Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Kevin Durant to the knicks? WOW WOW WOW

Quote Originally Posted by NuggetsFan
    Pretty sure Durant will go to LAL. He's a free agent at the same time that the ridiculous Kobe contract is over.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarcastic
    What do you think he gave Fisher the job and not Kerr.

Kerr turned Phil down, not the other way around.

Please clap. Real Men Wear Green's Avatar

If Durant wants to join the Knicks then you have something. Knicks want Durant? So do 29 other teams.

Quote Originally Posted by KyrieTheFuture
    Not sure why people don't take this more seriously. You don't think Durant is interested in playing for Phil under an owner who isn't afraid to spend? OKC has given him nothing but shitty coaching and a cheap FO
    The Knicks have no assets. The only way they can build a contender around Kevin Durant is literally signing an entire team through free agency.

It's not impossible, but it's hard lure superstars and role players to an empty team, especially after the dysfunction the Knicks have exhibited lately.

Phil's gonna need a damn good plan to create a healthy Knicks team, whether it includes Melo, Durant, or someone else. I guess Phil is the person to do it.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Quote Originally Posted by Heavincent

Kerr turned Phil down, not the other way around.

Well there is what you believe and the truth. Phil actually lowballed Kerr and didn't give him the years he wanted. Kerr took the money and years from Golden State. He was ready to take the Knicks job if Phil had given him what he asked for. Instead Phil gave it to Fisher.

In 2016, Durant is re-signing with the Thunder or going to the Lakers. The end.

Top 1 Bball Mind.

Hope Phil isn't overestimating himself.

Well there is what you believe and the truth. Phil actually lowballed Kerr and didn't give him the years he wanted. Kerr took the money and years from Golden State. He was ready to take the Knicks job if Phil had given him what he asked for. Instead Phil gave it to Fisher.
    Your first sentence says it all. There's slit of different angles that are all true. Allot of people say Phil had to come with a better offer after losing his first choice losing the second would have been a huge pr hit.

I'm glad you said lowballed though, because I got killed for saying that- when in reality it is a lowball offer when you then offer another guy with the same amount of experience much more.

Quote Originally Posted by Droid101
    In 2016, Durant is re-signing with the Thunder or going to the Lakers. The end.
    Just like it was a sure deal that Love was going to LA??

Kerr took the money and years from Golden State.
    And you know, they actually have a good team in place, unlike the Knicks.

National High School Star KDthunderup's Avatar

lol Phil is becoming delusional with age

Quote Originally Posted by russwest0
    lmao, phil can't even keep melo, let alone get durant

though just imagining KD in the East is

he'd laugh his ass off all the way to the finals

I gotta be honest....I don't think Phil even cares if Melo stays dude. I get this vibe that he's not the type of player Phil wants leading the charge.

Dunking on everybody in the park

Quote Originally Posted by KyrieTheFuture
    Not sure why people don't take this more seriously. You don't think Durant is interested in playing for Phil under an owner who isn't afraid to spend? OKC has given him nothing but shitty coaching and a cheap FO
    Kevin Durant has nothing to work with?

He has a top 10 player, possibly top five, who is 25 years old next to him. RW just averaged 27 points, seven rebounds, eight assists and two steals in the playoffs and outplayed KD for a decent amount of the playoffs.

Ibaka is one of the best defensive big men in the league and has one of the best midrange games in the league. A perennial 15 point, 8-10 rebounds, three blocks and 55% fg. He's only 24 years old. A top 30 player.

OKC also has one of the best sixth men in Reggie Jackson, a promising rookie in Steven Adams, who is only 20 years old; and that doesn't even include two first round picks this year, a $6.6 million trade exemption, their mid level exemption, several good young European players and one of the top three GM's in the league.

NY has nothing to offer by comparison. All they've been is a sad and pathetic franchise for years and this is just a pipe dream.
    Last edited by SOD 21; 06-24-2014 at 10:31 PM.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by oh the horror
    I gotta be honest....I don't think Phil even cares if Melo stays dude. I get this vibe that he's not the type of player Phil wants leading the charge.
    Kinda what I've been thinking. I think Phil knows that Melo isn't a legit 1st option, hence getting him to take less to add other stars.

Plus Phil has tact, he's not going to make the franchise look like a jilted lover if Melo bolts.