Default How much will Curry decline next season?

It becomes an evidence that Curry's peak was that OKC game in regular season. Since then he had regressed a little for the rest of regular season, while the decline was sharper in playoffs, especially in NBA Finals.

Curry is 28 and his prime was over, and next year he will decline even further. I think he will fall out of top 10 next year, or even top 15. Hes now just a JJ Redick-like shooter, theres little to no athleticism left, as he cannot drive, cannot attack the basket, and cannot take a mid-range jumper.

If the only thing he can do is to shoot threes, he wont be that hard to defend. And this is why Curry has declined, as he's lost all but the three point shooting in his offensive skillset. Defense is never good for him, and it only gets worse with age.

So what do you think? Do you still consider Curry a top 5 player in current NBA right now? And how far will he fall off next year?

Default Re: How much will Curry decline next season?

why would he

28 -> 29 isnt a crazy difference.

I don't think he comes back and has as good of a regular season as he did this year, but he still has a MVP-type season.

Back to Business

considering ray allen was still putting up 26 points a night at the age of 32 (his last season before joining boston) I think curry will be fine. SMH

Quote Originally Posted by miggyme1
    considering ray allen was still putting up 26 points a night at the age of 32 (his last season before joining boston) I think curry will be fine. SMH
    Ray Allen's athleticism is underrated and clearly several levels above Curry. Ray was able to make crazy dunks and drives in his younger days, only in Boston when he was over 30 that he started to transform into a pure shooter. A better comparison is JJ Redick, or Steve Kerr.

Curry's game doesn't revolve around athleticism.... plus why would he decline at age 29?

He's still going to be the MVP. I have the Warriors winning it all next year.

Back to Business

Quote Originally Posted by Kiddlovesnets
    Ray Allen's athleticism is underrated and clearly several levels above Curry. Ray was able to make crazy dunks and drives in his younger days, only in Boston when he was over 30 that he started to transform into a pure shooter. A better comparison is JJ Redick, or Steve Kerr.

AT 32 IN SEATTLE RAY ALLEN WAS PUTTING UP 26 POINTS PER NIGHT. THE 2006-2007 SEASON.

stop posting dumb stuff for the hell of it

Quote Originally Posted by riseagainst
    Curry's game doesn't revolve around athleticism.... plus why would he decline at age 29?
    Because the claim that Curry's game doesnt revolve around athleticism is false. The reason why Curry was good in regular season, especially until that OKC game, was that he had the athleticism to drive, penetrate and attack basket if you guard him at the perimeter. This makes him ridiculously hard to defend, as its difficult to defend both the paint and the perimeter.

In the playoffs however, Curry is regressed to almost a pure shooter, its a lot easier to defend him if the only thing he can do nowadays is to take long range shots. What happens to Curry's other offensive moves? Well, its a direct consequence of loss of athleticism, as 3pt shooting is the only thing that doesnt need athleticism, and the only thing hes good at now.

College superstar

I don't expect much of a decline per se, but I do see his scoring decreasing a little to the 25-28ppg range. It's rare in this era to see a player average 30ppg in consecutive seasons. He may seek to pace himself a little more next year. Additionally, teams may defend him a little better.

Great college starter Quickening's Avatar

He will dominate again next year, not every team has Lebron marshalling the troops and taking his lunch money every night.

Local High School Star nashwade's Avatar

he needs to evolve his game or sign a take-over guy to GSW

Quote Originally Posted by nashwade
    he needs to evolve his game or sign a take-over guy to GSW
    Well he cannot evolve his game now that hes declining. I feel very bad for Warriors fans, if I were one of them Id protest the team's atrocious performance by not going to the games next season.