Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Decent college freshman theaussieguy's Avatar

Default Why does that rule exist where u can't intefere with the ball while its still in the

cylinder, even if its clearly not going to go in?

Stoked the spurs won but still, seems like a bullsh!t rule to me.

Default Re: Why does that rule exist where u can't intefere with the ball while its still in the

Board has gone downhill.

Default Re: Why does that rule exist where u can't intefere with the ball while its still in the

its called basketball buddy...go learn it

Quote Originally Posted by bluechox2
    That's a pretty lousy answer.

Someone please explain, im curious as well.

Quote Originally Posted by kamil
    That's a pretty lousy answer.

Someone please explain, im curious as well.
    do you not know about offensive interference...same reason why on defense its called goaltending?

thats why Im here, the year I signed up here is the year I started following the game and unless u actively try to learn the ins and outs of the game (I don't because I am a casual fan) things like this usually go amiss.

do you not know about offensive interference...same reason why on defense its called goaltending?
    I understand goaltending, if you had a guy like KG he would just catch peoples jumpers all day, but it seems strange to me that you can't interfere with ur team mates shot, both ur goals are the same, getting the ball in the rim so why does it matter?

Quote Originally Posted by theaussieguy
    thats why Im here, the year I signed up here is the year I started following the game and unless u actively try to learn the ins and outs of the game (I don't because I am a casual fan) things like this usually go amiss.
    pretty much goes hand in hand with goaltending...where on one end the defense can get penalized for altering a shot at the rim whether it going on a downward projectile to the hoop or knocking it off the rim after contact. so on offense you can get equally penalized if you knock it or alter it anywhere while in the restricted zone

Because someone has a time machine, and they went back in time and made this rule just to **** the Toe-clippers over.

I understand goaltending, if you had a guy like KG he would just catch peoples jumpers all day, but it seems strange to me that you can't interfere with ur team mates shot, both ur goals are the same, getting the ball in the rim so why does it matter?

It would be unfair for the other team. The rule makes scoring a basket harder, and it's better this way because players like DJ can just jump up and interfere all the times

That explains why you overrate Rondo.

Offensive interference prevents big men prove tipping in the ball for easy buckets almost every play. It also prevents the defenders from interfering with the ball while it's on the cylinder.

Shutting down your thread with knowledge and intelligence DJ Leon Smith's Avatar

Also, it's not illegal in international rules. In the NBA the players are more athletic so you'd have way too many shots being taken off the rim.

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Leon Smith
    Also, it's not illegal in international rules. In the NBA the players are more athletic so you'd have way too many shots being taken off the rim.
    ah okay makes sense

what if jordan had jumped up and dunked it in, would that have counted ?......many times those "put backs" are allowed

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by tomtucker
    what if jordan had jumped up and dunked it in, would that have counted ?......many times those "put backs" are allowed
    no it wouldn't have counted. Only allowed to do that once it's outside the cylinder.