Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Default Re: Kobe Expected To Sign 3 Year Extension Worth $85 Million

Quote Originally Posted by Jordandunk23
    somebody offers me 30 mil im taking it... ... you could make that same argument..in these times, you get the most money you can...
    Refer to post below yours...It's his position moneywise, he has more money than what he could poke a stick at, maybe he could pass this money to his 8th generation of Bryant's perhaps? this isnt just Kobe let me stress that, Im sure Lebron will milk it too

Quote Originally Posted by LJJ
    There is absolutely nothing wrong with that. If the Lakers are willing to pay Bryant that amount, it's not wrong at all for him to accept. The Lakers are probably earning more money than that because of him anyways.

It would be a problem though if he starts to whine about his teammates again when he doesn't win a championship next season. Then it would be like: "No shyt, there is only 30 million left to fill the team, which is completely on you".

But we'll simply have to wait and see for that. If he is willing to take that salary and bear the consequences it's not a bad thing.
    I understand that point of view, but I'm more referring to an individual players responsibility and general humility...

Bol'd over

Quote Originally Posted by CantStop
    If it's offered, you take it. Dipsh!t. Why should Kobe play the banker role? He did his part by winning the ship. Pay the man.
    And when they lose, you will be the one complaining that Kobe has no help, that the front office didn't put players around him. I will rebutt that comment in advance; They couldn't afford to due to what they were paying Kobe.
    The offer may be there, but he doesn't need that much to continue living his cushy lifestyle. You play to win and the love of the game, the fame and money is a bonus, not the focus.

I know there's some seriously poor neighbourhoods and homeless people that could only dream of a smidgin of that money, granted many of them would blow it on booze and cardboard boxes, but money like this would be able to provide better halfway shelters and more money to the minimum wage of Americans, tell me they think Kobe should get a pay day like this

Quote Originally Posted by LJJ
    Really? Isn't there a max of some kind?
    Yeah, but the max is based on the previous salary. And I got those numbers wrong ...

The max you can get in your 1st year is 105% of your previous salary, or 35% of the cap in Kobe's case because he's 10+ year veteran, whichever is greater.

Kobe will earn $24,806,250 in 2011. So the max he can get in 2012 is 105% of that, so $26,046,563.

Then he can get a 10.5% raise on that salary. So an additional $2.734,889 per year.

So :

2012 : $26,046,563
    2013 : $28,781,452
    2014 : $31,516,341

Total : $86,344,356

Well, it seems like he's getting the max. Sorry about the wrong maths earlier

Quote Originally Posted by Mikaiel
    Yeah, but the max is based on the previous salary. And I got those numbers wrong ...

The max you can get in your 1st year is 105% of your previous salary, or 35% of the cap in Kobe's case because he's 10+ year veteran, whichever is greater.

Kobe will earn $24,806,250 in 2011. So the max he can get in 2012 is 105% of that, so $26,046,563.

Then he can get a 10.5% raise on that salary. So an additional $2.734,889 per year.

So :

2012 : $26,046,563
    2013 : $28,781,452
    2014 : $31,516,341

Total : $86,344,356

Well, it seems like he's getting the max. Sorry about the wrong maths earlier
    In other words a f**k load of money...

Quote Originally Posted by poido123
    Refer to post below yours...It's his position moneywise, he has more money than what he could poke a stick at, maybe he could pass this money to his 8th generation of Bryant's perhaps? this isnt just Kobe let me stress that, Im sure Lebron will milk it too
    its hard to say unless your actually in that position... this isn't an attack on you but i really doubt you would feed bad taking that much money..

That's a shitload of money for one player.

That's sick.

That is a lot of damn money

Quote Originally Posted by Jordandunk23
    its hard to say unless your actually in that position... this isn't an attack on you but i really doubt you would feed bad taking that much money..
    As much as I idolise Jordan, he took his big bag in his career too, perhaps not to this extent...To answer your statement, if I was at the back end of my career, I have maybe 200+ million in salary and endorsements to this date, my mind would be thinking more about having my teammates around for the end of my career as opposed to squeezing the orange for the last drop...And I certainly would feel a little uneasy taking that sort of money when I have people around me who are struggling to make a living, while sitting on a BIG pile of money...

Quote Originally Posted by poido123
    I know there's some seriously poor neighbourhoods and homeless people that could only dream of a smidgin of that money, granted many of them would blow it on booze and cardboard boxes, but money like this would be able to provide better halfway shelters and more money to the minimum wage of Americans, tell me they think Kobe should get a pay day like this
    Kobe is responsible for the economical crisis, global warming and world hunger.

We have to tell the Lakers organization to stop paying their players and start providing for the American people.

Quote Originally Posted by Interminator
    http://blogs.pe.com/prosports/2009/0...l-a-laker.html

Makes Kobe the highest paid player in the NBA, and allows him to earn over $30 Million in salary in 1 year in the contract.

All the talk that Kobe was not completely selfish, and cared more about himself than the team has gone out the window, No it wouldnt be the smartest move to turn down $85 Million, but it at least shows a testament to your character if you leave even $10 Million on the table like Gilbert did.
    How would Bryant taking less money help the team. I don't follow.

Quote Originally Posted by MaxFly
    How would Bryant taking less money help the team. I don't follow.
    You don't know how salary can impact a team?

And here I was thinking you were a decent poster.

Quote Originally Posted by Phong
    Kobe is responsible for the economical crisis, global warming and world hunger.

We have to tell the Lakers organization to stop paying their players and start providing for the American people.

A cheap cop out, you know what Im getting at...

Wanna blame someone for being selfish? Blame those players who are paid 5-7 millions just to sit on the bench.

I'd rather pay 30 millions for a superstar who's gonna perform all season long than pay 6 millions for the likes of Morrison or Vujacic.