Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: Lithuanians in the NBA

Quote Originally Posted by ArbitraryWater
    Sabonis was simply on pace to become the greatest human being to ever touch a basketball
    Lithuanians don't even believe that

NBA sixth man of the year knickballer's Avatar

Remember Lithuania has a population of a little under 3 million.. They had a few notable players in the past like Kleiza(good role player for Denver), Jasikevious or w/e(was a bust in the NBA but apparently the Euroleague goat), Sagnalia then of course Valincious and Motejunas.

Serious playground baller

Wasn't Big Z an allstar at some point?

Quote Originally Posted by ArbitraryWater
    Sabonis was simply on pace to become the greatest human being to ever touch a basketball
    On pace to be 2nd greatest. No one is ever touching Jordan.

Marčiulionis was a good player in the NBA, averaged 19 and 17 b2b on great efficiency before getting injured.
    Sabonis is probably a top 3 player ever worldwide, still was a great player in the NBA after two achilles surgeries with a foot made of metal.
    Big Z was an all-star
    Valančiūnas and Motiejūnas are both good players on the rise, Val is getting done dirty by the idiot coach, and motiejūnas is the best post player in the nba.

Quote Originally Posted by SexSymbol
    Marčiulionis was a good player in the NBA, averaged 19 and 17 b2b on great efficiency before getting injured.
    Sabonis is probably a top 3 player ever worldwide, still was a great player in the NBA after two achilles surgeries with a foot made of metal.
    Big Z was an all-star
    Valančiūnas and Motiejūnas are both good players on the rise, Val is getting done dirty by the idiot coach, and motiejūnas is the best post player in the nba.

Quote Originally Posted by RoseCity07
    One of the best players ever, Sabonis. He destroyed David Robinson before blowing out his knees. With no knees he guarded Shaq better than any other center in Shaq's prime.
    Ah the myth of Sabonis continues to grow some 30 years later.

Sorry to tell you, but that NEVER happened.

In the '86 WC Robinson had 20 points, 7 rebounds, 4 blocks against Sabonis and Sabonis in the same game had 16 points, 13 rebounds and 4 blocks.

In the '88 Olympics Robinson had 19 points, 12 rebounds, 2 steals and 2 blocks vs Sabonis who had 13 points, 13 rebounds, 2 assists, 1 steal and one block.

And by the time the two met in the NBA, Robinson was brutalizing him.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/...1&p2=sabonar01

I do believe that a healthy Sabonis had the potential to be among the top-15,, maybe even the top-10 all-time centers, though.

---> my username, a Top 10 European player ever, technique and IQ off the charts, but too slow for the NBA. I think that sums up the whole thing.

Off-topic, but interesting none-the-less...

With this supposed globalization of the NBA...how come we haven't seen more MJ's, Magic's, Shaq's, Durant's, as well Kareem's, Dr. J's, and Wilt's?

Quote Originally Posted by LAZERUSS

With this supposed globalization of the NBA...how come we haven't seen more MJ's, Magic's, Shaq's, Durant's, as well Kareem's, Dr. J's, and Wilt's?
    How come we have not seen any, not even a single one in the NBA coming from the USA?

GTFO CREEP

I usually hit open layups

Quote Originally Posted by outbreak
    who cares about past players, the guys a 7"1 who can shoot threes, handles it well and is very mobile.
    Biggest misconception I see going around. This dude moves like he wears cinderblocks as shoes. Slow as shit

Quote Originally Posted by RonSwanson
    Biggest misconception I see going around. This dude moves like he wears cinderblocks as shoes. Slow as shit

Who are we even talking about, because if its Porzingis, he is Latvian, not Lithuanian.

I usually hit open layups

Quote Originally Posted by PejaNowitzki
    Who are we even talking about, because if its Porzingis, he is Latvian, not Lithuanian.

Porzingis. He's slow as shit

Good college starter

Quote Originally Posted by LAZERUSS

Most Euros are too soft and too unathletic to be elite in the pros. They produced quality players but few franchise type level of players.

Quote Originally Posted by Euroleague
    How come we have not seen any, not even a single one in the NBA coming from the USA?

GTFO CREEP
    BUT, at least the US produced THEM. Where are all these greats that the rest of the world should be supplying the NBA with? Again, where are their MJ's, Shaq's, Magic's, and Kareem's?