NBA lottery pick

Default Jennings Out 3 Weeks

Pistons announce Brandon Jennings out at least three weeks with impacted wisdom tooth and hairline fracture of mandible at base of tooth.
    http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nba-ba...4457--nba.html

It looks like Jennings will miss at least the first 4 games. Anybody that has had anything done to their wisdom teeth know this is pretty painful. At least it's a fairly short time to be out. I guess this really puts the starting lineup for game 1 into question. I could see Bynum potentially starting with Billups at SG. It also gives KCP a chance.

Default Re: Jennings Out 3 Weeks

The Detroit Pistons announced today that guard Brandon Jennings will not play in the team

NBA lottery pick

A lot of times a hairline fracture is worse than a break. I wonder if it's like that with the jaw. Hopefully this isn't something that lingers.

Local High School Star Aussie Dunker's Avatar

I wouldn't expect Bynum AND KCP both starting, I think we could even see Billups and Singler starting in the back court to start...

NBA lottery pick

I think it's safe to say Billups will be starting. That other spot is definitely up for grabs still though. If Bynum keeps playing that well with Drummond he'll definitely see his fair share of PT. You can tell already they are making Drummond more of a focal point this year (as they should).

Local High School Star Aussie Dunker's Avatar

First two games

Grizz - Tony Allen
    Celts - Bradley

Billups can hold his own against these two on defense,

Next couple of games,

Pacers - George
    Warriors - Iggy / Thompson

Might need Singler or KCP's length on these matchups...

Brandon Jennings will miss at least three weeks with a wisdom tooth fracture, meaning he will be out for the rest of the preseason and the beginning of the regular season.

Jennings is slated to be Detroit's starting point guard, playing in tandem with veteran Chauncey Billups.

-- Milwaukee Journal Sentinel