Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Default Re: Pistsons Claim Referees Favor Dwyane Wade

Well yeah it's true Wade had to do a lot just to be considered elite, but that's not unexpected when you're playing with someone who's arguably a top-10 player of all-time. I can see how that could be frustrating because at the same time everyone was on LeBron's d!ck and his "youngest to" records when actually, he didn't really do anything. But now he's arrived. The media talk about him all the time. You can't talk about LeBron or Kobe without talking about Wade. Even in MVP talks you always hear his name. Last year LeBron barely got mentioned. But this year, Wade has a shot at finishing 2nd or 3rd. He'll probably have more votes than Dwight, who's leading his Magic to a 60+ win season, while putting up great stats (21/14, 58 FG% and 3 blocks). He may end up with more votes than Kobe, or even LeBron who knows ? So yeah he wasn't getting much love before, but not anymore.

Ive been a Pistons fan since the 80s and I personally have no problem with the outcome of the game for a few reasons.

Detroit was up by as many as 9 in the 2nd half (11 in the first half), and they let the lead go. Regardless of good/bad calls every team that faces a player like Wade knows the types of calls that will be made down the stretch, thats where a good coach comes into play so plays can be drawn up to avoid a situation giving the ref a chance for a blown call. Also, Stuckey had no business trying to drive on Wade in that situation. Why would you drive right at the best defender on the opposing team (Not to mention the best defender is also the guy who gets the favortism) when the game is on the line. Tayshaun had been backing Moon down the entire 4th at will so wouldnt it make more sense to allow Prince to back Moon down again and most likely draw McDyess' man leaving him open for a 17 footer (which hes been hitting all year)? Right theres 2 scoring options that keep Wade away from ball so a call cant be made. If the double doesnt come to Tayshaun theres no doubt he could back Moon down to about a 5-7 foot baby hook, if the double does come it would probably come from McDyess' man especially if hes 15+ feet out.

If Curry were any kind of a coach I think he would have drawn up some type of a play (Not the same one I mentioned necessarily) for a clean look. Even if it were a 3 or a lob or anything really except for taking our smallest guy on the court one on one against their best defender at the basket.

I dont believe in one play making a differnce...I know some people will say "It was more than just that play", but if Detroit won then not one of the people saying that would complain about the other calls so it does essentially come down to that one play that made the difference.

In all honesty Im kinda glad about the loss because I want Orlando in the 1st round. The way Bostons been playing I think Orlando has a legitimate shot at finishing 2nd and Id much rather see Orlando who we're 3-0 against this year than Boston who we're 1-2 against this season.

The Holy Trinity

Quote Originally Posted by Indian guy
    Who the **** is talking to you? I've no interest in engaging in anything meaningful with you...you're nothing beyond a whiny Wade groupie with an annoying agenda. And I find it hilarious that you're so oblivious to that. I also don't give a **** about what you think of other Cavs fans on this board. I'm not a Cavs fan. I'm a LeBron fan. Speaking of Cavs fans though, you might respect them, but they sure as **** don't see you the same way. To them you're nothing beyond an agenda-driven Wade groupie who's posts on this board have always revolved around 2 things - either sucking Wade's dick or pmsing about LeBron.

What's pathetic is that YOU think you're in some position to call somebody else a groupie.

And @ me masquerading as a Bulls fan. Yeah, I've lived pretty much my entire life here in Chicago, have a huge collection of old Bulls games and haven't missed a Bulls game in years. But since I also happen to be a fan of a superstar player on a different team...I can't possibly be a Bulls fan . Stick to sucking Wade off.
    And with that, congratulations, because you have just become the first to make it to my ignore list. But, wait, you actually are getting two prizes in one. You're also my the first on my report list. You see, I don't mind a diss, but when you can't even do it intelligently without all that gutter talk, it makes me realize that you don't have the prerequisite IQ to contribute to the board. So, I'm actually performing a public service here.

Oh and one more thing-- when you try to talk tough and you use emoticons to emphasize what you're saying-- that doesn't make you come off very tough...

Not airballing my layups anymore

Quote Originally Posted by juju151111
    Same can be said about kobe and LJ.
    I say Wade gets more calls. And I think a lot of that has to do with his style.

shhhhhhh

Quote Originally Posted by swyftdahoe
    I say Wade gets more calls. And I think a lot of that has to do with his style.
    you would be partly right
    actually howard and lebron get more calls wade is in 3rd and kobe 7th, it's all about style of play where you play and where the shots are being taken...

FT attempts
    1. Dwight Howard-ORL 732
    2. LeBron James-CLE 667
    3.Dwyane Wade-MIA 650
    7.Kobe Bryant-LAL 482

I think I saw a stat recently, it was FTA per minute. It looked like this :

1. Dwight Howard
    2. Kevin Martin
    3. Corey Maggette

Damn Corey Maggette and his superstar calls.

National High School Star gpfanz's Avatar

Refs favour Lebron, Kobe etc so..?

Quote Originally Posted by Mikaiel

1. Dwight Howard
    2. Kevin Martin
    3. Corey Maggette
    All superstars...

Dunking on everybody in the park 206kid's Avatar

Here we go again now that Wade is doing good the ref excuse is back.
    Just face it Lebron, Kobe, MJ all of them got calls.

Future D1 Dad

while i do believe they are biased towards wade, curry didn't help his team at all by getting ejected at the end of that game. they were only down by like 1 pt at the time.

Kobe is the assassin KobeRules24's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jrong
    Wow, a poster by the name of KingLeBronJames starts a thread designed to make Dwyane Wade look bad. Will wonders never cease? I expect supportive followup posts will soon appear from KobeRulez and Mavericks4eva!....
    it's no secret that referees are in love with D-wade (658 Free Throw Attempts) Kobe (482 Free Throw Attempts) doesn't get superstar/preferential treatment that often anymore. Look at this play by Kobe against the bulls last Saturday, wade would've gotten that continuation call.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ol8tlnVyZwI
    Last edited by KobeRules24; 03-24-2009 at 03:32 PM.

The Holy Trinity

Quote Originally Posted by KobeRules24
    it's no secret that referees are in love with D-wade, Kobe doesn't get preferential treatment that often anymore. Look at this play by Kobe against the bulls last saturday, wade would've gotten the continuation call.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ol8tlnVyZwI
    I have to apologize to you, my friend. I had no idea that somebody had a screen name similar to the imaginary one I made up in my post. I was just making up names of posters that would be liable to stoke a thread like this. No disrespect intended.

Kobe is the assassin KobeRules24's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jrong
    I have to apologize to you, my friend. I had no idea that somebody had a screen name similar to the imaginary one I made up in my post. I was just making up names of posters that would be liable to stoke a thread like this. No disrespect intended.
    lmao, no problem dude i'm not offended

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by Mikaiel

1. Dwight Howard
    2. Kevin Martin
    3. Corey Maggette
    lol K-Mart? no wonder he always getting injured..he needs to hit the weight room.