Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    NBA lottery pick

Default Re: Rebuilding the Lakers

Quote Originally Posted by qrich
    A coin-flip essentially, and they won't overtake Philly for the worst record in the league, no way.

Clarkson will also be paid, while the fourth pick is on a rookie deal. Currently projected in the 4 range, according to numerous sites include Jakob Poetl, Brandon Ingram, Jaylen Brown, Skal Labissiere. Highest I've seen Murray is 9th.

In that case, Crawford should have a ton of value. Afterall, he is superior and is non-guaranteed next year!

Sure they did, a six and seven spot drop, the Nets 2018 pick and the Grizz 2018 1st, which was heavily protected (Top 12 protected in 2018,Top 8 in 2019, Top 6 in 2020, unprotected in 2021, to be conveyed 2 years after 1st rounder is conveyed to Denver).

He might be expiring, but 15mil is too much to pay an average big.
    Top 3: Simmons, Ingram, and skal. Sixers won't draft Poetl. Brown is the next Jason Richardson. Bender is the only prospect that would make sense over Clarkson. Even with the money involved. Clarkson in MDA's offense will easily put up 20/7/5 on good efficiency. He isn't a volume chucker. Dude is very efficient.

Lee makes the same amount as Hibbert. Hibbert can play a few minutes when rim protection is needed.

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green
    Don't forget to ask Ainge if he has any pretty daughters.
    Randle would be the number 1 option on the Celtics by the end of next season. He is averaging 15 and 12 per 36 this season(his 1st season) 20 and 12 playing with Celtics next season is very realistic.

Quote Originally Posted by Ca$H
    Randle would be the number 1 option on the Celtics by the end of next season. He is averaging 15 and 12 per 36 this season(his 1st season) 20 and 12 playing with Celtics next season is very realistic.
    Current players averaging 20/12:

Oh man, none. Chris Webber did it ONCE. Elton Brand never did. Zach Randolph did once. Pau Gasol never did. Blake Griffin still hasn't. Anthony Davis still hasnt.

Yet, Julius Randle is going to do something accomplished consistently by fours like Garnett and Duncan in his third year?

Top 3: Simmons, Ingram, and skal. Sixers won't draft Poetl. Brown is the next Jason Richardson. Bender is the only prospect that would make sense over Clarkson. Even with the money involved. Clarkson in MDA's offense will easily put up 20/7/5 on good efficiency. He isn't a volume chucker. Dude is very efficient.

Lee makes the same amount as Hibbert. Hibbert can play a few minutes when rim protection is needed.
    I've seen Skal mainly in the 3-5 range, and as low as 7. Ingram's mainly been in the 2-6 range. Brown is higher on most mocks than those two. Either way, a mock is a mock.

Putting up 20/7/5 in MDA's offense isn't eye popping. Namely considering the 6ers will, most likely, be a 20-25 win team. Maybe 30.

Lee can provide scoring and rebounding when needed as well.
    Last edited by qrich; 12-12-2015 at 05:39 PM.

Draft in the top 3, develop the young guys, try to make a splash at FA.
    There's no quick rebuild when you don't have a great player to begin with, unless the Lakers get a top FA to come to LA the process is slow and will depend on pick well and developing.

Down on the road, though, I feel the Lakers should maybe pursuit a trade for Clarkson. He and DLo have very like skill sets, I don't know if they will work together.

Please clap. Real Men Wear Green's Avatar

Randle would be the number 1 option on the Celtics by the end of next season. He is averaging 15 and 12 per 36 this season(his 1st season)
    He is averaging 11.8 points on 43% shooting. I am slightly amused that you think this level of production is worth 3 first round picks, one of which is a lock to be in the lottery. As for the possibility that he would be the cornerstone of the Celtics offense, well, no he would not. To expound on the obvious:
    20 and 12 playing with Celtics next season is very realistic.
    No it isn't. How many players in the NBA are doing 20 and 12 right now? Here's a hint: 0. You think that somehow the Celtics would abandon their current offense for the sake of a guy that doesn't score many points in an inefficient way. No, they would not. I like Randle. I think he would have a role if he was here. Maybe starting, maybe not. But he's not a star. He would be another guy that the Celtics played who is not a star. The Celtics have a rotation full of guys that are not stars. They are not going to trade three first round picks for another such player when any one of those three picks could be Randle's equal and the Nets pick could be someone with real star potential.

And then you think the Cs would also bring in Hibbert's carcass. As if they didn't somehow give up enough in this terrible deal of yours.

Decent college freshman

Honestly, I'd call the 6ers, see if they'd be interested in a Noel for Clarkson and making the pick #1 protected. Maybe get them to throw in Robert Covington, The Thunder pick and the Nuggs second. Add in a Williams/Landry swap if Lakers want to dump Lou's third year.

Then, let Russell-Covington-Randle-Noel play crunch minutes, get used to the Ws, and make the pick as worse as possible. Or keep losing, we know the NBA'll rig for the Lakers to get the #1 pick due to hating what Phila is doing.
    To which pick are you referring?

I think Noel/Covington/OKC first/DEN second is too much for Clarkson (and I was really high on JC going into the 2014 draft and still am a fan). Especially considering he's gonna get paid this summer.

Learning to shoot layups

Mitch need to call up Utah and offer randle+clarkson+salary match for favor or gobert.

Russel + favor/gobert + top3 + capspace/free agents = great championship foundation.

If Utah says no, throw the same offer for Noel or WCS. Lakers need a mobile defensive big to run with Russell. Randle just doesn't do it for me. Tired of watching him dribble and lay bricks.

- draft Ben Simmons.
    - sign Whiteside, KD.

get a ring.

Local High School Star

Clarkson is fools-gold and is only getting buckets because he plays for the Lakers. If he played for a good team, he'd be averaging like 8-10ppg.

That's not worth a top 5 pick.

Local High School Star

Trade Clarkson to sixers for return of lakers 1st round pick.

Trade Randle and Hibbert to celtics for 2016 Nets unprotected 1st, 2016 Mavs top 7 protected 1st, and 2016 celtics lottery protected 1st, and fillers- Lee and Jerebeko(expiring).

Trade Lou Williams and Brandon Bass to pistons for Jennings(expiring).

Hire Luke Walton. Absorb Iggy and Bogut's expiring contracts in a salary dump(warriors will chase after Durant). Sign Evan Fournier and Motiejunas.

Draft Ben Simmons, Jakob Poeltl, Denzel Valentine, and Grayson Allen.

Russel/Valentine
    Fournier/Allen
    Iggy/swaggy P
    Simmons/Montiejunas
    Bogut/Poeltl
    Hate to tell you, but that team right there isn't winning more than 30 games.

Quote Originally Posted by midatlantic09
    Hate to tell you, but that team right there isn't winning more than 30 games.
    yeah, coming from a lakers fan, the team he suggested sucks. lol

there will be no rebuilding until Kobe is gone

Lakers need to be patient and get lucky by drafting a transcending player in the next 2 drafts, continue to develop their current youth, and attract a young hungry FA with star potential.

The Lakers have a few assets but it remains to be seen if they are corner stone pieces, perennial all - starts, or something else entirely. Getting a generational player accelerates the rebuilding process but relying on acquiring transcending talent in the draft might leave you in the same situation as Philly. From 2010 - 2015 how many players drafted would you consider to be foundationial pieces???

Wall
    Cousins
    George

Irving
    Thompson
    Butler???

Davis
    Lillard

Antetokounmpo

Wiggins

How many of the above players are generational talents, MVPs, or Lead guys on a title team???

To be fair it might be too early to tell but it shows the impact that perennial level players can make on rebuilding teams. In the Lakers situation I feel it is additionally beneficial if they are lucky to draft that type of player because of its ability of attract FAs.

The Lakers definitely need to attract star talent from the FA pool but there track record hasn't been great; Howard, washed up Nash, washed up Payton, an older Malone. To be fair they also never had the cap room that they have going forward. However, the Lakers still need to do a better job of targeting potential young hungry stars to pair up with their other young talent rather than paying for name recognition.

Finally keep developing the youth and future young lakers build up trade value and be ready to move on from some young projects. As a Celtics fan I remember a lot of us were enamored with our collection of young talent from 05-07 but looking back i feel the Lakers can use that as an example of stock pilling youth and making trades for stars while holding on to other important young role players (Rondo, Allen, Davis, Powe).

Quote Originally Posted by SwishSquared
    To which pick are you referring?

I think Noel/Covington/OKC first/DEN second is too much for Clarkson (and I was really high on JC going into the 2014 draft and still am a fan). Especially considering he's gonna get paid this summer.
    The pick the Lakers owe the 76ers, which is currently top 3 protected.

Noel alone for Clarkson is too much, at least to me since I love Noel's defensive game.

NBA sixth man of the year Levity's Avatar

Noel alone for Clarkson is too much,.
    absolutely. if it wasnt, noel would have been in purp and gold by now