Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Banned

Default Re: The best player in 2009 Nba Draft

Quote Originally Posted by wang4three

In all seriousness though I have never seen such a big gap from a first to second pick...

NJ Net Fan For Life. wang4three's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kebab Stall
    This guy, to me, has more potential than Griffin. Griffin is definitly the better player right now, but give Monroe a couple more years and he'll be right up there.
    He's a fantastic player. I'll take him over Griffin. I want him to keep slipping till he falls into the Nets lap. A Lopez/Monroe frontline will be amazing.

I also like Earl Clark (one of my favourite players). He's a very versatile player and is incredibly talented. He can run the floor extremely well, he's agile, he's quick and he's as long as anyone. He's got great length. If he measures 6'9, I really wouldn't be surprised, the guy looks like a gangly mofo out there. If he could develop some high post moves (I feel playing in the high post suits his game more, than playing in the low post does), then he should be a fine NBA player.

I don't think he is quite a top 5 player yet, but who knows, with this draft class, he could go any where.
    Tweener forward. He'll need a team that can do well with those. I look at the Knicks because they're doing a hell of a lot with David Lee. In a pick and roll situation, Earl can be a mini-Amare for D'Antoni.

Quote Originally Posted by Godfather

In all seriousness though I have never seen such a big gap from a first to second pick...
    You will remember the name Gerald Henderson. His biggest problem right now is he's horrible at going left, but if he learns how to equalize it, he'll be the best swingman prospect of this draft.

Banned

He's a fantastic player. I'll take him over Griffin.

Tweener forward. He'll need a team that can do well with those. I look at the Knicks because they're doing a hell of a lot with David Lee. In a pick and roll situation, Earl can be a mini-Amare for D'Antoni.
    Greg Monroe doesn't have the instinct, talent, or skill to ever be better than Blake Griffin. That much is obvious to me and a majority of teams...

^^^That's great, but being the best swingman prospect of this draft isn't saying much...

Greg Monroe doesn't have the instinct, talent, or skill to ever be better than Blake Griffin. That much is obvious to me and a majority of teams...
    I've seen plenty of both players to suggest otherwise. I've talked to plenty whose opinion I respect to suggest otherwise, those in the business.

^^^That's great, but being the best swingman prospect of this draft isn't saying much...
    This thread is obviously about the best players in the 2009 draft. So for this thread's topic, it is relevant.

Banned

I've seen plenty of both players to suggest otherwise. I've talked to plenty whose opinion I respect to suggest otherwise, those in the business.

This thread is obviously about the best players in the 2009 draft. So for this thread's topic, it is relevant.
    Come on do you honestly think Gerald Henderson is a top 10 player from this draft?

Be honest...

ILL WILL RUNS NYC WhySoInsecure?'s Avatar

09 draft is shiet. As a matter of fact the only reason why i wanted the knicks to make the playoffs was to give their pick away to utah.

I like Blake but after him there's nothing more than role players.

Harden is looking more and more like another Cuttino Mobley.

I called Thabeet going 2nd when the season started and that's looking very likely but he'll be lucky to be a poor mans Mutombo (and i mean broke)

Jordan Hill has some potential but it would shock me if he ended up like Wilcox. If it all goes well we'll get Nene jr.

Jennings has been a joke is high school and he will be in the nba. He's skinny and quick but he's not much of a passer and a so so scorer. He'll just end up being someones problem. (minnesota?)

Monroe has his groupies on this board but right now he's too soft to play in this league. He's got the Channing Frye syndrome and should stick around for another year or 2 of college. Like a Blake Griffin he needs to get the experience of having the ball go through him and taking his team deep in the tournament.

The guys i like in this draft are: Griffin, Aminu, Warren, Henderson and Flynn.

Come on do you honestly think Gerald Henderson is a top 10 player from this draft?

Be honest...
    Ofcourse I do. I've never seen Rubio or Jennings play so I won't comment on them. I watch a lot of college ball, anyone in the college forum can attest to that. My entire night is constructed around the Davidson-St. Mary's game and watching Patty Mills vs. Stephen Curry. But all of that is just irrelevant.

I made a mistake though. Harden will be the best swing from the draft, technically, though I just do not think Harden will spend any time at the small forward slot, at least not as much as Henderson will.

Banned

Ofcourse I do. I've never seen Rubio or Jennings play so I won't comment on them. I watch a lot of college ball, anyone in the college forum can attest to that. My entire night is constructed around the Davidson-St. Mary's game and watching Patty Mills vs. Stephen Curry. But all of that is just irrelevant.

I made a mistake though. Harden will be the best swing from the draft, technically, though I just do not think Harden will spend any time at the small forward slot, at least not as much as Henderson will.
    Then you should know Evan Turner, though lacks in overall strength, posses far greater skill than Henderson...

Do you think he is a top 10 player too?

Roy Hibbert Super Star InspiredLebowski's Avatar

He's a fantastic player. I'll take him over Griffin. I want him to keep slipping till he falls into the Nets lap. A Lopez/Monroe frontline will be amazing.
    No way he gets past Indy if he slips that fall, and I'd dance in the streets if it happened. And I'm a crap dancer. The kid CAN be amazing, but he's just lackadaisical at times. That was one of my knocks on Hibbert though and that hasn't been apparent at all here. That'd be a studly G-town frontcourt.

Then you should know Evan Turner, though lacks in overall strength, posses far greater skill than Henderson...

Do you think he is a top 10 player too?
    I love Evan Turner and I love the Big 10, but no he does not possess far greater skill than Henderson. He's not shown me the ability that can shoot, dribble, or finish around the rim as well as Henderson. Evan's shown me he can take over games like Gerald, but not as consistently. He's a player though, another season and he can make him a serious player.

I mean, honestly, "far greater"? How can anyone use that superlative when comparing Henderson and Turner?

Banned

I love Evan Turner and I love the Big 10, but no he does not possess far greater skill than Henderson. He's not shown me the ability that can shoot, dribble, or finish around the rim as well as Henderson. Evan's shown me he can take over games like Gerald, but not as consistently. He's a player though, another season and he can make him a serious player.
    He is as good of a shooter (long and midrange), just as good of a dribbler (uses both hands very well), and has little less to the rim ability (because of his strength), but his rebounding (big difference), passing, and overall leadership ability are all above Henderson.

If you are going to knock to Turner's consistency ask yourself this question...Where was Gerald Henderson the entire first half of the season?
    Last edited by Godfather; 03-23-2009 at 07:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by InspiredLebowski
    No way he gets past Indy if he slips that fall, and I'd dance in the streets if it happened. And I'm a crap dancer. The kid CAN be amazing, but he's just lackadaisical at times. That was one of my knocks on Hibbert though and that hasn't been apparent at all here. That'd be a studly G-town frontcourt.
    Only 1 win separates us and we're missing Devin. I'm also rooting that TJ Ford vs. Jarrett Jack to be serious so you guys take Stephen Curry or someone else.

Give me the Thabeet, I hate overhyped guys. Guys outside the #1 pick are always the better players nowadays. Primary example. Thabeet is a staple to a team who will provide good size and defense. offense is something easier to develop rather than defense.

Durant > Oden
    Roy > bargnani
    Rose/Mayo > Beasley

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by danumber88
    Give me the Thabeet, I hate overhyped guys. Guys outside the #1 pick are always the better players nowadays. Primary example. Thabeet is a staple to a team who will provide good size and defense. offense is something easier to develop rather than defense.

Durant > Oden
    Roy > bargnani
    Rose/Mayo > Beasley
    Rose is a #1 pick...

Poor examples otherwise when comparing this draft though...

There is a clear difference between the first (Griffin) and secondary picks in Durant/Oden's draft there were many making cases both ways, while in 06 no one was the clear favorite.