Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    NBA rookie of the year Kurosawa0's Avatar

Default Re: LeBron to the Heat, a b*tch move!

Quote Originally Posted by niko
    Lebron is choosnig to be Pippen instead of Jordan. For the league's marguee
    player, that's just sad.

Note: Heat fans don't come and argue. You don't need to apoligize, be happy, dance around, enjoy. It's like being a yankee fan arguing how fair it is that you get every player. It's not, but that's NOT your issue. The team that gets the benefit should be happy. The rest of us can discuss.
    The difference would be that Jordan always got the ball at the end of the game and I dont' think that would be the case for Wade. I think they put the ball in LeBron's hands and let him be kind of a Magic Johnson.

I rule the local playground game385's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kurosawa0
    Well, would teaming up with Wade and Bosh really give LeBron more help than Magic or Larry had? Kareem had won championships before Magic got there and no one cares about that in terms of Magic's legacy. People will remember the winning and the great team more than anything. Hypothetically anyway.
    Its different when you're talking about an inside and outside player.

Decent playground baller

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop_Cat
    If they failed to make the NBA finals even once in their primes with this line-up, LeBron's legacy would be destroyed.
    LeBron's legacy would be destroyed even if he wins 4 rings in a row. How could you be the GOAT if you can't win without the best players on the league? Imagine Wade stealing a pair of Finals MVP from him Lebron was clearly upset with Wade winning the 2010 Allstar MVP!

That's why I think Lebron isn't going to sign with the Heat.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurosawa0
    The difference would be that Jordan always got the ball at the end of the game and I dont' think that would be the case for Wade. I think they put the ball in LeBron's hands and let him be kind of a Magic Johnson.
    Unless Wade sucks or gets hurt or something and Wade carries them the story will be. Lebron finally won his championship. Expected to be the dominant force on a title winning Cavs team, instead Lebron was finally able to reach the top only by joining forces with two other dominant players. Wade was able to get his second title.

As opposed to "Lebron finally joins the pantheon of immortals as he leads the cavs (knicks, etc.) to a title".

One makes him look godlike, one makes him look like part of a great team. If he joins Miami, i doubt he understands that.

No one can convince me differenly, because when it looked like Boston might win, the talk was "kobe is not that great, he can't do it as the leader of a team, only the follower" despite the fact he won once without Shaq.

Quote Originally Posted by plowking
    Agreed. Trading nothing for Pau Gasol was fair.

But players signing to a team isn't fair.
    Did anyone complain when the Lakers traded Caron Butler for Kwame Brown?

Not airballing my layups anymore Tez62's Avatar

Magic's Laker team was pre-expansion, and they had to go through another dynasty team in Boston. There's not much of a comparison here.

Quote Originally Posted by MaxFly
    Did anyone complain when the Lakers traded Caron Butler for Kwame Brown?
    AWWWWWW! MAN YOU JUST OWNED THAT GUY!

5 things I wanna point out.

1. Lebron's legacy will take a huge hit.

2. Should be interesting to see Heat fans who always called Kobe second fittle to Shaq, I wonder who they will call the second fittle on this team?

3. Wilt teamed up with West when they were way older for a last run.

4. Cavs fans(Lebron Fanboys) will crawl back into the whole they cam out of.

5. Heat arena will finally be filled.

Decent college freshman InfiniteBaskets's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by G-Funk
    5 things I wanna point out.

1. Lebron's legacy will take a huge hit.

2. Should be interesting to see Heat fans who always called Kobe second fittle to Shaq, I wonder who they will call the second fittle on this team?

3. Wilt teamed up with West when they were way older for a last run.

4. Cavs fans(Lebron Fanboys) will crawl back into the whole they cam out of.

5. Heat arena will finally be filled.
    Do you think showtime lakers fans were going back and forth debating the rankings of their players amidst their celebration of multiple championships?

I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease

Quote Originally Posted by InfiniteBaskets
    Do you think showtime lakers fans were going back and forth debating the rankings of their players amidst their celebration of multiple championships?
    No, because it was already known and accepted who the #1 guy was

Ppl need to stop comparing a lebron/wade combo to any other MODERN superstar combo - never before in modern era (I say 80s and beyond) have 2 legit #1 option superstars paired together to form a team.

Can't say kobe and shaq because even if kobe had #1 talent, no one at the time considered him the top dog alongside shaq. Bird was the undisputed #1 on his team. Same for Magic. Obviously the same for MJ.

Quote Originally Posted by bsyde82
    No, because it was already known and accepted who the #1 guy was

Ppl need to stop comparing a lebron/wade combo to any other MODERN superstar combo - never before in modern era (I say 80s and beyond) have 2 legit #1 option superstars paired together to form a team.

Can't say kobe and shaq because even if kobe had #1 talent, no one at the time considered him the top dog alongside shaq. Bird was the undisputed #1 on his team. Same for Magic. Obviously the same for MJ.
    What you say only holds true for NBA fans and critics. True Heat fans won't care who's the number 1 option. I didn't care whether it was Timmy Hardaway or Alonzo Mourning taking the final shot. I didn't care whether it was Wade or Shaq taking over a game. And I'm not going to care if it's LeBron or Wade taking the final shot, as long as we win.

Quote Originally Posted by InfiniteBaskets

That doesnt apply to the threepeat Lakers? my point is that even though Lebron will be the most dominant(stats wise). It won't make Wade's role any smaller. so why does it apply to Kobe?
    Last edited by G-Funk; 07-07-2010 at 01:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by G-Funk
    That doesnt apply to the threepeat Lakers?
    Did true laker fans care more about the #1 option or that they were winning championships?

NBA rookie of the year ginobli2311's Avatar

what is all this talk of super team?

the lakers are a ****ing super team right now and have been for the last 2 years.

kobe/gasol/bynum/artest/fisher/odom with phil jackson......LOL...that is a ****ing super team.

by the way.

kobe/gasol/bynum is only slightly worse than wade/lebron/bosh. you people are seriously under-rating gasol and bynum. what gasol and bynum bring to the table in terms of winning in the playoffs is extremely valuable.

sports public and fans confusing spectacular with great time and time again.

in a 7 game series the lakers would be favored actually if riley didn't take over. if its riley vs phil then the heat would be slight favorites.

Quote Originally Posted by bsyde82

Kobe was a normal second fiddle? after being the first defensive option averaging 28ppg and being the game finisher? Sorry to break the news to you but Kobe was already a top dog, he was an All-star and was considered one of the best closers and players in the NBA and was already being compared to Jordan.
    Last edited by G-Funk; 07-07-2010 at 01:53 PM.