Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: Why did the bulls let nate robinson go ?

Quote Originally Posted by Go Getter
    Adding Dunleavy is bigger than losing Nate imho. I think the coach's son is going to be one of those under-the-radar signings that nets big results.
    I tried talking up the significance of Dunleavy on here, but it falls on deaf ears. People want to talk about Rose's return or Butler's emergence, but no one really understands the impact that Dunlavy can have on a team in need of a reliable shooter and good decision maker which he is. Good defender too.

Quote Originally Posted by poido123
    I tried talking up the significance of Dunleavy on here, but it falls on deaf ears. People want to talk about Rose's return or Butler's emergence, but no one really understands the impact that Dunlavy can have on a team in need of a reliable shooter and good decision maker which he is. Good defender too.

People love to hate Duke guys (and now we have 3 on our team, haha)

I agree with you...in addition he is a tall wing and he can handle the rock a bit which helps our transition O and takes some pressure off our PGs.

If he can stay healthy and fill in at SG and SF, giving us some shooting and mistake-free play, I think he could be the X-factor [or one of them].

He also seems like a good practice guy for Snell and Murphy to emulate.
    Last edited by Go Getter; 10-05-2013 at 10:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by niko
    Because he's a pain in the ass to control and to get to do what you want on a day to day basis. They got tired of him. Everyone does.
    Kinda like Jr Smith?

Rose, deng, and Boozer arent that much cheaper than Lebron, wade, and Bosh.

Quote Originally Posted by kurple
    Kinda like Jr Smith?
    Not at all. JR gets into trouble outside. He's not an annoyance, and his teammates don't hate him at all. The other Knicks love him, as does Woodson. JR is stupid but it's all off court stuff.

Nate annoys his coaches and his teammates. Nate's not stupid, he has some sort of emotional issues and concentration issues. He used to ask to be issued roommates on the road because if he was alone he got so bored he couldn't stand it. He can be told the simplest thing (don't talk to celebrities during the game was one in NY) and he can't do it because he'll forget in his excitement.

Have fun with him in Denver. He's a good player, and I personally think he's a real nice guy (nobody was nicer to the fans in NY - he was down 100%). But he's a pain in the ass and he'll wear out his welcome, is Denver special? He did it everywhere else.

Why does EVERY team he signs with lets him go?

Because he's a low IQ chucker, who provides little else beyond instant offense? He provided us what Ben Gordon did. An undersized SG who can score in the low to mid 20s on hot nights. Occasionally above that even on really hot nights, while providing little else impact wise outside of scoring. Robinson could actually pass way better than Ben Gordon, but it wasn't his mentality. Besides that, much like Gordon himself, his worth is over valued and therefore would demand money he most certainly wasn't worth.

If you paid attention, Nate Robinson didn't go off on great defenses like Miami in the playoffs the way he did against shoddy defense in the Brooklyn Nets the round before. And the Bulls were actually playing better when Hinrich was in the lineup over Robinson. Hinrich actually ran the offense like an intelligent PG should, and played superb defense. The second he was injured and was gone, the Nets actually started to make the series competitive. Why? Because Nate can't guard anyone, and Deron started playing much better than he had previously while Hinrich was guarding him.

He had some nice performances as a spark off the bench. But he's still a 5'7 SG, who chucks, has low IQ, is not shy about any shot ... and really isn't conducive as a main cog in a championship caliber basketball machine. He's a supplemental player at best off the bench, but his performances on occasion almost demand he be paid more than he should.

The Bulls letting him go makes perfect sense. With Rose back, he isn't needed at all. Certainly not at his price tag he would demand after some of the games he had in the first round v.s. Brooklyn. If he didn't demand so much money, he would've been a great fit off the bench with Hinrich to relieve Rose and Butler.

#Dre Day in Sac Town andremiller07's Avatar

I also been saying that since they got him he could very well be as important as Deng (Noah and Rose are #1/#2 in no particular order), I also reckon Snell has a good shot @ making a good career. Bulls are excellent @SG/SF right now and heading into the future.

Quote Originally Posted by andremiller07
    I also been saying that since they got him he could very well be as important as Deng (Noah and Rose are #1/#2 in no particular order), I also reckon Snell has a good shot @ making a good career. Bulls are excellent @SG/SF right now and heading into the future.
    I agree.

I take my hat off to Dunleavy, he could of commanded more money in the open market than the 3 mill/year we gave him. He's a winner and wants to be a part of a hardworking team.

Bulls fans are kinda disgraceful, you guys wouldn't have seen the second round without this guy. He rose to the challenge and delivered big time and now people want to shit on him about him being "not as good" or " hard to control".

Then I see knicks fans defending JR Smith but bashing Nate.....

oh lord

Quote Originally Posted by Just2McFly
    Bulls fans are kinda disgraceful, you guys wouldn't have seen the second round without this guy. He rose to the challenge and delivered big time and now people want to shit on him about him being "not as good" or " hard to control".

oh lord
    Nate wanted money so he had to go

JR is way better than Nate btw. Stop it

Quote Originally Posted by Just2McFly

oh lord

I love Nate and he did a real good job of filling in for Rose and played quite well for SOME of the games in the playoffs.

Now, you're going to flame the Bulls fans for agreeing to send him on his way? He is nothing more than a streaky scorer with ok passing. He wanted more money than we could give him. We already have 3 Point guards and keeping Nate means we would of had 4. Rose essentially does everything Nate can do and better.

Am I missing something here?

If you follow other sports, maybe you should stick to that because you don't seem to know shit about basketball.

Nuggets/Avs/Broncos. NuggetsFan's Avatar

Streaky scorer, buckets off the bench kinda guy. He's a headache but as a Nuggets fan kinda use to it. Won't be any worse than J.R Smith. Only reason the signing for Denver really makes sense is because of how much we suck at 3's and he shot like 40% last year from deep?

Plays with alot of heart and gets up for the bigger moments. Always tried to go at Lawson whenever they played. Not THAT inefficient because he hits the 3 ball and isn't a complete turnover machine.

Had a really solid season last year, not a guy you can't live without. You can replace that production. Captain Kirk and Dunleavy can make up for it.

HomieWeMajor
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

I think the Bulls should have kept him and played him at Small Forward after trading Deng

I love Nate and he did a real good job of filling in for Rose and played quite well for SOME of the games in the playoffs.

Now, you're going to flame the Bulls fans for agreeing to send him on his way? He is nothing more than a streaky scorer with ok passing. He wanted more money than we could give him. We already have 3 Point guards and keeping Nate means we would of had 4. Rose essentially does everything Nate can do and better.

Am I missing something here?

If you follow other sports, maybe you should stick to that because you don't seem to know shit about basketball.
    You call Hinrich a point guard, anyone with eyes can see that he's DONE.

Stop with the shitty ass insults just because you're mad your team is too cheap to keep their good players.