Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default If you were Kawhi Leonard, where would you sign next season?

Imagine being Kawhi Leonard. Where would you WANT to sign next season?

And... why? Because the "right" answer also depends on what a player's personal goals are (Championships, or money, or a specific city to live in, or 15 other things...)

NBA rookie of the year

Default Re: If you were Kawhi Leonard, where would you sign next season?

Toronto. They welcomed Kawhi and helped him rehab and become a champion once again. Kawhi can defend his crown next season.

I feel like he has a pass. A major pass, and it's odd but he definitely has it.

If another superstar joined up with AD and LBJ they would be ridiculed but with Kawhi it's okay.

Now imagine this: Kawhi won a title with Toronto and is considering LEAVING. If another superstar did this they would be ridiculed for that.

And to top it off, he joined a 60 win Raptor team so not exactly a terrible team to hop on and win with. Again, if another superstar did this they would be ridiculed for that.

Lastly, the Warriors were depleted and injured to no end. Yet, no one cares. No one seems to cry about it (not too much, anyway). If another superstar did this they would be ridiculed for that.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Jasper's Avatar

As strange as this sounds, THE WARRIORS.

If KD walks and Klay stays , he now has a team for 3-5 years that could compete for a chip.

You sure can't say that in Toronto unless they over haul .

Warriors would become his team , because they have learned that KD expected it , and the franchise didn't buy into it.

Sounds like a cup cake move , but it isn't , and Leonard can be back in CA.

I would sign wherever the **** I wanted... like SJ2 says, he has a pass.

He won in SA... he just won in Toronto... he can do whatever he wants. Sure, if he goes to the Lakers, people will chirp about it... but at the end of the day, this isn't a KD situation where he hasn't already been validated. He has. He has nothing to prove. Not really.

He can do whatever he wants.

If I were him, I would do whatever I wanted... and that probably involves the Clippers or the Lakers for the weather and the bitches.

Quote Originally Posted by Jasper
    As strange as this sounds, THE WARRIORS.

If KD walks and Klay stays , he now has a team for 3-5 years that could compete for a chip.

You sure can't say that in Toronto unless they over haul .

Warriors would become his team , because they have learned that KD expected it , and the franchise didn't buy into it.

Sounds like a cup cake move , but it isn't , and Leonard can be back in CA.
    The Warriors will never be anyone's team while Curry is on the team. If anything we've learned that with the 2017 and 2018 titles. At the end of each championship year, KD was hoisting those Finals MVP trophies and the fans gave CURRY love. The fans don't even want KD on the team and if most were able to choose they would no doubt choose Curry over Durant.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 3ball's Avatar

3 steps:

1)Take a small pay cut, like 1 million, and rally a couple teammates to do the same.. then rally some local businesses to make it up in endorsements

2) Use the pay cuts and existing cap space to fortify roster and repeat as champs...

3) Hire a "Clutch-like" marketing team to hire shills in the media - use them to spread the narrative that Kawhi's 3 rings without colluding and wins over Lebron/Curry/AD make him > Lebron/Kobe

#formulaforgreatness

Quote Originally Posted by Shogon
    I would sign wherever the **** I wanted... like SJ2 says, he has a pass.

He won in SA... he just won in Toronto... he can do whatever he wants. Sure, if he goes to the Lakers, people will chirp about it... but at the end of the day, this isn't a KD situation where he hasn't already been validated. He has. He has nothing to prove. Not really.

He can do whatever he wants.

If I were him, I would do whatever I wanted... and that probably involves the Clippers or the Lakers for the weather and the bitches.
    Good call my brother

If I were Kawhi I'd choose the Lakers and ride into the sunset with an epic dynasty.

It would be 3-peat city all over again in L.A. with LeBron winning his 4th FMVP in 2020, followed by Kawhi winning his 3rd FMVP in 2021, and finally Davis earning his 1st FMVP and 3rd ring in 2022.

Make. it. happen. baby.

Clippers. Toronto could definitely be better this year but their roster is really in the air next yr with a bad free agency class. Gasol, Lowry, green, and ibaka aren’t young and resigning all of them is tough. Lakers are a great immediate title opportunity but could hurt his legacy and get criticism. Even if he’s their best player during the rs, ad or bron winning fmvp could easily mean him getting less credit than Durant or curry did with gs. Also how long is bron going be a great contributor or even just stay around. Kawhi+ad is pretty good tbf but the rest of the roster being good seems heavily hinged on one guy in kuzma who be on a big contract once bron is gone. Forming a new big 3 after is difficult.

Meanwhile he could definitely bring another max or near max type guy if the clips unload gallo and thts a top tier contender for years. Lou and Harrell are on bargain deals and they have some promising young players too

Quote Originally Posted by 3ball
    3 steps:

1)Take a small pay cut, like 1 million, and rally a couple teammates to do the same.. then rally some local businesses to make it up in endorsements

2) Use the pay cuts and existing cap space to fortify roster and repeat as champs...

3) Hire a "Clutch-like" marketing team to hire shills in the media - use them to spread the narrative that Kawhi's 3 rings without colluding and wins over Lebron/Curry/AD make him > Lebron/Kobe and right behind mj/magic/Larry as the goat non-bigs

#formulaforgreatness
    I have better steps'

1) Lose in the 1st round three times before acquiring Scottie
    2) Proceed to lose 3 more years in a row to Detroit even with Scottie
    3) Retire for no reason and play baseball
    4) Come back and lose in the 2nd round
    5) Retire again after beating the weakest Finals team in NBA history (10.7 ppg #2 option)
    6) Come back again and miss the playoffs 2 years in a row

#TheJordanStandard

Join up with KD somewhere . Half ass it next season . Then when kd comes
    Back win t all.
    I would say clippers or Knicks. If he was loyal which he is not he would stay in Toronto.

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by SpaceJam2
    Good call my brother

If I were Kawhi I'd choose the Lakers and ride into the sunset with an epic dynasty.

It would be 3-peat city all over again in L.A. with LeBron winning his 4th FMVP in 2020, followed by Kawhi winning his 3rd FMVP in 2021, and finally Davis earning his 1st FMVP and 3rd ring in 2022.

Make. it. happen. baby.
    You do know how pathetic this sounds. Your guy literally couldn't make the playoffs last year, lucks out in getting AD (although losing a bunch in the process) and now you're shrilling for a third superstar? At what point do you begin to try to rehabilitate your dignity?

Go back to the Spurs or another Texan team and pay less Taxes in Texas.

Stay in Canada. but the problem there is, he seems to be stalked all the time by everyone there now. cant have is own time.

Or go back home to California. it would be funny if he ended up in Golden State

If you combine the following three things:

1. Where Kawhi has expressed interest in playing.

2. The best opportunity to win multiple additional titles.

3. The best place for his brand.

Then it has to be the Lakers, keeping in mind that he and AD can play together years after Lebron retires, and LA is known for attracting star talent.

Edit: I forgot Kuzma can be part of the long term Kawhi/AD dynasty. Talk about someone who has no pressure any longer. Kuzma can just develop while possibly three stars take all the spot light.
    Last edited by Marchesk; 06-29-2019 at 11:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 3ball
    3 steps:

3) Hire a "Clutch-like" marketing team to hire shills in the media - use them to spread the narrative that Kawhi's 3 rings without colluding and wins over Lebron/Curry/AD make him > Lebron/Kobe

#formulaforgreatness
    Another One
    Another Win