Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: ISH Logic: Feel free to add

Quote Originally Posted by gts
    1: No it's not, that's nonsense, guys take a lot of heat for being first round washouts, certainly a lot more than Lebron has for losing in the finals

2: those above mentioned players didn't promise the city a title then leave, those above mentioned players didn't arrive in their new town and promise not 1 not 2 not... then bolt for a team with a better roster at the first sign his team was aging.. they stuck it out put pressure on management to improve the roster around them

3: Magic and the Lakers went to the finals 9 times and he ended up with a wining record in the finals over the stronger eastern teams, Lebron can easily erase this notation on his legacy by having a winning record
    You make valid points, but I honestly disagree about the first one. Is anything else on this site more criticized or brought up as often as LeBron being 2/5?

shhhhhhh

Quote Originally Posted by SouBeachTalents
    You make valid points, but I honestly disagree about the first one. Is anything else on this site more criticized or brought up as often as LeBron being 2/5?
    consider the source of those comments.. effing idiots

edit: I'll add you can't just make a blanket statement, you have to take things in to context, there is no black and white rule to follow...
    But like I said it's hard to make it to the finals, the history of the league is littered with really good players that never sniffed the finals once, and we need to appreciate/acknowledge those that have led their team there..

the game is really simple, ball hole, win game or go home.. all this breaking down numbers to the nth degree to raise or lower a players standing/legacy are just a way to kill time or bring more people into the conversation or make those in it feel comfortable talking about players they never even saw play... which is fine
    Last edited by gts; 02-28-2015 at 04:50 PM.

#1 in ish logic: LeBron James is the greatest basketball player to ever play because he plays in my era and I never watched Jordan or Kobe play so surely LeBron is GOAT.