Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: Laker News: Pau Gasol

MJ, I haven't done the numbers, but doesn't that deal take us out of the running on free agents? And clearly doesn't make us a contender. the only team I see getting a benefit is the Rockets
    Maybe I'm missing something???

NBA lottery pick Lakers_Kobe_Fan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MJ(Mean John)
    I'm on the fence with Gasol. Sometimes, I feel he has a lot left to give, a legit 20/10. Sometimes, I feel he has stones tied to his sneakers and has 3 years of playing left. At 20 mil? damn.

IF ONLY, (and I'm turning on my Homer Laker fan unrealistic trade idea pretend GM. I never do this, but heres my joke)

If we traded Pau Gasol, Steve Blake

With the rockets, Pelicans.

Lakers Get
    Lin
    Asik
    Parsons

Rockets get
    Pelicans 1st rounder
    Lakers 2nd rounder
    Ryan Anderson
    Steve Blake
    Get rid of horrible asik/lin deal

Pelicans get
    Pau Gasol

Trade Nash's ass to Toronto. Get lowry. lol.

The problem with this years lakers, is that we have a bunch of guys that can fill multiple spots, and they're all on 1 year deals, min contract guys. they're all playing so hard that you don't know who you want to keep.

We will be..

Lin/Farmar/Nash/ Marshall
    Kobe/meeks/young
    Parsons/Young/
    Wesley Johnson/ Jordan Hill / Ryan Kelly
    Asik/ Jordan Hill/ Robert Sacre

And Williams, Kaman really won't get burn. Maybe we can flip them, since they've played decent. Get a second rounder for someone looking for a wing, or a big man. Maybe package them both, get a second rounder. They have cheap contracts.

[COLOR="White"](I've been drinking)[/COLOR]
    I would love to get parsons with Lin/Asik but I dont think we will get parsons...

Nash wont net us lowry..I am ok to part with Hill/Meeks/nash to get lowry/amir johnson

lowry/lin
    Kobe/X
    Parsons/Swaggy P
    Amir Johnson/Kelly
    Asik/Sacre/kaman

I am open to trading Asik to Philly for Hawes/evans too....

I honestly think what we need is rebounding maniacs + a little bit defense on the interior

Mile Plumlee has 20rebounds on gasol/kaman's/JHills a$$ the other day lol

Quote Originally Posted by DKLaker
    MJ, I haven't done the numbers, but doesn't that deal take us out of the running on free agents? And clearly doesn't make us a contender. the only team I see getting a benefit is the Rockets
    Maybe I'm missing something???
    Yeah, I was thinking properly last night. lol, was just upset with Pau. Haha. Ultimately I was reading articles that said that Lin/Asik would be better than anything we could get on the market.

I really wouldn't want to take those 2 with salary that adds, because it isn't worth it for us. The possibility of adding A max guy, changes our team. Those 2, not so much. It was just a way for us to get parsons but he's not even a superstar. I read an article where someone was saying Kobe's injury might be a blessing in disguise. I.E. Getting a high draft pick that would be a great player that comes cheap. Adding a healthy rested KB, a max level player (Aldridge) and adding another good player around 6-8 mil, then resign pau, nick young, Meeks, etc

Yeah. So now, I wouldn't do that deal. Better off letting Pau's deal just run out if he doesn't want to re-sign.

I'm really curious to see what we do with the cap space.
    Last edited by MJ(Mean John); 12-26-2013 at 04:03 PM.

Yeah, I was thinking properly last night. lol, was just upset with Pau. Haha. Ultimately I was reading articles that said that Lin/Asik would be better than anything we could get on the market.

I really wouldn't want to take those 2 with salary that adds, because it isn't worth it for us. The possibility of adding A max guy, changes our team. Those 2, not so much. It was just a way for us to get parsons but he's not even a superstar. I read an article where someone was saying Kobe's injury might be a blessing in disguise. I.E. Getting a high draft pick that would be a great player that comes cheap. Adding a healthy rested KB, a max level player (Aldridge) and adding another good player around 6-8 mil, then resign pau, nick young, Meeks, etc

Yeah. So now, I wouldn't do that deal. Better off letting Pau's deal just run out if he doesn't want to re-sign.

there is no clear cut max guy out their...Lebron is not coming...everybody else is not worth it...even Melo...he is horrendous on offense and defense this yr..

wade with knees is done
    bosh doesnt fit and wont sign with the lal
    Dirk Nowitzki aint coming here

we are left with Deng,Ranger and bunch of rookie restricted FA like bledsoe, Monroe who will have their offers matched

get Asik/Lin and go after love/LMA/Rondo and bunch others in next yr's fa's

That must have been some real good stuff you were drinking MJ

Pau is making me sick. game on the line and a guy driving to the basket and he puts in a horribly feeble attempt at a block.
    This way this whole team is coached makes me sick, they are so lacking in fundamentals, discipline, competitive fire, organization and grit. It all comes from the top. the style of basketball they play is just silly.
    One guy shoots and the other 4 sprint the other way Against a great fastbreaking team this is one thing but we do it all the time. Screw that crap, we need to rebound hard when we miss a shot, especially trailing late when every possession is critical. I am a HUGE rebounding guy, I want a basket every time down court so a 1 shot and done, run away is something my teams never do.

Sure, keep Pau around just to make him miserable....just so his fans can look at him being miserable, just so his clueless coach can play him the wrong way on a team that is going absolutely nowhere.
    He would be a complete moron to re-sign with us if 'Antoni is the coach......so why not trade him to a team who will actually play him in the post?
    Come on..........did anyone see that old movie called "Misery" with Kathy Bates and James Caan? Great movie.
    I think Pau will do great if he has a PF/C teammate who works hard, a great nose for the ball, collecting rebounds. Someone who don't demand for the ball to feel valued and effective. Has a decent hook shot and don't play to the crowd and talk crap with the reporters....
    oh wait, they have Jordan Hill, never mind.

I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease Lakers91's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tamaraw08
    I think Pau will do great if he has a PF/C teammate who works hard, a great nose for the ball, collecting rebounds. Someone who don't demand for the ball to feel valued and effective. Has a decent hook shot and don't play to the crowd and talk crap with the reporters....
    oh wait, they have Jordan Hill, never mind.
    Problem being I don't see Hill really as a power forward he's a center and I see that as Pau's natural position given when he was power forward the last two years and D'Antoni doesn't really cater to either he prefers a stretch 4 and a pivot, neither of those are that consistently, in an ideal world it would be Pau and Anderson (or Hill and Anderson) but that won't happen. Hill is a great energy guy but I don't think D'Antoni will ever give him consistent minutes but he's an energy/hustling guy so he's not going to consistently provide a lot offensively so maybe that's why he isn't playing as much or maybe the coach just has favorites he's averaging about 20 minutes for the roster maybe he should get a bit more but that's just down to personal opinion/preference whether he should. The good thing about Hill though is he knows his limitations he doesn't want to have a heap of backing down in the post and post moves, he occasionally does but he's not going to sulk and demand when he doesn't or when he's jsut the energy guy and rebounder he seems happy with that, given he's bounced around a bit I think it's good to have someone who's happy with whatever they are given which he seems to be happy being in the NBA and whatever he gets in terms of points or shots etc is a bonus (not quite to that extent, exaggerating a little but oh well).

Quote Originally Posted by Lakers91
    Problem being I don't see Hill really as a power forward he's a center and I see that as Pau's natural position given when he was power forward the last two years and D'Antoni doesn't really cater to either he prefers a stretch 4 and a pivot, neither of those are that consistently, in an ideal world it would be Pau and Anderson (or Hill and Anderson) but that won't happen. Hill is a great energy guy but I don't think D'Antoni will ever give him consistent minutes but he's an energy/hustling guy so he's not going to consistently provide a lot offensively so maybe that's why he isn't playing as much or maybe the coach just has favorites he's averaging about 20 minutes for the roster maybe he should get a bit more but that's just down to personal opinion/preference whether he should. The good thing about Hill though is he knows his limitations he doesn't want to have a heap of backing down in the post and post moves, he occasionally does but he's not going to sulk and demand when he doesn't or when he's jsut the energy guy and rebounder he seems happy with that, given he's bounced around a bit I think it's good to have someone who's happy with whatever they are given which he seems to be happy being in the NBA and whatever he gets in terms of points or shots etc is a bonus (not quite to that extent, exaggerating a little but oh well).
    After the allstars last year, when everybody got healthy I believe Howard with Gasol, plus Kobe and Nash won 28 of 40 games, thats a 70% winning clip with a center like Howard playing along side Gasol who BTW is pretty flexible with his good medium range and high IQ.
    Memphis that past 5 years did pretty good with 2 low post players.
    Pops with DRob and Duncan, Twin Towers with Houston a couple of decades back, heck even with Kareem with players who have limited skills like Rambis etc.

After the allstars last year, when everybody got healthy I believe Howard with Gasol, plus Kobe and Nash won 28 of 40 games, thats a 70% winning clip with a center like Howard playing along side Gasol who BTW is pretty flexible with his good medium range and high IQ.
    Memphis that past 5 years did pretty good with 2 low post players.
    Pops with DRob and Duncan, Twin Towers with Houston a couple of decades back, heck even with Kareem with players who have limited skills like Rambis etc.
    Pau having a good mid range or 15-18ft shot is horse sh!t...

When they won 28 out of 40 kobe was telling Pau to go in the post and operate from their... These 2 totally ignore Dwight Choward & Mike D'Antoni system

Nash had to suck it up and b a jump shooter because he could barely sprint let alone have the ball in his hands

Quote Originally Posted by Lakers_Kobe_Fan

When they won 28 out of 40 kobe was telling Pau to go in the post and operate from their... These 2 totally ignore Dwight Choward & Mike D'Antoni system

Nash had to suck it up and b a jump shooter because he could barely sprint let alone have the ball in his hands
    Ok....all of that is pure TRUTH!!!!

NBA lottery pick

Yeah, that was the part of the season the guys dropped the system and started doing their own thing to get to the playoffs. Of course being healthy helped them out too

Ok....all of that is pure TRUTH!!!!
    Its nice that you two folks are getting along.
    but My point remains. Pau CAN PLAY with another center.
    Pure truth that Pau can't make 15 footers in his career?
    What, he played like Shaq, attempted 95 % of his shots within 6 feet?
    Yes, he has a pretty good left and right hooks but checking on his shot chart under Phil a few years back. He ave around 50% shooting from top of the key to the right elbow from beyond 15 feet.

So when Kobe told Pau to go to the post, where did Dwight go? the shower room?
    They TOTALLY IGNORED Howard?, why don't you back it up with stats.
    Last 20 games or so, Dwight averaged around 14 attempts/game, roughly the same attempts that Pau took around that time.

Quote Originally Posted by dd24
    Yeah, that was the part of the season the guys dropped the system and started doing their own thing to get to the playoffs. Of course being healthy helped them out too
    I agree with most of your opinions but a team dropping a system and just simply doing their "own thing"? seriously?
    Beating really good teams like OKC, Warriors, Spurs etc by just doing their own thing? HUH.

NBA lottery pick

I agree with most of your opinions but a team dropping a system and just simply doing their "own thing"? seriously?
    Beating really good teams like OKC, Warriors, Spurs etc by just doing their own thing? HUH.
    Own thing being their own system (not 'antoni's) and yes it was working for a while there at the end.