Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    shhhhhhh

Default Re: How many centers do the Sixers need?

Quote Originally Posted by FPJ
    They are gonna trade him.
    Doubt it... Embiid is kind of a question mark at this time

76ers made the right pick.. can't let Okafor slip past them

Quote Originally Posted by SwishSquared
    I legit thought that the rumors pre-draft were a ploy by Lakers to get a pick from Philly in exchange for Russell. After he got taken @ #2, I thought Philly would trade down to gain a lotto and wheel/deal more to land a second first rounder this year. I'm more surprised by how inactive the 76ers were.

Btw, aside from Nance Jr. @ #27, I loved the Lakers' draft! Best of luck bro
    Yeah, I am stoked. Wanted Russell all the way. It's funny cause I wanted Randle so badly last year too. So two straight years, the two guys I wanted the most, the Lakers draft.

If they're looking to trade...Embiid should be untouchable.....the kid has Top 10 GOAT potential.

Decent college freshman

I wouldn't be surprised if we soon see 76ers offer up a Jahlil-based package for Cousins or 76es offer up Okafor for Kristaps + Grant + future first. Then flip Kristaps for Hezonja + 2nd rounder.

Actually, they're keeping him until next draft. I'm playing 2k GM right now haha.

Banned

I got the feels for Okafor. People expected the Lakers to nab him and then he drops to Philly and has to compete for a spot.

Great college starter chocolatethunder's Avatar

Embiid is hurt. He's not playing summer league and surgery is not off the table. Hinkie took the best player available and also had Embiid's injury in mind with the pick. He said all of that. I wish they could have gotten Russell but Okafor was clearly the best player available at the time and there's no arguing that really.

Hezonja cannot dribble at all and certainly wasn't worth the third pick. While Mudiay looks like he can be a PG in this league, he is still very raw and can't shoot and has a long way to go. WCS is redundant w Noel and Porzingis is a gamble. With Okafor they got more of a sure thing and although they now have three PF/Cs (wtf) they all have very different skill sets. Embiid easily has the highest potential of the three but Okafor has the best post moves and is the most NBA ready of probably any player in the draft (offensively). Defensively he's terrible. He's fat (reminds me of Jabari Parker) and really needs to get fit which I assume will be happening.

Serious playground baller

seems like an over reaction to what had happened with Bynum. You think your getting a all star center but no carear is actualy done.

Coupled with the fact that you had to roll with Hawes so many years who was basically only Center option. Just seems like an over reaction to past season center problems.

So what does Philly say, We aren't going to enter game time with no less than 5 centers on our bench. rofl. seems like they addressed their biggest concern.

Quote Originally Posted by chocolatethunder
    Embiid is hurt. He's not playing summer league and surgery is not off the table. Hinkie took the best player available and also had Embiid's injury in mind with the pick. He said all of that. I wish they could have gotten Russell but Okafor was clearly the best player available at the time and there's no arguing that really.

Hezonja cannot dribble at all and certainly wasn't worth the third pick. While Mudiay looks like he can be a PG in this league, he is still very raw and can't shoot and has a long way to go. WCS is redundant w Noel and Porzingis is a gamble. With Okafor they got more of a sure thing and although they now have three PF/Cs (wtf) they all have very different skill sets. Embiid easily has the highest potential of the three but Okafor has the best post moves and is the most NBA ready of probably any player in the draft (offensively). Defensively he's terrible. He's fat (reminds me of Jabari Parker) and really needs to get fit which I assume will be happening.
    Hoping Brett Brown and his obsession with conditioning will pay off for Okafor. I think that is a bigger issue than his free throw shooting or defense. And with better conditioning I think you'll see more improvement as a defender. Not that there aren't things he has to learn. But his conditioning will go a long way with him rebounding and defending. Could be wrong but hey. Defensively I feel Okafor could target Marc Gasol in that department. Similar sizes, lateral quickness no?

I have no issue with this pick as it is a BPA pick. I've said all along Sixers 3rd pick needs to bs BPA over need which is why I argued taking Towns regardless of Embiid (even prior to his foot issue) and Noel. You dont lose all those games to draft for need imo. Was I high on Okafor being an elite Center, perennial all star? No. Shit if healthy I would take Embiid over Okafor just on potential. But Okafor was a top 2 lock and was #1 pick majority of college season. He falls into your lap you dont pass him up so NYK can take him. Now I was hoping for a trade back for Mudiay. Hinkie may like Okafor more than we know.

If anything we Sixers fans need to walk away with this. So long as Hinkie is here you don't know who he has on his draft board. So many rumors, reports and this guy ends up grabbing Okafor. This includes mock drafts by guys who had Okafor going past Philly. He just doesn't show his hand.

I do want to know if Russell was the guy he would have taken if Okafor was off the board. Not sure we will get an answer to that question. But I would like to know just because.

As far as Mudiay a large part of me wanting him is Jerry West endorsed him. Said Mudiay and Towns will be the stars of this class, S.Johnson, Winslow, Lyles future All stars. These were the 5 he liked. West isn't batting 1.000 so itll be interesting to see who he hit on in the future.

At least we get to see Okafor this summer!

What are the chances this 3 team trade happens?

Sixers get: D'Angelo Russell
    Lakers get: DeMarcus Cousins
    Kings get: Jahlil Okafor

whatever
    Saric
    Noel
    Okafor
    Embiid

super big ball

Quote Originally Posted by Nash
    whatever
    Saric
    Noel
    Okafor
    Embiid

super big ball
    Nerlens Noel at the 3

Decent college freshman

Quote Originally Posted by RRR3
    What are the chances this 3 team trade happens?

Sixers get: D'Angelo Russell
    Lakers get: DeMarcus Cousins
    Kings get: Jahlil Okafor
    I think Boogie's camp has to make a major push to get him moved, otherwise it's off the table imo. I mean Russell seems to fit really great for Philly, but Embiid's condition doesn't sound super promising at this time, so having a healthy low post threat right now might be best. I personally think Russell will be better than Okafor.

Anyway, if Lakers get Cousins by just giving up #2 that's a heck of a deal for them imo.