbe 19. Barnes 24.

This is just another case of being stuck with old standards.

25 million is high end role player money going forward. From shitty organizations at least. 20 million looks like the going rate for anyone who isnt falling over his own feet. And most of those deals were signed with a 94 million cap. The cap is projected at 119 in 2020.....

Get ready for 9/8 off the bench to get you 90 million dollars.
    I agree, as you know, and seriously...all in good fun / conversation, but these are the exact points I was making over the last couple years that you seemed to reject.

Did I say it was a good idea to pay role players 100 million? I said it happened....mostly because of poorly run franchises. Run down the list of guys I just mentioned. Any world beating teams give those contracts?

There will always be Knicks and Wizards and Hawks and Magics giving out obscene money. And now that they have even more to spend its even more common.

It doesnt help you win clearly. But it does make it easy to move your own big contracts. Which was the only point.

In a world shit franchises give Bazemore Peyton Manning money everyone can be moved.

Yea, I agree in most cases...

Just disagree in the specific case we talked about and like you say...if there is no realized opportunity cost...moving / matching contracts is trivially easy as this is the new norm.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 1987_Lakers's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by UK2K
    I said a couple years back before he was drafted he was the next Melo... An inefficient chucker who could play defense, but won't.

Here we are.

Dude made sure to get paid before becoming a lazy piece of shit, at least. Solid planning on his part.
    I made better player comparisons than you when I was 17. Carmelo = Wiggins? Wtf.

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=98053

I made that thread in 2008, and they both ended up having similar careers, just different styles.

I once laughed at someone saying Covington for Wiggins. And the jokes on me. That

Funny thing is hes still worse than all these bums kblaze mentions. Bazemore, Crabbe, Barnes, Batum... I wouldnt trade any one of them for Wiggins if I was the GM, unless Im getting some picks too.

Otto Porter is ****ing light years ahead of Wiggins as a player.

Decent college freshman Duderonomy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PeroAntic

CP3 and Tucker for Wiggins and Dieng