Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default You discover an unmarked unclaime briefcase filled with large uncut stones of diamond

And I mean it is filled. The stones are large ones too, worth millions.

What do you do with it.

Default Re: You discover an unmarked unclaime briefcase filled with large uncut stones of diamond

Quote Originally Posted by CavaliersFTW
    And I mean it is filled. The stones are large ones too, worth millions.

What do you do with it.
    Bring it to the Jews.

Default Re: You discover an unmarked unclaime briefcase filled with large uncut stones of diamond

Don't know. Keeping it is insanely tempting obvious but there are 2 problems: 1) it belongs to someone you don't want to cross and you are suddenly in the middle of a wrong place, wrong time crime movie and 2) I don't know how I would turn all of those diamonds into cash without raising suspicion.

Very good NBA starter

Buy the Cavaliers

have lots of sex with lots of attractive women

I actually would notify the authorities. There's no way that amount of diamonds isn't being looked for. And I don't want to be the asshole that gets found with them and didn't do the right thing.

And let's be honest. That's just bad karma to keep them

Give it to the police. I don't have anyway to fence that. Something worth a crapload of money with no buyer isn't worth anything, and searching for a buyer might get me robbed, or accused of stealing it.

I'd be afraid of bringing it to someone, them thinking "this shmuck stole it, he can't go to the police" and them killing me and taking it.

Quote Originally Posted by Cocaine80s
    Buy the Cavaliers
    Who would you approach to make that transaction and with what?

Would you go up to Dan Gilbert and open the briefcase of diamond and say give me the team? Or would you try and sell the diamonds to get currency first?

Quote Originally Posted by oh the horror
    I actually would notify the authorities. There's no way that amount of diamonds isn't being looked for. And I don't want to be the asshole that gets found with them and didn't do the right thing.

Yep, turn it in.

Chances are if they have a package like that, they will throw you a finders fee.

If not, oh well, your life doesn't change.

Very good NBA starter

Who would you approach to make that transaction and with what?

Would you go up to Dan Gilbert and open the briefcase of diamond and say give me the team? Or would you try and sell the diamonds to get currency first?
    Sell them

Start my own company

Buy Cavs 10 years from now when im a billionaire

Quote Originally Posted by oh the horror

Good point. But this is a briefcase FILLED with them.

Do you pocket one or two? Just one could make you a millionaire even if not immediately, down the road. Do you chance that they haven't all been weighed or counted?

NBA sixth man of the year KyrieTheFuture's Avatar

Is it really that different from finding buried bags of gold coins in your backyard? What happened to those people?

Quote Originally Posted by Cocaine80s
    Sell them

Start my own company

Buy Cavs 10 years from now when im a billionaire
    Who do you know that you can sell uncut diamonds too, and in large quantity?

I wouldn't even know where to begin with that.

Who do you know that you can sell uncut diamonds too, and in large quantity?

I wouldn't even know where to begin with that.
    What do you mean? Are you assuming they would have to be sold on the black market!

I would turn them in.

But I suppose you could stash them away for many years until the "heat" hopefully goes away...