Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Made that high school varsity squad DwadeOverLebron's Avatar

Default outdoor vs. indoor ??

which do yall prefer?

im dam near 30, and haven't gotten back onto the court seriously till last summer (i haven't played ball for dam near 10 years prior to that!), i was hoopin outdoor courts with friends, first month sucked! things i know i could do or move a certain way i just couldn't do! and i found it depressing to say the least, and after that first month some of my motor skills and what not was slowly coming back, and than the summer was over and than i stopped

this past couple of weeks i missed what i did over last years summer so i decided to play indoors at this church, and WOW! that totally kicked my but! to me indoor courts seem soo much bigger and i never thought it made a difference back in the day but now the differences are huge! i'm from the chi and just recently the weather started gettin nice, and theres no doubt im gonna hoop it outdoors again

but heres my question... is there a difference for you guys as well in terms of outdoors vs. indoors? and also how long before my stamina endurance motor skills start coming back at least by 80%? i plan on playing at least 2-3 times a week at about 2-4 hours at a time, any thoughts or advice would be appreciated!

Default Re: outdoor vs. indoor ??

Quote Originally Posted by DwadeOverLebron
    which do yall prefer?

im dam near 30, and haven't gotten back onto the court seriously till last summer (i haven't played ball for dam near 10 years prior to that!), i was hoopin outdoor courts with friends, first month sucked! things i know i could do or move a certain way i just couldn't do! and i found it depressing to say the least, and after that first month some of my motor skills and what not was slowly coming back, and than the summer was over and than i stopped

this past couple of weeks i missed what i did over last years summer so i decided to play indoors at this church, and WOW! that totally kicked my but! to me indoor courts seem soo much bigger and i never thought it made a difference back in the day but now the differences are huge! i'm from the chi and just recently the weather started gettin nice, and theres no doubt im gonna hoop it outdoors again

but heres my question... is there a difference for you guys as well in terms of outdoors vs. indoors? and also how long before my stamina endurance motor skills start coming back at least by 80%? i plan on playing at least 2-3 times a week at about 2-4 hours at a time, any thoughts or advice would be appreciated!
    Wow, at a church? Could you get some pics up? Must be pretty special

About the motoring skills; I know what you're talking about. It's been 4 years since I played ball, and some months ago, I found this nice local outdoor court. So, I'm already playing 2 months again, and my skills are slowly comming back. The most frustrating thing is my shooting that REALLY sucks now. 4 years ago I averaged 12ppg and 67% avg, but now it's more like 4ppg (in a 21-pickup game) and +-40% avg.

Just keep ballin' I guess... Some of your skills will come back eventually.

Made that high school varsity squad DwadeOverLebron's Avatar

haha yeah its a church 3 bucks and its also a full sized court with the pro 3's lined up, my friends told me about it some of em have been balling for years so its hard for me to hang wit em, if i were to get 75% of my game back i think can torch most of them, i played monday night and my legs arn't as sore as they were the first time i played which i guess is a good sign.

so do you see a difference between indoor and out? i asked other people and they said they weren't bothered by the court size difference but they felt the difference in there knees with outdoor courts since indoor has more support/shock absorbing floors. i personally like outdoors better

Indoor, it's just safer, plus no wind etc.

Quote Originally Posted by DwadeOverLebron
    haha yeah its a church 3 bucks and its also a full sized court with the pro 3's lined up, my friends told me about it some of em have been balling for years so its hard for me to hang wit em, if i were to get 75% of my game back i think can torch most of them, i played monday night and my legs arn't as sore as they were the first time i played which i guess is a good sign.

so do you see a difference between indoor and out? i asked other people and they said they weren't bothered by the court size difference but they felt the difference in there knees with outdoor courts since indoor has more support/shock absorbing floors. i personally like outdoors better
    Outdoor courts are generally tougher to shoot on, so you really need more of a dead eye shot. This combines the windfactor, double rims, mushroom shaped glass, etc. Also whatever the turf is; Clay, aphsalt, concrete, you generally won't get up as high vs playing on hardwood, etc.

IDK, to me everything seems slower outdoors.

The Magic are a trash HylianNightmare's Avatar

indoor is the best, a real backboard, single rim, woodfloor, AC.
    vs
    outdoor, there can be sand on the floor, double rims, wierdbackboards and i'm in florida right now yesterday it was 98 degrees out

Saw a basketball once

Quote Originally Posted by HylianNightmare
    indoor is the best, a real backboard, single rim, woodfloor, AC.
    vs
    outdoor, there can be sand on the floor, double rims, wierdbackboards and i'm in florida right now yesterday it was 98 degrees out
    Exactly...on the east coast of FL here. High 90's all week playing on blacktop with a hot west wind blowing shots away.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwight Schrute
    Exactly...on the east coast of FL here. High 90's all week playing on blacktop with a hot west wind blowing shots away.
    dunk it

Saw a basketball once

Quote Originally Posted by Automajic23
    dunk it
    The kiddie court was closed.

National High School Star

Outdoor takes more of a toll on my feet, ankles, knees, etc.. I also seem to have more bounce indoors and the rock is usually easier to handle indoors.

Ive yet to play on an NBA type court though... but indoors seems easier to me. Though I love playing outdoors on some double rims because it really helps me work on my shot by missing so damn much haha.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwight Schrute
    The kiddie court was closed.
    lmao, sucks. i hate the wind as well

Decent college freshman supersmashbros's Avatar

I prefer indoor mainly because the nearest court for me is indoors, but if I have the chance to play a full-court outdoor game, I certainly wouldn't turn that chance down!

Just one question: does the basketball wear faster on cement concentrate compared to hardwood floor?

Saw a basketball once

indoor by a mile for reasons mostly already listed: it's cooler, ball bounces more regularly, better backboards/rims, and its not as harsh on your legs. also you sweat a lot more playing in the heat, so you get dehydrated faster which means you lose energy a lot quicker, though you could probably drink a lot of water to counteract this.

I prefer outdoor courts. Mostly because that's the nearest, more accessible courts for me.

Handling the ball though, I don't know what you guys are talking about. My handles are exponentially better when I play outdoors.

Probably the best thing about playing outdoors is that any shoes will do. Indoors, if your shoes don't have any grip you're phucked. Outdoors, the asphalt/gravel/whatever provides the needed grip for you, so you don't need to worry too much about shoes (still should have good cushioning though)

Decent college freshman supersmashbros's Avatar

btw, has there ever been an outdoors official NBA game?