Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Local High School Star

Default What player besides Kyrie could you have put next to LeBron and still win?

Maybe Paul George, KD,Anthony Davis, James Harden ... idk? What do you think?

Default Re: What player besides Kyrie could you have put next to LeBron and still win?

Haters making more and more tweaks to exactly how and who LeBron-ball can affect negatively.

Couple years ago it was "LeBron can only elevate the play of role players, while turning fellow studs INTO role players".

Default Re: What player besides Kyrie could you have put next to LeBron and still win?

Any player ranked between Mathew Dellavedova and Kyrie Irving

Curry: 0x Finals MVP SilkkTheShocker's Avatar

LeBron can play with anyone. Playing the same lineup with Wade should have proved that by now.

Local High School Star

Default Re: What player besides Kyrie could play w. LeBron and still have beat GSW?

My thread title was misleading, my real question is: What other player could've taken Kyrie's place this year next to LeBron and beat this year's warriors?

This year, two stars beat a team with three and a ton of great role players. If you'd told me that the Cavs would win with only LeBron and Kyrie scoring well, I would've laughed. What other player can step up the way Kyrie did?

I mean, Paul George is a great choice for sure. I could only imagine him and LeBron sharing the court together...

This thread should be interesting, as we know how little respect Kyrie gets

Quote Originally Posted by moongaze
    This thread should be interesting, as we know how little respect Kyrie gets
    Irving has gotten a ton of love since the postseason.

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by ScalsFan21
    I mean, Paul George is a great choice for sure. I could only imagine him and LeBron sharing the court together...
    I can see that. I look at PG and Kyrie so similarly. They're both just outside my top 10, but only due to technicalities. There aren't more than 3 or 4 players I'd rather have in a playoff situation, but their regular season stats are somewhat underwhelming given their abilities. Also, they both idolize Kobe, and they're the only two that remind me of Mamba's smoothness on the court. I could see PG coming up huge and just having a few 40 point games and making all sorts of impact defensive plays.

Anthony Davis is just so good, he can score on any defense at will when he gets going and he can block shots. James Harden gets clowned, but he had some great games against GSW last year. Still, his style doesn't match well with LeBron's and his jumper is streaky.

Quote Originally Posted by SilkkTheShocker
    Irving has gotten a ton of love since the postseason.
    He has but he's been underrated and hated on for a long time. Even his finals and playoff performance has gotten a lil overshadowed and downplayed.

Quote Originally Posted by CTbasketball92
    I can see that. I look at PG and Kyrie so similarly. They're both just outside my top 10, but only due to technicalities. There aren't more than 3 or 4 players I'd rather have in a playoff situation, but their regular season stats are somewhat underwhelming given their abilities. Also, they both idolize Kobe, and they're the only two that remind me of Mamba's smoothness on the court. I could see PG coming up huge and just having a few 40 point games and making all sorts of impact defensive plays.

Anthony Davis is just so good, he can score on any defense at will when he gets going and he can block shots. James Harden gets clowned, but he had some great games against GSW last year. Still, his style doesn't match well with LeBron's and his jumper is streaky.
    To be totally honest, Paul George I have somewhere in my 7-9 range. I just think the two-way wing who can shoot and slash is too valuable in today's game to ignore. I consider him a distant dark-horse for MVP this year if he can get the Pacers to a high seed in the East, which is doable this year. He has some things he could improve on, but he's basically a worse-defending, less efficient Kawhi who has more range. If Leonard/Westbrook don't get MVP and LeBron coasts, PG13 could make a run at it for sure.

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by ScalsFan21
    To be totally honest, Paul George I have somewhere in my 7-9 range. I just think the two-way wing who can shoot and slash is too valuable in today's game to ignore. I consider him a distant dark-horse for MVP this year if he can get the Pacers to a high seed in the East, which is doable this year. He has some things he could improve on, but he's basically a worse-defending, less efficient Kawhi who has more range. If Leonard/Westbrook don't get MVP and LeBron coasts, PG13 could make a run at it for sure.
    I agree. I think PG13 is a superstar, and he's got a good team now to be honest. I could see 55 wins. He's more slippery than Kawhi Leonard. I expect Westgod to win the MVP though.

Quote Originally Posted by moongaze
    He has but he's been underrated and hated on for a long time. Even his finals and playoff performance has gotten a lil overshadowed and downplayed.
    It got overshadowed a little because LeBron had one of the all-time great Finals. But Irving has gotten a ton of love for what he did the last 3 games of the series, and having one of the most historic Finals shots of all-time. Saw a thread the other day asking whether people think he could be MVP one day.

4 ring - 4 FMVP - 4MVP J Shuttlesworth's Avatar

Pippen for sure

Lillard